Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix PvP

How to fix PvP

There is a very simple solution to the current PvP problem where doctors are almost invincible. Remove or change Vektors. The problem isn't that healing is too powerful, the problem is that Doctors can overequip these nasty vektors and other shotguns so far due to skill wrangles. I played with a level 70 doc last night that was using a QL131 Vektor, there is no way that a doc could overequip this weapon without a skill wrangle, but in doing so he gets access to one of the most powerful PvP weapons in the game. Vektors check against Duck skill which most dont raise, hits for energy damage, and has an very high critical damage. The doctor was able to crit for close to 1700 damage. My QL184 Nova Flow only crits for about 1900 damage. THIS is where the imbalance is, sure the Vektor doesnt have fling or burst, but fling and burst are hard capped but the vektor's CRITS ARE NOT. Now I know that in PvM the Nova Flow is a superior weapon, but we're talking strictly PvP here and in which case the vektor is a very strong competitor for the Nova Flow with the current special attacks nerf.

This is in no way meant to nerf Docs in PvM, I think everyone should be able to hold their own in PvM, but Im just trying to point out one aspect of the problem with PvP. When you carry about the same caliber gun as me AND heal, its not balanced at all.

Plankk
    99 Soldier RK2

If you dont raise duck then its your fault when they own you. There are about 4 shotguns out there that are godly. I think that all the other classes that use them would be seriously hurt by the nerfing of vektors. I think they are a viable weapon, but not TOO powerfull. The problem is there are a lot of sucky guns in the game and that is what you are compairing vek's to.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Agreed. Vecktors are not godly they just don't suck like over 75% of the weapons in the game.

Vektors

I never said Vektors were overpowered, I said they were too easy to over equip and its the combination of the vektor's single skill, trader wrangles, and the fact it IS a good gun that is the problem. They only require Shotgun skill which can be wrangleld easily. I also don't have a problem with crits, but if they insist on putting a cap on the one advantage that the Nova Flow has over the Vektor(hard capped specials), they should also do something for the "nano dependant" classes to balance them. A soldier could easily own a doctor if they agree on a "no nano" rule. I know what you're saying, "but nanos are part of the doctor's power" yeah, your right, but burst and fling(alpha strike) are part of the soldier's power and we had that nerfed.

Plankk
    99 Soldier RK2

Um soldiers DO own doctors. kthx

anyway, duck is a stupid skill, should be removed from the game, and get a new type of nano resist instead, which of course is green to NTs and a few other profs. Duck skill unbalances PvP AND PvM, MANY soldiers now dual wields shotguns in both PvM and PvP, cause they do soooo much dmg and are fast, better dmg than any assault rifle in the game, just ask around, the new hyped thing among soldiers is to use shotguns, shotguns are the best weapon together with beams. But very polite rumors says shotguns will be nerfed...
    Last edited by Garzu; Jan 8th, 2002 at 00:34:37.
    NT phone HOME!!

Yep vektors are buuul****. Then again...so are krutts. Then again so are agents with demon pets. Then again so are meta's period. Then again so are enforcers. Then again so are soldiers MK shields. Then again so are beams, hammers, twinks, surgery implants, decus coats, airplanes, group xp, NPC armor class, NPC hit points...oh lets expand the list to include broken things... NT nano range, nano resistance, the entire MA class, the entire fixer class, the entire advent class, all weapon tradeskills, all SMGs, 98% of the weapons in the game (AC vs damage), freedom arms pistols being removed (I want those back) , hmm how about the total lack of support on the messageboards, crappy QA, awful planning, boring missions, lack of dynamic content, stupid static dungeons with crappy rewards, nano pool implants, effect of psychic, et al. on nano pool, duplicate items bug, PvP in general, clan advantages....

Lot's of things are broken. Welcome to ANARCHY.

There are solutions: Remove all gas zones and implement bounties and assasination rewards. Make smuggling possible. Make trade skills work. Make AC do a percentage rather than fixed amount. Toss in random special missions. Fix soloability of all classes. Get rid of PvP caps on normal damage. send me a blonde and sixer. yadaa yadaa..I have no idea what my point is, I'm just killing time at work.

/me falls out of his chair laughing at ming's post

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! <cry> <sob sob sob> <cry> He is beeetter than me! <whiiiiiiiiiiiiiine> I'm not da most uber in game! NERF THEM! <cry> <cry> WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Angry

Grrrr....i would really hate to see em nerf a GOOD gun....why not just buff the sucky ones a bit?....If they continue this way why not just remove ALL guns and give us some old sticks instead!?

Frost...
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

Hrm, yes, hey, I smell an idea here. Lets just take away all weapons. No need for nerfs any more. Then everyone will have to use leet dolls. Even MA skill gets taken away. And lets remove all armors too! Or make only one possible armor type, its AC is always 10, no matter what the ql.
    I bet then all the whiners will be happy, hugging their leets and taking people down in pvp with harsh language.

Re: How to fix PvP

Originally posted by tgdavis
    There is a very simple solution to the current PvP problem where doctors are almost invincible. Remove or change Vektors. The problem isn't that healing is too powerful, the problem is that Doctors can overequip these nasty vektors and other shotguns so far due to skill wrangles. I played with a level 70 doc last night that was using a QL131 Vektor, there is no way that a doc could overequip this weapon without a skill wrangle, but in doing so he gets access to one of the most powerful PvP weapons in the game. Vektors check against Duck skill which most dont raise, hits for energy damage, and has an very high critical damage. The doctor was able to crit for close to 1700 damage. My QL184 Nova Flow only crits for about 1900 damage. THIS is where the imbalance is, sure the Vektor doesnt have fling or burst, but fling and burst are hard capped but the vektor's CRITS ARE NOT. Now I know that in PvM the Nova Flow is a superior weapon, but we're talking strictly PvP here and in which case the vektor is a very strong competitor for the Nova Flow with the current special attacks nerf.

This is in no way meant to nerf Docs in PvM, I think everyone should be able to hold their own in PvM, but Im just trying to point out one aspect of the problem with PvP. When you carry about the same caliber gun as me AND heal, its not balanced at all.

Plankk
    99 Soldier RK2

Him : lvl 70 with a QL 131 gun (131/70 = 1.87)
    You : lvl 99 with a QL 184 nova (184/99 = 1.86)

I dont see where he was more over-equipping then you...Ok, they got shotgun, you got Nova...No-one told you NOT to take shotguns..:-)

Originally posted by Ming
    Yep vektors are buuul****. Then again...so are krutts. Then again so are agents with demon pets. Then again so are meta's period. Then again so are enforcers. Then again so are soldiers MK shields. Then again so are beams, hammers, twinks, surgery implants, decus coats, airplanes, group xp, NPC armor class, NPC hit points...oh lets expand the list to include broken things... NT nano range, nano resistance, the entire MA class, the entire fixer class, the entire advent class, all weapon tradeskills, all SMGs, 98% of the weapons in the game (AC vs damage), freedom arms pistols being removed (I want those back) , hmm how about the total lack of support on the messageboards, crappy QA, awful planning, boring missions, lack of dynamic content, stupid static dungeons with crappy rewards, nano pool implants, effect of psychic, et al. on nano pool, duplicate items bug, PvP in general, clan advantages....

Lot's of things are broken. Welcome to ANARCHY.

There are solutions: Remove all gas zones and implement bounties and assasination rewards. Make smuggling possible. Make trade skills work. Make AC do a percentage rather than fixed amount. Toss in random special missions. Fix soloability of all classes. Get rid of PvP caps on normal damage. send me a blonde and sixer. yadaa yadaa..I have no idea what my point is, I'm just killing time at work.
    Theres nothing wrong with airplanes.. well maybe some bugs but if your not lucky enough to find one or you dont have 5 mill dont whine please.

Sorry was I too subtle? The point being (had there been a point, which I clearly stated there wasn't) that lighting a match in a forest fire isn't nearly the hazard it normally is.

Or in simple terms everyone can understand, there's lots of stuff that's out of balance or whacked in the game.

And yes the difference in modes of transportation between an airplane and not having an airplane is like the difference between an MA and an enforcer as melee characters. Therefore airplanes are completely bullsheet and should be removed from the game. <---SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM

=) no more subtlety on this board from me!! Nope no way.

If they continue this way why not just remove ALL guns and give us some old sticks instead!?
    MMMM sitcks *rubs his Q 200 hammer of DOOM*

MUAHHAAHAHAHA

ROFLOL

I think they should just remove all violence from the game and add milk bars where all the current missions are. Missions would be to deliver milk, and chat with certain people. Nothing more.

Originally posted by Ming
    I think they should just remove all violence from the game and add milk bars where all the current missions are. Missions would be to deliver milk, and chat with certain people. Nothing more.
    Meligant soaks you for 123 pts of Milk and Cookie damage!

See it's inevitable, if there's a way to use it as a weapon someone will do it.

Hmm

Tired of people nerfing things instead of fixing them.

Vektors - Don't even have specials. They crit lower then high qual gamma beamers at the same speed

Krutts - It's crit or nothing - Projectile damage. Flingshot is decent but still crits about the same as a gamma.

Ithica - Lower crits, fairly decent specials, good rate of fire. Still nothing compared to a nova.

I'm a shotgun doc now, i'm currently wishing I went for the nova due to it's insane speed and specials. PVP is crit or nothing atm, and the nova crits almost as high as the shotguns due to the %50, plus it's almost twice as fast as the vektor.

You don't see people log in everyday screaming about the gamma or the nova or the beam, etc, etc.

Don't be suprised that people found a good balanced weapon and have started to use it.

Originally posted by Garzu
    anyway, duck is a stupid skill, should be removed from the game, and get a new type of nano resist instead, which of course is green to NTs and a few other profs. Duck skill unbalances PvP AND PvM, MANY soldiers now dual wields shotguns in both PvM and PvP, cause they do soooo much dmg and are fast, better dmg than any assault rifle in the game, just ask around, the new hyped thing among soldiers is to use shotguns, shotguns are the best weapon together with beams. But very polite rumors says shotguns will be nerfed...
    The talk on agent Sector.com is to consider going just Shotgun as well.... most agents don't go through with it... but there are quite a few that have started trying it.... because Shotguns are godly compared to any rifle (which is why Renee is better than most rifles)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast