Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request: make a lvl 150+ town

Request: make a lvl 150+ town

where we can get missions whitout getting 343254632446969 tells from people that need buffs

man i would love to see a town like that

whompa from omni ent to 20k then with whompa to outpost 10-3.
    i was often there and didnt saw ppl there . i think its empty hehe
    with 2 missions terminals. i took there 2month before ql130ish missions (which were in 20k)i think .

There are unusued mission terminals all over Rubi-ka.

hehe yeah , i know there are plenty Mission terms all over the place but, do you see any other people there ? =)

Thumbs down ohhhh poor little player

Don't be so haughty

You were happy to get buff when you were low level too.

This is the kind of behaviour that is destroying the social gameplay in AO atm.

nah , kan rember been buffed many times when i was low

and for the social gameplay , wont get better when you have 30 tells when your comming of of grid in Tir if i can buff them ?
    Last edited by Cratinum; Oct 31st, 2002 at 18:23:38.

Well this is an easy problem....

Just make a NT. I've been asked for HE in Newland maybe 10 times in my entire career, and I've been paid for it twice -- and once someone asked me for layers just before running out to 2HO. Oh yeah, every so often someone asks me for Feline Grace because I'm carrying a rifle, or for Mochams when they think I'm a MP (that used to happen more when I had a full suit of Waitt like the MP mobs ), but those are fun to reject. It's a quiet, calm, and sedate public life as a NT when you've got no buffs anyone wants....
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

where we can get missions whitout getting 343254632446969 tells from people that need buffs
    hehe yeah , i know there are plenty Mission terms all over the place but, do you see any other people there ? =)

umm .... "gimme this" ... "I dont want what I asked for"

arf

I've been asked for HE in Newland maybe 10 times in my entire career, and I've been paid for it twice
    love layers... love love love it... I cant beleive you dont get asked for it, it is one of the most powerfull buffs in the game for any class that casts during combat.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

They often ask me for Mochams too, I just plainly say no, and they get all pissed off... love it

(ps. im an NT)
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Yup I would love this town to be away from NLC. As an omni I have to go there to LFG. As soon as someone sees 194 adv LFG, i get tells "how much can ya buff my perception" or "can ya parrot me and my team" etc

The first couple times is whatever, but now its like just nuts. Frankly I get tired of it, I know how traders must have felt when "everyone needed a wrangle" or now enf/doc feel when ppl are begging for essense/IC/+80 treatment.

At least in this 150+ town I won't have to worry about some lvl 10 char asking me to buff 600 perception on them. (actually happens at least once a week.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

I've actually been wondering why we are still congregating in NLC. (Omni) We don't pull missions from there anymore. We don't do missions there. So why? :P

Re: Well this is an easy problem....

Originally posted by Strycker
    Just make a NT. I've been asked for HE in Newland maybe 10 times in my entire career, and I've been paid for it twice -- and once someone asked me for layers just before running out to 2HO. Oh yeah, every so often someone asks me for Feline Grace because I'm carrying a rifle, or for Mochams when they think I'm a MP (that used to happen more when I had a full suit of Waitt like the MP mobs ), but those are fun to reject. It's a quiet, calm, and sedate public life as a NT when you've got no buffs anyone wants....
    hehe then start a fixer.
    ull get like 100 tells with "can i have ur bets runspeed plz"
    but ull get paid for it 5 times (1k )
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

wah...

Want a kleenex?

Its an online roleplaying game. You cant just turn off the social context when you dont want it and turn it back on when you do...

Its sad to even hear talk like this, so haughty and uncaring that you don't even want to help others out. Tipping is another thing entirely. Not every1 can tip for buffs and these are usually the kindest of newbies that just want a slight edge in a game thats already balanced for twinks and gives them no chance at equal gameplay...

Arrow

Try going to Hope. Nobody should be pulling high level xp missions from newland.

But yes teams still form in NLC...habit I guess.

For omnis, don't grid into NL. Trade-ICC-NLC is faster, 1 less zoning, less distance too. Personally I get less lag zoning at the whompa than the east gate.

When you're done your set of missions and need to pull more, try gridding into trade, save, and whompa back to hope.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    The first couple times is whatever, but now its like just nuts. Frankly I get tired of it, I know how traders must have felt when "everyone needed a wrangle" or now enf/doc feel when ppl are begging for essense/IC/+80 treatment.
    The only thing I don't like about buffing essence's, is when clanners in NLC don't understand that I see clanners as enemies (omni and clan ARE enemies). And they also fail to see why I don't buff enemies.

If your country was in a war with another country, would you teach your enemies how to use this new flashy gun he had, so he could shoot you with it? I wouldn't.

...but I guess someone doesn't care about the story. They just want to be 'ub3r' and 'l33t' and 'roxx' and all those wonderful things. Story? RP? nah. they don't mean anything as long as I can get these implants in. I'll 'keel' you 'l8r'.

*sigh*

If you see me around, and I don't answer requests, it's most likely that I'm AFK and forgot to set the /afk-flag.
    ...either that, or I'm in another conversation and will get back you as soon as I can. If you're omni, and I got nothing better to do, I prolly buffed you because you stood in front of me too long, and I thought that was what you were trying to type

re: giving other buffs

excuse me on my drunken halloween reply :-)

But..I'm a 152 MA and i get bugged all the time in tir and BS for crit buffs, or MA exp/materies, or dirty fighter..and yeah sometimes I get fed up with it..but when I do I remember that I'm the one bugging for mochs or wrangle to cast ffok or MoP or stellar fists or whatever..so I cast it..no tips or anything..

so i'm not trying to be harsh or anything but if someone asks you for a buff just remember when your asking for one too...

peace (and i'm not trying to rag on anyone just in a drunkEn stupor and thought since I dont post on these forums very much that I would give my 2 cents)

*hiccup*

being a crat owns. nobody asks me for a thing.
    Dictator

Originally posted by Ghandi
    being a crat owns. nobody asks me for a thing.
    No, people just stand close to you and feel uber

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

/anon is your friend
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast