Thread: Text Client and Dual Logging.

Text Client and Dual Logging.

I often have the text client open at work, but have some questions.

I work in a sea of computers, is it considered an exploit to have the text client open in two places, with two different character? I haven't tried to see if its possible.

Is it possible, and is it an exploit to have the text client open on one computer, while having the full client open on another?

Thanks

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

The chat server is separate from the login server. Several times I've had two chat clients open, and nothing stopped me. Once I opened the chat client while running AO, and nothing stopped me. If they make it this easy it can't be exploiting.

If it is condidered illegal, lots of bots would disappear.

I doubt they will do that.

The only advantages I see with having several chatclients open at the same time, is:

*RP. So much easier to play an NPC and still be in a chatgroup with your main.

*bots. Why spend an entire account solely on a bot? I bet nooone would want to sacrifice 8 characterslots for a bot. 1 is fine, but 8?

*...errr.... if you give away your login and password to someone else, you and the other person can log in at the same time. This can, infact, be concidered illegal. I think the EULA says something about giving away account information and lending it to other people.

If I can't have a chat client up at same time as I play AO they can ban me right away.

Apocbot - always on, our chat bot for main and alt guild
    Anti - Almost always on chat (if you send a tell and I don't answer, then I'm not there)
    Azz - On when I'm playing, from chat at work or from chat at home when I'm playing other lower lvl char that not in main guild.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I run a few bots for various purposes, from the 2 anarchy accounts that i have.

I have been doing this for a long time, and have had no problems.

If you look at the way the web client is set up, It would apear that this is the intended, goal.

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.