Thread: Dont wanna bum anyone out but I gotta vent.

Dont wanna bum anyone out but I gotta vent.

Got up this morning... raining.. joy. So I walk to work in the rain its only about 2 miles or so away so I am only mildly drenched when I get in.

I sit down log onto my pc and start running a few reports as my co-workers arrive around me. Now im on a slightly higher wage than the others in my department because I often stay late and take on responsibilities outside my area of work. I work hard in the hopes that it will provide a little advancement in the future since its already got me a raise.

My manager calls my extension and asks to see me.. nothing strange there probably just a problem she needs sorting with profit and loss reports. I never worry because shes the most overly nice person in the world. Walk into her office and she doesnt look very happy... quite upset to be honest.

Then it comes.... We have to let 1 person from every department go and the human resources head decided we would decide based on how many days people have had ill. (I recently had the flu you see where this is going). She then tells me she has to let me go I have 4 weeks notice which I dont have to work if I dont want. By this time im so angry because of all the time and effort iv put in to have my future decided by such an arbitrary method. My boss is now in tears which kinda destroys all resolution of going out with a bang. Now I look at the people in my department through my bosses window.. I see neesha.. just had a child. Matthew... just bought a house. Duncan riddled with debt from university. And all I can think is thank god it was me and not them. I just wish id been chosen for that reason and not such an arbitrary pointless reason.

At the end fo the day

So down at the moment.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Peace
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Hugs, I am so so sorry

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

:-( That s a sad thing to hear…. /me wishes u the best luck in finding a new job, where they don’t fire people, because u work hard……

[list=1][*]Venting is good.[*]Any business that let's someone go based on days sick might not be a place you want to work in the long run anyway.[*]Don't burn your bridges but definitely let them know what you think about their "methods" of letting someone go.[*]Anyone with your work ethic will advance no matter what they do.[/list=1]You are going to find a new and better job.

Just remember bud: you are NOT being fired because you are not good at your job, or because you are not fitting in. They have a reason to cut back, and from your post, I can see that you are more happy that it was you than if it was another. You seem to be a nice person (can't say "guy" cos you may be a girl ) and its refreshing to see your outlook when you looked at your colleagues. Its nice to have a manager who is genuinely upset to have to let you go.

I am sure you will get a great reference, and the future is now open to you. It will stop raining, and you will get on with your life, happy that you have done no wrong in your job.

Chin up, you will work it out no problem, I am sure!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

gots to be positive

4 weeks with no more work wooot

wow dude that really sucks.
    sorry about that
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Unhappy

That's just awful, Tanis. I'm very sorry to hear that. And i'm hoping that soon you will have a much better job, one that appreciates the work that you do and the value that you bring to the company.

Kymmie

That's really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that.

From the other side of the fence, it was just as hard to let you go too.

The bright side is, now you can level up like KrAzY.
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Screw them and the horses that brought them into this world. Forget this pity crap. You went out like a gentlemen, i respect that. But keep this memory filed in your 'to do' list. One day, when you acquire vast amounts of wealth, remember to buy out the company and fire one person a week. And make it for arbitrary reasons.

"We have to let you go. Why? Well, we're basing our decision on how often people shave. Sadly, you shave the least...so goodbye"

Then next week, fire another.

"Yes...i'm sorry we have to let you go. We base this decision on how bad breath smells. You unfortunetly, have had the worst breath of all in the last 6 months. Goodbye."

Everything happens for a reason, this is a blessing in disguise. You'll do better in something else you do. Just remember to keep your head high. And keep that file in memory...

Right today is my insurance claim time . That is after all why I took it out. Now they can pay my bills for a while .

Having just been fired for abitrary reasons im kinda inclined never to do that to anyone else but thanks for making me laugh .

So lets see what do I wanna do... working from home is cool and with broadband in the UK now kinda more feasible than when last I looked at it.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.