Thread: Dying while crashing...

Dying while crashing...

It has happened several times now after the last two serverpatches: I go linkdead in team missions while zoning to next floor, and logging into the game again, I have lost all gained xp and all my items are gone, waiting for me at reclaim. Nothing to do but terminate and get them...

This has never happened to me earlier, and I must admit it is a very annoying way to loose xp. I believe I have lost more than 3 levels worth already the last week (99 MP)

Now, I live in Norway, and even though it is said that the transatlantic line that went bad a little while ago is supposed to have become stable again, it is after this event this last add to gamebug frustration started. I have also noticed that I have more often an orange or red ping than before, and more glitches than usual. Actually, I have been almost free of glitches up until a couple of weeks ago.

My system:
    P4 2.4GHz
    512Mb RAM
    ASUS GForce3 deluxe with latest drivers
    XP sevicepack 1

Anarchy runs mostly smooth on 1280x960 32bit color T&L.

_______
    Spirou

Dying w/o going to reclaim is a very common problem, If you dyi while linkdead, you most likely wont goto reclaim.

This is also very exploited in other senses =(

And i hope that it can be fixed
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Opposite experience

I had the opposite experience. A couple days ago I went LD in a solo mission. At the time I had a mob rooted and out of range when I went LD. I was afraid by the time I got back in I would be dead because my root would have worn off while I was away.

Instead when I returned the mob was dead. Obviously I never fired a shot. I don't know what happened. I finally concluded Funcom must have prepared for such a situation, automatically killing the mob instead of killing me. Nice touch!

-Blaik

Happened to me yesterday too. really sux. And later i went ld in the bossroom, and something much more serious happened....

The team kindly all came down, so i could rejoin the team. Of course someone was still getting aggro from upstairs, and so eventually we fully disbanded and reformed, went upstairs and killed the boss, and on completion of the mission we got no tokens and no XP reward.

such a commanly known bug as the upstairs aggro, cant heal, cant join team thing really needs to be addressed

I hear ya. About a week ago I went LD just as my team took the button up to the Boss room. I was safe, but I couldn't join the team while they were in a fight with the boss. I helped kill the boss but got no XP (which was about 150k).

Once the boss was dead the team re-invited me and we all killed the calmed henchmen. I got xp for them and a token. The only thing I really missed out on was the boss. It's unfortunate that I went LD just at that time, but those are the breaks.

I wish FUNCOM would fix this so when you come back you are still part of the team.

-Blaik