Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Beacon Warping people into Camelot

CZ: Exactly what will happen if we warp someone in since you pointed out we wouldnt be banned but notified it was a exploit by the GM/ARK who comes to visit in the 15-20 minutes it takes him to arrive.

You said that they would be in 'trouble'. Define "trouble" so I will know exactly what will happen.

"It's your fault if you do it now, and get into trouble though"
    "Few exploits get you banned / suspended straight away, and this is not one of them. Duping, and spreading exploits, is generally what gets you banned. "

Since you won't get banned or suspended exactly what will the Ark do to 15-20 minutes down the line? Undo the looting/dragon kill?
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Originally posted by Warlock

In that case FC MUST provide a definitive list or what is a bannable offence/exploit and it must be available in game since you cant guarantee player will visit the web site. Plus notifications should be given when said list is updated.
    What are you all nuts? Sorry, been reading too many posts today, and they ALL make me think of some other software company (a lot more popular).

Sure, everyone should know the laws. And you know what? If I have to read a list of 20000 articles on how to behave IN A GAME, f&&& count me out! I studied law already, people... it was enough. Get real!

And FC, about that beam nano... (and a lot more "exploits") Sorry guys, you're pushing things to the max. It starts feeling like you guys want me to:

1) Pay you to play the game
    2) Play the game as YOU want.
    3) Pay attention not to use certain items/nanos/what-nots in playfield 1, 2 and 5 under penalty of ban...

What's the point in me staying? I might (notice the MIGHT) consider playing the game as you want if you payed me...

Bah, i guess my post just seems out of place in this thread, and considered spam, and whatever. Just delete it if you see fit.

Originally posted by Elbo
    CZ: Exactly what will happen if we warp someone in since you pointed out we wouldnt be banned but notified it was a exploit by the GM/ARK who comes to visit in the 15-20 minutes it takes him to arrive.

You said that they would be in 'trouble'. Define "trouble" so I will know exactly what will happen.

"It's your fault if you do it now, and get into trouble though"
    "Few exploits get you banned / suspended straight away, and this is not one of them. Duping, and spreading exploits, is generally what gets you banned. "

Since you won't get banned or suspended exactly what will the Ark do to 15-20 minutes down the line? Undo the looting/dragon kill?

Well...thats just rubbish....no ARK/GM comes to tell you or warn you from my personal experience....you just get booted from game, and get the error when you try to login, and a simulaneous email explaining little.

if its "extreme" enough....you lose your char(s) that was "exploiting"

Originally posted by Shty

Well...thats just rubbish....no ARK/GM comes to tell you or warn you from my personal experience....you just get booted from game, and get the error when you try to login, and a simulaneous email explaining little.

if its "extreme" enough....you lose your char(s) that was "exploiting"
    With customer service being 'lower' now (everyone can see that note from funcom when they login). Exactly what will happen to me since it isnt a banning or suspendable offense? If I choose to warp in a dozen people from 'my side' into the dungeon in a back room and no one can see me do it. How exactly will I be reported? Will someone look at the logs over the next week or 4 for each raid on each of the 3 servers and write them a note saying 'bad bad person you shouldnt do that...well because you shouldnt'.

If I warp in these dozen people and people do see me doing it from the 'other side' and in exchange for doing this they include me in the roll for loot even if I logout or just go to a BS mission.
    Do I really expect a ARK/GM to arrive with there busy overloaded schedule to tell me that I've been bad and its been noted but have a nice day?
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Unhappy Not too promising

Well, ...
    Originally posted by Cz
    Max, it's a temporary solution, but the permanent one might be to block Beacon Warp for Camelot, so the effect will be the same.
    This is not 'entirely' the same. One bears the risk for the unaware to get a warning/ban, the other will be save for the user and avoid exploiting. I assume a system message 'Warping within Camelot is prohibited by the use of an unknown technology' (e.g.)in the latter case - which is still restricting me, but I do not risk a confrontation with the powers that rule.

See the difference?

Protect the weak, challenge the strong.

So long,

Max(imilian) - what am I leveling for? (homo nano, non PvP Engi - I have always bad luck while choosing the profession - sigh, started with a Pistol Adv ... what should I choose next ...? )
    100% curious

okay now this is the FUBAR part of this entire situation:

Omni ran a camelot raid tonight for GS1... and i decide to go. Anyway, myself and about 30-40 other omnis show up about an hour before the largest wave of clanners. So we get there an hour before and have control of the "Box Room." An hour or so passes and quite a few high level clanners start making their way into the 100% area, and of course they send down a low level clan spy to check us out (level 6 clan NT "Trixxxxie")... and of course the clanner runs down the the box room and see's a slayerdroid and insist that I "warped" all of my omni buddies in. so the low level clanner sends a /petition about it, and the high level clanners contact the omni's running the raid "Wildwal" and b|tches. of course i get questioned and hastled, and this pisses me off to no avail.

all of this happened with me showing up an HOUR before most of the clanners decided to mozy in, and i wasn't in a team for the entire time i was there... yet they see an engie and they scream WARP! i'm tired of this crap funcom, and i shouldn't have to put up with it. being an engie is tough enough at high levels without being accused of doing an exploit that shouldn't even be one, but because of your lousy programming it is! this type of situation is the EXACT reason banning beacon warp is a bad idea... because now anytime an engie steps foot in camelot he has to be ready to defend him/herself from greedy loot mongrels who have nothing better to do then b|tch about what they can't get.
    Last edited by Svpernaut; Nov 1st, 2002 at 03:50:39.

sure glad im not an eng...
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

Re: Not too promising

Originally posted by Maximilian
    what am I leveling for? (homo nano, non PvP Engi - I have always bad luck while choosing the profession - sigh, started with a Pistol Adv ... what should I choose next ...? )
    NT?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Nugget
    sure glad im not an eng...
    We are engineers without bots Nugget.. Engineers without bots..

not entirely true... engs can buff their MA skill by 300 and their pistol by 120. Best we can get on a single buff is +60
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

And every engineer has TMS.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Cz

And none of my Engis have been to Camelot at all yet.
    /me likes Cz for playing engi

Anyway, I personally think that blocking the ability to use beacon warp inside camelot (so you simply can't cast), would be the best.

I think though that a better solution would be to allow beacon warp untill the playfield had reached a certain amount of people in it. Then the ability to cast or just transfer a person would be locked.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

How about limitng this dungeon to vll 150+ players like you did it in 14.6 with newbie dungeon (which is only below lvl 25) and limitng it to 30 people from each side so we dont get people coming 4 hours before spawn puting bunch of afkers in 100% faeling box with greys and sitng there hopeing that toher side will just lag out crash or not able to get in?

Ok good solution on making lagalot into campalot.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Vergil
    Agreed, Hermy.

That's why many of us have asked for faction limits, instead of player limits.

A limit of say 50 Omni ,50 Clan, 50 Neutral (example numbers) would be a good solution.

No faction gets blocked, and provided that beacon gets disabled when the PF faction limit is met, then engies get to beacon dead allies back in, up to the limit of the faction.
    After reading every post on 5 pages, this is quite possible the best idea posted under this topic.

If I remember the AO story correctly, Lord Gahlad created Camalot/Tara as a sort of proving grounds for the Clans (and since the gas is at 25%, presumably vs. Omni's)

In theory I think Camelot is actually a great idea. In live server pratice, it fails miserbaly. The winner is determined by who can get the most people into Camelot first. Now in RL, that is the way things should be. But in AO, that just ruins the fun (for the side that doesn't get players there first anyway)

So side limits are great. Same number of Clanners and Omni's get in, for even numbers. Beacon Warps work until you hit the cap for your side. If Omni or Clan want to up their chances of winning, hire some neuts to fight for them and stick them behind the box room (or something) Most neuts will go along and help a side for a chance in the Tara loot raffle.

(So clanners, if you want me to fight for you, you need to offer a chance in the raffle and something that will make me turn agnist my Omni friends.)

The other problem that could be addressed is the NODROP loot. Usually when Tara goes down, there is still fighting going on. If your sides Tara holder dies in the fight, so be it. More power to the other side.

Anyway, my understanding is that the Agents Repressor becomes a NODROP item after it's in the posession of an Agent. OR maybe it was Unique...something like that. Maybe I'm totally wrong and confused.

Anyway, if the NODROP profession specific items could be looted by someone not of that profession, and then become nodrops in the hands of that profession, that might help. Then again you open the doors for ninjas grabbing an EoT and putting it on to RK Exchange or E-bay. And ninja looting professions.

I didn't say it was a 100% good idea, but it's an idea.

The side limits are a great idea though.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Svpernaut
    Cz, you contradicted yourself there bud... i said "it's not our fault" and you said "never said it was." yet your next sentence you said "It's your fault if you do it now..." so intern you are seeing it as OUR FAULT for using a nano that we use every day!
    Not at all. You said that it was not your fault that Camelot lags, and that we (Funcom) didn't do it differently to begin with. I never said that those things were your fault, did I?

However, it is you own fault if you know it's not allowed, but still do it, thus getting yourself into trouble.

I don't see any contradiction there.

Btw, I'm not sure why people seem to believe this is a rule due to lag. It's not. The dungeon has a character limit. People exceed it. We don't like that. The limit is not set due to lag. Hence, no lag issues involved, as far as I know.

Elbo, I didn't say you would be in trouble. I said you can't blame us if you get in trouble by breaking a rule deliberately.

What happens is up to the GMs to decide. I'll ask them to be nice. My guess would be that you get a warning like "That is not allowed. Please don't do it again. And I'm moving your friend out again." If you do it again, a 24 hour suspension might be in order. But, again, it's not my area. I'm just guessing.

Cz, you need to set up a page with these guidelines. Searching the forums just to be up-to-date on the rules cannot be enforced. It really can't. If you had a page with stuff like this listed, it could.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I'll bring it to Customer Service, Caol.

Glad to hear it. Something I've wanted for a long time. I hope you can convince the to speed up the GS / GS-blocking issue also.

GM warpings still happen and last time I talked to Bacchante about it (some 4 moths + ago) she said there were internal discussion about it.

Would love to see an official stance on the issue, but best of all, a fix on the whole GS issue (even tho that might take some time).

Thnx, Cz.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

New rules should be posted in loginscreen for alteast 1-2 weeks so everyone know when they log in.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Not only that. There -should- be a page wth guidelines like this.

Change is done, new rule posted on login for 2 weeks. New engineer starts to play. 3 months later he warps people in camelot. He didn't know, but gets a warning. - Could be avoided alltogether saving him from pissing off people and taking up GM time.

Anyways, this would save time for the CS ppl. How many times have you not witnessed a discussion where 20 people are ranting at eachother with an ARK in the middle saying "Sorry, we have no official stance on this issue, so I cannot do anything."

Get the page going, and make some decissions!
    Pfft!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast