Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will the 200 cap be taken off ?

With the way breed cap works and color for certain skills.. I believe some profession have no reason to go over 195 - 200(MA fo instance)... Other professions like Doctor for example.. Have everything dark blue in the fighting department.. It takes ALOT of ip's to do a gun combo setup(Docs that wants to pvp). To do the one I wanna do I will have to flush stuff like B&E and calculate every timbits of ip I can find. I wouldn't have that problem if they raised the level cap to 250 for example. I could just level my char till I have enought ip to do what I want... When I say "raise level cap" alot of people just think for themselve and they're like "jeez I dont wanna do more missions". Anyway, why would you quit the game just cause they raised the level cap ?? lol, its not like you HAVE to reach the top level... I know alot of guys that are like level 180 or so, they dont even pvp and they have tons of ip's unspent.. Why would you keep on doing missions if you have all the ip you need ?(ermmhumm Show off.. yes) Just enjoy other stuff beside missions if you have all the levels you need... (IMO)

Also people are sick tired of doing missions over and over again. Well if FC would make the outdoor hunting work like its suppose to, people would stop complaining... Raise the XP gain outdoor by like 70% or something. Make it faster to do XP outside then inside in a mission...

Personnaly I would welcome that level cap taken off anyday. I'm soon reaching 200 and I need more ips. And I think FC is planning on doing it anyway with items title7 ( Title5 (150-190) Title6 (190-240?) Cap at 250 heh!

With the game being as easy as it is to level, I would DEFINATELY WELCOME a means to improve my character further.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Thumbs down Hell No

Easy yes. Fun, no the easy way is not fun. The other ways simply don't work after a point.

They're doing everything they can to slow us down already, you really want to try and hit 250 or 300 after they're done screwing with things and its 700m xp from 249>250
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

How much time do you think it takes to do a level in EQ from 55 - 56...? Its very easy to do a level in AO with the current system (yes 2 nights and you do 199 - 200 for sure). It sucks doint it cause its the same mission walls ALL THE TIME, with the SAME MOBS. You can't go do a quest with 2 teams for XP cause outdoor XP is not worth it and most people like myself just choose the quickest way of doing it. They could reach the max level to 300. Make outdoor XP worth it with cool quest (go kill Baron watever) for like 20 mil xp or something... And it would be fun again to level. It will continue to suck if the best way to do it is BS. And with the change they're doing for 14.6 (I heard 10%) well I'm ready to bet a few mil BS missions will still be the best way to level yourself.

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    With the game being as easy as it is to level, I would DEFINATELY WELCOME a means to improve my character further.
    Deffinately agree with you, Kink. I don't understand why anybody would be unhappy with a higher level cap. First of all nobody is forcing anyone to level. But if you'd want to, you would have an opportunity.

I am currently lvl 187 (almost 188) and I am taking things slow for the time being.. but I *know* that by the time I reach 200 my NT won't be complete and I would welcome an opportunity to get a few more levels after 200 to raise, say MC, past 1k to be able to selfcast new nukes without gimping myself. Just an example...

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

yep, I too agree with nexuss and kinkstaah. I wouldn't mind leveling past 200, and for those of you that complain about it being all that bad, take a look at the massive amount of xp you get from those secundus mob. Unless you really DONT want to do any outdoor hunting then thats really your own fault isnt it.

-Slick
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

I know I'm in absolutely no position to speak, considering I've only been playing for a month, but what about some sort of non-combat-skill leveling system? Keeps people from becoming TEH UBAR by constantly pumping their combat skills after they've already hit levmax, but maybe allowing people who are out of IP-gaining options to settle down, work on some tradeskills or something? I mean, isn't the thought of a battle-scarred Atrox Enf sitting down and lovingly crafting some ql30 imps for a grateful n00b an endearing picture? But seriously, that's the one complaint I can really sympathize with - "I'm gonna hit level 200 and...then what?" [flame suit on] I don't really care for the optimizers, because they're still "playing a game"...but for those of us that want to "live on Rubi-Ka" and let our characters mature maybe some way to continue doing so after reaching levmax? [whimper,duck]

Question When will the 200 cap be taken off

FC made this omni,clan world for what?Not to make 200 then grats i now can do 225,thanks FC i made 225,now make me more things to do so i can get to 250.Looks to me like there want us to fight a big war.Why made the pvp zones,and the new towers coming up.If pvp is going to be the game,then lvl 200 is ok,we will all be the same.We dont need ppl doing more lvls we need the war to start.Make 3/4 of all the zones omni vs clan.If you want to go out and lvl better look out you may get killed.Thats fun stuff.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/376/376819p1.html

Has a little insight on their plans for the level cap when Shadowlands is released.

i havent been 200 for long so i dont really know the burden of having to do nothing but all i can say is that my trip to 200 was miserable. I'd hate to go into a mission again. The ONLY way you could possibly make lvl200's lvl again is by getting something fun to do while getting xp but hold the viability of missions.

think about it... the new ql 220 implants need 2k treatment and 1k str/sta to equip....

Now unless FC plan to release a 900 buffing treatment item or a 350 str/stam item they will have to raise the cap to allow peeps to wear them. and the ql's are only gonna get higher.. talk of ql 300 jobe imps springs to mind.

Originally posted by andthensome

and besides, with everything in, I CAN wear some ql 220 implants now... eye, hand and head surgery implants, treatment library, ot windchaser (+10), full set of omni med, biomech cloak and biomech helm, +
    Don't forget biomech boots add +10

well 142 on my main, stopped leveling, cant stand BS missions (sorry just not hard core enough to put that much time into something boring)

I dont oppose level caps though, do what you want, and I do what I want

oh have gained about 190 levels on alts since coming back though (63 being the highest I have leveld an alt since coming back).

low level leveling is fun, fast, and exciting (getting new skills, better equiptment).

High level leveling is boring, slow, and not exciting (w00t, 10 more levels and 3 weeks til I can cast a new nano!)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I have a bugged refined right hand , well it sais chest but looks like a hand, it sais its empty but when pasted it has 3 clusters in it. Oh yes, 967 agility , title level 8 (or was it 7) , and 2200 treatment if I remember correctly;p

I know my doc wont be complete , unfortunately, at 200. But wouldn't want to do more missions either. Hunting ? perhaps.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Cool Level caps

I've seen level 300 ark's running about.
    If you check the ao database then u can find armor up to level 300 i believe.

This makes me think that the level cap will be 300.....although this is pre-guessing FC who seem to change game mechanics very rapidly and at a whim

I'm also guessing that quite a bit more 200+ items will begin to drop with NW on the way.....but the cap won't come off till shadowlands.....this guess comes from gaute saying in his article that lvl 300 towers won't be usable till shadowlands

If I recall, FunCom said that Shadowlands will bring post-level 200 char development. Players assumed that this meant the title cap would be raised. FunCom has since come out and said that the title cap will not be raised. But there will still be post-level 200 char development.

I recall they said something about profs being able to choose specializations. Maybe that's where the extra development will come from.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12