Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No full patch notes for 14.6 yet, but...

Originally posted by Hermy

fixers, enfs and docs will take another step towards immortality yes. For the agent its....the end.....

Can I please change my agent to beeing a fixer FC, I dont have the stamina to play another to lvl 200, so I might just as well retire...
    Hermy I knew that FC never cared for agents. Hence why I retired Kenidy. I had hoped one day agents would become OK to play, but guess I was wrong. That 100% and 30% crit buff is stupid in pvm unless I am soloing. Since bracer nerf, that is really impossible. I mean my advent can't solo RM either, and he heals for 5-10k hps in a normal fight.

So wasn't that crit useful for pvp then? I have a suggestion, just let us agents use UVC etc. At least that way we MIGHT get a chance at obtaining that 100%...
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Please tell me you just forgot to mention the new Enforcer buffs!

I see them in the database but a mention from you would be nice...
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

<sigh>

Cz...
    I suggest you take a few minutes with the devs...
    then pick up the biggest fire extinguisher you can find... and haul your butt over to the agent forum with a couple explanations or clarifications on the crit issue. The embers are allready overheated and the room is filling up with flammables.

Oh... and while you're at it... it might be wise to stop by the enf's on your way and toss'em a few buff assurances... or there might be more fires to put out than one man alone can handle.

Just a friendly suggestion...

Edit: you might also consider being quick about it...
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

I do like and i dont like changes to crit in pvp.

Well they trying to shift game from combat which based on critcal chance to combat that based on normal damge and that why they put so many new prety dicent normal damge wepons into the game. But it doesnt help... Its makes pvp even more lame then its now if crits halfed then it will tkaes twice longer to kill anyone. Ah yes a fight doctor vs doctor can go for half an hour already so now if i want to duel doc i need to check if i have a hour of free time to waste so i can duel....

Maybe we should bring full damge back and leave specials caped at 40%?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I'm all for it actually. Speaking as an NT I was getting kinda tired of being critted in PvP by high lvl players wielding beams/fists/shotguns/rifles and getting dropped with 2 or 3 specials. Base damage on a lot of weapons with the high AMS that comes with being able to self-buff your main attack skills already hurts enough.

It gets a bit tiring being a crit-gimp when you only have 5k hp. I have 900+ evades and play full defence in PvP and still get the snot critted out of me. About time that i.p. started to mean something and started working as it should.

All round I'm pleased with this. A crit nerf to other professions = a survivability boost to NT's in PvP. You can still knock the snot out of mobs in PvM with your un-balanced AMS v DMS rolls. If all you have left in the game is 0wnzoring everyone in 25% or 0%with 40% capped damage every other hit then maybe it's time you moved on.

Yay! @ crit nerf.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Originally posted by Grupert

Screw you.
    Ok... someone needs to get out of the house more and quit taking this virtual world so seriously.

Originally posted by Grupert

This will put the final nail into the coffin for us. Why don't you put your happiness where the sun don't shine.
    Bloody idiot.
    And now I shall quote your edited remarks with the same response....

Why don't you get out of the house more and quit taking this virtual world so seriously?

Re: No full patch notes for 14.6 yet, but...

Originally posted by Cz
    *Chance of scoring critical hits in PvP halved
    Some people seem to have missed a point here, it's not the DAMAGE from critical hits that is being halved, it's the chance of SCORING a critical hit.

So, logically, since they're halving the chance of scoring a critical hit, wouldn't it be fair to say that this is a bad thing (won't use the n-word) more for the class(es) who can garner the biggest critical chances?

That would be MAs in general, and Agents when they use short-term crit buffs.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

:Chance of scoring critical hits in PvP halved" how much we lose ? 10%? 50%?

A boost to the Queen Blade means the enhance queen blade will be in game ? did u guys test the dmg in pvp enf with that blade + fob+ some cirtical buff + challange vs a ma or any other low hp and no root prof ?
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

Cz dont need to put out the flames on the agent board, cause there will noone left there...

We had one thing, max offense and hope that would give us the edge, well, not agains enf, fixers doc, but a reasonable chance vs most other proffs....Now there will be no offense...its like a nightmare, we finnaly got something that woeked after beeing bendt over that barrel in 12.6 and 7 months of patches after that, and now it all comes again....

*runs screaming over the edge*
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

hmm

with crit chance being halved, nuking and healing profs just became more powerful ;p

Everything being said, this does seem to be much too broad a sweep. I assume agents were given a buff that gives them a 100% chance to crit for a reason? To be fair, that should still work... but by the same token - if it did - then it would result in agents being overpowered. I dunno.... I don't pretend to have all the answers. This just seems like to simple of a fix for instakill PvP.

Re: Re: No full patch notes for 14.6 yet, but...

Originally posted by Zylina

While the crit issue did need to be looked at, for those profs with dark blue weapon skills, crits were the only way for them to be even semi effective in pvp. I can see that this is party an effort to make profs use their skills, and not be soldier/agent/trader wannabes. However, this is a half assed fix at best, since the whole reason most of us are wannabe gunslingers is because our skills suck. I do hope this change means that Funcom will be looking in to the many issues surrounding nuking/pets etc.
    ^ What she said.

--Tsk

woot...

Wow, sounds like a great patch. Can't wait till it hits live. Thanks Cz for the info!
    Board Member, Black Orchid

Hey, you look like me!
    Of course I do. I'm a beta unit.
    What the hell is a beta unit?
    A beta unit is a simuloid. An exact duplicate, only not as loud!

Question

Some good stuff in this patch, but :

"Originally posted by Cz
    *Chance of scoring critical hits in PvP halved"

Are you kidding me!
    Does anyone at funcom play an agent,
    how are we supposed to stand a chance in PvP now???????

I didnt think I would live to see the day 12.6 came rolling back...

Originally posted by Psiraven
    *Chance of scoring critical hits in PvP halved

Probably will unbalance healing professions even more and make Fixers into gods.

Agreed.........
    Healers were already gods vs my Profession... now i'm not even going to bother.... my only change was to get lucky with a few crits in a row.. now ive even got less chance.....

Look at the soldier profession.... our abilties..
    Do damage
    Reflect 75% for 1:20.....(This was orginal invisaged when soldiers did 100% damage and it reflected all the damage back) now we do a bit less then half the orginal damage we did before.... this means we are required to live even longer then 1:20...... it isn't enough time to kill a healer now... and won't even be close post patch.
    Last edited by Zerosignal; Nov 1st, 2002 at 03:44:00.

Well, I am happy. Finally I can use bows and hopefully FoL is in the list of revamped MA styles.

The crit decrease is kind of depressing for those who PvP, but since the decrease will be on all professions I dont think it will cause any imbalance issues.

I wouldnt complain too much, FC could remove crits completely if they felt like it.

nerf cirtical in pvp is killing mas ...... all ma weapon( fist also) have very bad normal dmg and lack of special compare most melee weapon . lost cirtical = lost chance to win in pvp. i think FC wanna see an enhance queen blade ma in pvp probably or X-3 ma till 14.8( if the new bow is too hard to get ).

and also it also kill all prof use itcha or 9-x for pvp.

it is good for nt and all nuke class tho
    and doc is more unbeatable for most class muhahahaha
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

yah! the weekest breed gets more nanopool! what the crap?

Originally posted by Hermy

fixers, enfs and docs will take another step towards immortality yes. For the agent its....the end.....

Can I please change my agent to beeing a fixer FC, I dont have the stamina to play another to lvl 200, so I might just as well retire...
    Hehe exactly...

As-is the only way I can every kill someone is for them to go AFK while I'm shooting at them. Anyone has more than enough time to get away from me with 15% crit

I'll do even less damage, and take far less damage now. Another poorly thought out solution I think. There is still time of course.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast