Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALOT of changes are comming up, and no more ipr.

Originally posted by TheSkeezix
    so you think i should use a ql1 weapon because it looks good, rather than something that causes damage?

I choose a weapon based on my ability to cover it in IPs, and it's ability to damage things. If funcom changes the ground floor leaving me ineffective, I need to change. It has nothing to do with RP, it has to do with damage.

I could be wrong, but putting a nice dress on and dancing for tarasque didn't kill it.

munchkin.
    Why kill the Tarasque in the first place? Does your character have a legitimate reason? How did you character even find out about the tarasque? I'm not saying that there was no way for the char to find out, and I'm not saying he doesn't have a reason. In all liklihood though, you don't give a rat's posterior one way or another. Unfortunately, that kind of crap ruins the game.

As for increasing the QL of your weapons, if your character knows he is likely to run into enemies of a certain calibur in his journeys, then of course he will upgrade his weapon. However, he shouldn't base this information on data you found in Jayde's db or Antiguardians. Your weapon choice doesn't even have to be based on looks or anything. What is important is that your weapon choice fit in with the personality of your character. For example, any agent using a weapon that isn't either silent or longrange would have a hard time explaining legitimately why they use that weapon.

As for hunting, etc. Really get into the role of your character and try to think as they would. An agent would probably try to run missions for his side as much as possible. A Soldier might go the mercenary route and do a similar thing. When you take missions, take time to read the description, and choose the right type of mission that fits your personality. An agent, Soldier, or Enforcer is probably likely to do assassination missions just to give an example. There are a lot of things for you to do, but gaining XP doesn't necessarily fit in with every character type. Just because the levels are there, the loot is there, and the money is there doesn't mean that's the only thing to the game. It is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, not munchkins online.

Indeed PipBoy i agree. My main char is doc and coz im doc i dont use weapons of any kind, just healing others. You just dont have any imagination guys ... thats RPG bout ...

"Indeed PipBoy i agree. My main char is doc and coz im doc i dont use weapons of any kind, just healing others. You just dont have any imagination guys ... thats RPG bout "

ever heard of Dr Mengele

Originally posted by Yazule

there are viable shotties even if they nerf llts (vek and HD come to mind).

anyone using a shotty and calling for IP is not the brightest. Just because the shotgun you choose atm to use wont be as effective does not mean that the weapon style as a whole is junk.
    Its not even lack of effectiveness. My doc uses an ithaca with a 5% scope. No ELLTS, works fine. Survive till it crits.

The problem is people who say, use krutt with a 15%. They think that the fuggin thing should crit every 2-3 shots.

Pfft, a weapon with an UBER crit should hit normal FAR more often then it hits crit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12