Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: we want ipreset points

Originally posted by Narakar
    I think what Cz is trying to say is that IPR points shouldn't be used to change the direction of your char.
    In fact, I was just relaying info.

it seems FC forgets all players using ithaca , river 6 , raid X pistol or others crit weapons !!!
    i think those players will forget to continue to play after this patch .....
    no ipr = a lot of gimped char , wOOt gratz FC ....

IPR

While Cz has made it clear they aren't allowing IPR points or resets in the newest patch, I think this is a big mistake. There should be some viable way to make changes to a character short of rerolling it. Equipment changes, and mistakes are made. Funcom needs to come up with some sustainable way of getting IPR or reset points, including possibly:

Losing some amount of levels per title level per reset point.
    Losing some amount of tokens per reset point.
    Paying an exponential amount of money per reset point.
    Going on a quest or mission to get a reset point.
    Some combination of the above.

The first ideas complicated. The player would have to have enough IPs available to lose during his level loss, or he must choose a skill from which the IPs will be removed.

The other ideas are easier to implement. I really think Funcom needs to implement this. Casual players like myself do not have the time or tolerance to reroll a character to try something else. Instead, we'll just quit (like I did before when my fixer was unplayable). Don't give people a reason to leave.
    L58 Fixer RK1

I'll bring the concern to the designers again, and keep the issue highlighted for new patches. But not for 14.6, as it's too close in time now.

There will be no extra IPR points given out when patching to 14.6. Nor will there be a full reset available.
    This doesn't say, that they will not give us IPRs after they are finally finished with all these nerfs+changes caused by boosterpack+notumwars.
    They are in between several big changes, I think.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

Thats the problem, no one knows.

We don't know what will be nerfed in the future. We don't know if we will get any more reset points. We really don't know anything.

So all you can do is make a choice and pray FC doesn't punish you for it. If they do, well its just tough. Or maybe not. Who knows? :/
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

well this game needs a money drain why not sell ip points for large amounts of creds like 20-60mil each. That would stop people from iping every day and also take a bunch of creds out of the game.
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Hump too bad Cz hates us all.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by SUPERSLAG
    well this game needs a money drain why not sell ip points for large amounts of creds like 20-60mil each. That would stop people from iping every day and also take a bunch of creds out of the game.

bout the best proposition I have seen super... we do need a money sink, though I still think 15 IPr's is more than enough (esp for those that used a full IPr). If they ARE going to give out IPr's they should charge obnoxious amounts for them.

I would say 1 million/level of toon

200 million for an IP at 200 yes, but when GA can go for up to 500-800 million 200 dont seem like all that much, and you would have to seriously WORK for an IPR at any level.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

well this sucks! no ip reset points all those points put in the trade skills so i could use my 15% scope i think thats a little bad funcom maybe people will start leaving ao like myself *hint hint* SWG rrr
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by SUPERSLAG
    only couse you got money
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Narakar
    So many comments in this forum are made by people only thinking of themselves, and not seeing the larger picture.
    You mean like you?

I'm with Yazule on this issue, It is actually very hard to completely gimp any character (well, except maybe an engie, but they come pre-gimped, no effort required). Trust me, I'll show you my list of alts sometime. (1he agent, bow ma, 1hb trader, 2he enf)

The fact that everyone is all up in arms to get more IP resets is just because they want to use the flavor of the month weapons/nanos/prof/whatever.

All the fun is in the so-called gimpy setups. Try getting your first 300-some sneak attack with a cutlass and you'll understand.

Nobody NEEDS any Ip resets... Everybody seems to WANT them however. Get your verb straight.
    /me throws her arms up in disgust.
    The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off to conserve energy.

My Greatest fear is that doctors call what they do "practice."

Despana -Eremite Tamer Extraordinaire!
    Sangaril -A stab in the dark.

This is very good opportunity to leave AO and start SWG(beta2 now. almost 1month to open beta ithink;p) for many ppl .not me;p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12