Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tarasque is a bastard....

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    T has both parts just like Jamie Lee Curtis!
    hey now, i AM Jamie Lee Curtis and i'll tell you now, i was born with male parts only. rest was added after i heard men were getting nerfed in next patch.

Originally posted by schma
    I always thought "she", but I'm gonna stop arguing about that now.

Visited FC today, and the lead designer said "he". That's about as official as it gets.

- schma
    Your definition of "Visited FC" is?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

My definition is going to their physical, real life location for a guided tour of the building, meeting several of their staff and asking lots of questions they couldn't answer due to being secretive, getting some answers to trivial stuff (like tara's gender), getting a t-shirt as souvenir, then going home again (well, most went to a pub and got very drunk first)

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Originally posted by garzini

hey now, i AM Jamie Lee Curtis and i'll tell you now, i was born with male parts only. rest was added after i heard men were getting nerfed in next patch.
    OMG I want your big jiggly funbags, I dont care what you got under them pants

Oh, and T is a female. It--her--and I have spent much quality time together and one might say I know her inside and out *wipes off the barrel of his x-3 rifle*
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha WAT? HUH? ERM... oh!
    Charvy
    Charvinz

Bah...Epicine could Beat Tarry......SHE'S a pushover (and yes I have heard numerous references as tarrasque being a she...from more Arks than I care to admit to..not to mention a few other files ive glances...namely the ones done by the designer...)

And schma.....Daymn....is there a FG drop point to FC's HQ? Must be one of those lvl 10 empty spots you have to bring a Teddy bear, a Stuffed Leet Doll and be equipped in a full set of QL 220 Refined implants to get too..

(sigh) ahh well..next level then....

Red face

no no its a "lewt"
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by schma
    I always thought "she", but I'm gonna stop arguing about that now.

Visited FC today, and the lead designer said "he". That's about as official as it gets.

- schma
    It *is* he as the designer said it.

In French mythology Tarasque is actually a male dragon, I bet thats where Dev got it form.

No, im not french but I know something of mythologies

Edit:
    Bored at worked, found some backup evidence for me

http://www.fairrosa.info/dragon/tarasque.html
    The Tarasque: The Terror of Nerluc. Origin. France. Source. The Drac: French Tales of Dragons and Demons. By Felice Holman and Nanine Valen.

Origin

France

Source

The Drac: French Tales of Dragons and Demons
    By Felice Holman and Nanine Valen
    Drawings by Stephen Walker
    Scribner's Sons, New York: 1975

The Story

The Tarasque cannot be destroyed by mere human strength or weapons. The people in Nerluc have suffered many years until Martha, the girl with a quiet disposition and a Christian, comes to spread the words of God to the pagan people. She listens to the stories of the Tarasque and sets out, bear-footed, to search the dragon. When she finds the dragon, she uses two sticks as a cross and that stops the dragon as if it is pierced by a sword. She sprinkles holy water on the dragon and that quenches all the fire in him. She uses his sharp tooth to cut off her braids and using the braids as a bridle, leads him back in town, tame as a lamb. The townspeople kills the Tarasque with a shower of stones and Martha weeps for the creature but forgives the people's action because she understands their long-time suffering.

Comments

This male dragon is enormous. His body is most like an ox but with six short bear-like legs with enormous claws. On his body he has two shields like those of a turtle but covered with curved spikes, and the rest of his body is covered with closely overlapping scales that formed his armor. His tail is long and curved like a scorpion. His head is that of a lion, yet with a horse's ears, but his face, with eyebrows and mustache, is that of a sad and bitter old man. The Tarasque is described as an evil fire-breathing beast. The other monster similarly tamed, also originates from France, is The Gargouille, even though the later is an aquatic dragon.
    Note the comments about its gender

Also funny:

She uses his sharp tooth to cut off her braids
    toothpicker anyone?

I'm 100% sure Dev made T with this legend in mind.
    Last edited by Letah; Nov 12th, 2002 at 15:23:46.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12