Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No full patch notes for 14.6 yet, but...

Re: Re: No full patch notes for 14.6 yet, but...

Originally posted by Coldstrike

If the nanos are the way they were presented to us, then you can go tell the person who made them to - "Pakk dem oppi rompa hvor de kom fra!" I'm sick of this treatment.
    Totally agree, and make tha chance to crit in PvP halfed? lmao

Yes pick on us soldiers some more.

Only good thing with this is that I prolly can quit a game which isn´t fun, only thing that holds me back are my friens here, but what i can see from this I will prolly just quit.

U can´t keep change the rules every damn patch, on your 4 hours downtime (before the servers goes up after patch) u can make a prof from uber to gimpy and another from gimpy to uber, u don´t think i spend enough time to get my char? but after every patch i have to start from the beginning again and when i am happy with my char u release a new patch, i have already done it enough times, won´t do it again, Thx FC nice game.

Note: How uber will a doc be now? when u are nerfing crits? geez sometimes i really think FC just have n00b chars and doesn´t understand the game at all.
    moon meeh

I notice that nowhere in what I'll call "Cz's preliminary patch notes", is a mention of the scope nerf. Now, if I remember rightly, there were complaints that nerfing the scopes would hurt PvM at least as much as PvP (and the LLTS/ELLTS would lose their value, and so forth). Perhaps, by halving the crit chance in PvP, they will now not have to make any changes to the old scopes?

Just a thought. There'd be no point now. They were roughly going to halve the (E)LLTS crit chance anyway, this could be their workaround so it only affects PvP.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Try to be a soldier PvPer next patch when u barely crit, GL.

And what about MA´s? UVC will be like VS in PvP. lol i don´t think FC even know what´s right or wrong they are just guessing thier way to "try" to move on.
    moon meeh

Agents, Bah, at least you have 50%. I will be down to a mere 17% :/..

Bleh, who cares about pvp anyway, it is broken.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

People still say there are too many crits in pvp.
    To nerf the amount of crits in pvp - It seems more fair to nerf everyone, rather than just nerfing LLTS's for melee.

And enforcer nanos are in shops on test - So I would say that they are likely to be still in there.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Cool

While I am not wild about losing some crit chance, and I can empathize with Agents. I think we all have to remember, this also means the other guy will have half the chance to crit on us as well. It helps the nuking professions some & keeps Docs godly. I wonder if they have ever looked at making healing only 50% too. (as has been suggested many times)
    50% damage vs 50% healing... seems pretty fair to me.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Originally posted by calvara
    so fixers get 2 things out of this.

higher ql items from mission rolling ....and near immortality in pvp due to yet another crit nerf.

soldiers get new nanos... mmm ya sure, they may say "soldier" on them but we can't cast them
    1. fixers r hackers so why dont make em able to hack teh terms and get better loot for them and the TEAM

2. i dunno why every1 is complaining about the halved crit.
    HOT doesnt make us ueber.
    GA isnt unbeatable.
    and not every fixer has GA.

i personaly liek the half crit idea. makes fighting longer and more fun. if i need 2 mins for a regular mob, why not making PVP the same way?
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Obitus
    While I am not wild about losing some crit chance, and I can empathize with Agents. I think we all have to remember, this also means the other guy will have half the chance to crit on us as well. It helps the nuking professions some & keeps Docs godly. I wonder if they have ever looked at making healing only 50% too. (as has been suggested many times)
    50% damage vs 50% healing... seems pretty fair to me.
    I think that is a technical problem. Halving healing for PvP, I mean..... he game would have to check what is hitting you everytime a heal is cast. If a player hits you, it is halved, if a mob hits you it is 100%. I'm no programmer, but I seriously doubt it's easy to do.

Make heals just cost 2x the nano, period.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Crit buffs and stuff

Well I think some of the arguments here are complete Tripe. This obviously isn't supposed to be a profession patch. Be glad if your profession actually got one useful thing and remember that the towers (and new org bonuses) might boost your skills a bit to reach some of those nanos easier.

I won't complain about what isn't in the patch yet. They're not fixing the game in one more patch even at this point.

I will complain about the crit reducation, I think it was the wrong way to go about doing it. Some great ideas had been come up with and I don't know why you choose this route.

Put a cap on crits in PvP preferably (except the agent nano) instead of just halving them. Also make more of the crit bonuses non-stacking or less useful to other professions. Make scopes only work with ranged weapons like flurry of blows only works with melee.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Sweet...

... Nice list Cz. Only think I find a bit anoying is the lack of NT stuff, but I guess it's on the way trough the pipeline anytime now.

Keep up the good work!
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

Originally posted by Skybert

I think that is a technical problem. Halving healing for PvP, I mean..... he game would have to check what is hitting you everytime a heal is cast. If a player hits you, it is halved, if a mob hits you it is 100%. I'm no programmer, but I seriously doubt it's easy to do.
    First: I do not condone nerfs. But technically speaking the mechanics for this are already in game. The game knows when your fighting a player, ever see "Target must be an NPC". Game also has a flag for if your in a fight, "cannot heal while in combat yadda yadda". Player flag goes up when "attacking <player>" or "attacked by <player>". Flag stays up untill the fight is over same as using treatment labs. Again I reiterate I do not condone nerfs.

*edit: spelling=)

Either ways people will always find something to complain. ie Oh FC his is way too Black..Oh FC now its way too White...FC FFS Grey is the worst of all.
    One side will always be pissed while others get happy and visa versa and at the middle ground no one has satisfaction. This is the basic logic thats seen in AO community.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    Either ways people will always find something to complain. ie Oh FC his is way too Black..Oh FC now its way too White...FC FFS Grey is the worst of all.
    One side will always be pissed while others get happy and visa versa and at the middle ground no one has satisfaction. This is the basic logic thats seen in AO community.
    well thats one thing I think everyone agrees on.

PvM comments

Originally posted by Cz
    ...here's some of the stuff that's in 14.6:

*Initiative fixes on these weapons:
    -BBI Faithful
    *Wen-Wens now work
    *All outdoor mobs now give more XP
    *Evades lowered on the outdoor glowing bosses
    *Pet profession NPCs now summon pets in combat
    *Missions requested from booths by Fixers give higher QL loot
    *Coffee machine available through trade skills
    *Organization names now display over people's heads, colored by side
    *Atroxes get more health, while nanomages get a bigger nano pool
    *Monster info (shift + left click on the mob, or target it and press 't') updated
    *Recieving team heals no longer breaks concealment
    *Fixed a range bug on Da Taunter
    Quite good patch for PvM, only hope is that summoned pets are giving xp.
    And can be crowd controlled.

I hope that you werent planning nerfs to 'not-so-popular' classes...
    Not every one is interested PvP balance and ganging.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

If there are any questions regarding which bows use which inits and whatnot, my DB should accurately reflect the final changes in 14.6 regarding these. (Unless FC pulls a fast one.)

Cz was wrong, it looks like... Pow Bow still uses Physical Init, and is pure Bow. =) Think he was probably thinking of the Oneida Razor Half-Bow.

For a list of many of the items that were modified in some way:
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/updatelist.html

-Jayde

Originally posted by Hermy
    *Chance of scoring critical hits in PvP halved *

Does this means that the agent short duration crits also are halved, because if so, its buh bye to agents for pvp...
    Yeah it does
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    People still say there are too many crits in pvp.
    To nerf the amount of crits in pvp - It seems more fair to nerf everyone, rather than just nerfing LLTS's for melee.

And enforcer nanos are in shops on test - So I would say that they are likely to be still in there.
    Agree. But it still ain't 100% fair, alltho more fair towards melee users. As I see it, healingclasses like docs etc will get a slight buff by this as dmg, once again, get's a nerf.

On the other hand, docs with shotties will do even less dmg, so it is somewhat fair. I think it's a good move.

*assbump to kink*
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 1st, 2002 at 09:26:06.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Updated the original post with Enforcer nanos, and correcting the Pow Bow statement.

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!

Agree. But it still ain't 100% fair, alltho more fair towards melee users. As I see it, healingclasses like docs etc will get a slight buff by this as dmg, once again, get's a nerf.

On the other hand, docs with shotties will do even less dmg, so it is somewhat fair. I think it's a good move.

*assbump to kink*

thats alright for a class that can mongo and kill ppl with damage shields

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast