Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Beacon Warping people into Camelot

they are going to put it into to every place on rubika, where there is so many people that multiple playfields has to made.... untill they find another way to keep people from entering that exact playfield when it is full... i think its fair, cause if both sides started warping like mads, we would have like 200 in 1 playfield... just try and imagine... its pretty darn serius with 60... what i dont like is the nerf for an engi

Originally posted by Ylisar
    coldstrike ever heard of a thing called TMS, hp, evades dmg?? if you honestly think sol is a eng without pet you are probably the most gimped and retarded lvl 200 ever
    Ok, really. Why does people always go around assuming that soldiers got better evades than themself? I end up discussing this toping at least once a week.

Soldiers cap their evades at 659 (solitus), just like pretty much everyone except fixers and MAs. Yes, we got a +55 evade buff, but even NTs and MPs have higher than this. Most people PvP with outside buffed RI or GSF anyway. On top of this we got (as the only profession in the game) a -40 evade debuff on one of our key buffs, so we have *less* evades than anyone else, including engineers.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Sjoko
    So my suggestion would be, create a dungeon for each guild and those who aren't guilded won't get in. Simple as that.
    Sjoko, what about those that without guild? Sorry to say but your idea is stupid as hell. Do you realize wth you are saying?

Dude, there are people who don't want to be in a guild eventhough they want to play with other and make friends or simply just want to play the game without any obligation. Here you come along and request obligation for those that don't want them...

I say screw it

Leave tara camelot (tara) the way it is...

Or turn it into damm quests for each individual to obtain the items.

Or make it so that only 50 or so of each side can enter the dungeon.

Just don't turn it into a damm guild dungeon... cause that is the lamest idea i ever heard...

Originally posted by Cybersurfian
    Sjoko, what about those that without guild? Sorry to say but your idea is stupid as hell. Do you realize wth you are saying?

Dude, there are people who don't want to be in a guild eventhough they want to play with other and make friends or simply just want to play the game without any obligation. Here you come along and request obligation for those that don't want them...
    How hard is it to get into a decent guild ? Not hard at all. At least I've never had any problems with getting into guilds. And take a look at the loot, it's not that great is it ?

I say screw it

Leave tara camelot (tara) the way it is...

Or turn it into damm quests for each individual to obtain the items.

Or make it so that only 50 or so of each side can enter the dungeon.

Just don't turn it into a damm guild dungeon... cause that is the lamest idea i ever heard...
    It might be the lamest idea you've heard, I don't care, I think the system as of now is lamer.

In other rpgs dragons are smart characters. Some of them are evil and some of them are good. However in rpgs you only kill the dragon if you get attacked.

In camelot the dragon is dumb, we don't even know why we kill it or how it came across the loot. We go there to kill people, kill some other guys and a dragon.

Giving the dragon some rpg elements and have a guild work together against a goal is one way of actually giving the dragon a story.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Re: DUH

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Satansfx
    [B]Ok, here is my point:

-Stop the team of NT's inside of cam, since they just spam kel's and that deals enough dmg from the box room to the hall ways in each direction *exploit*

HOw the hell is that exploit we have to have line of sight to nuke....TOO FUNNY....not my fault you run from a NT when he starts casting and drag the AOE damage all the way back to your teammates. I cant cast on myself and nuke you thru the wall. Grow a brain before you put your fingers to the keyboard. Abid Pomy and a bunch of high level clan know....Target and debuff at the least any NT they see....if not top of the list to kill otherwise your rushs can and will fail with AOE nukes going off.

That aint an exploit its a tactic one that OMNI nT are using....and currently there seems to be more active OMni Nts in camelot nuking you guys to death.

THe filling of a PLay area to the exculsion of ther competing faction is wrong its abusing the system. And as CZ said this is a temp measure till they do a work around....which will probably mean faction limit and no beacon warping after faction limit has been reached.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Ok, really. Why does people always go around assuming that soldiers got better evades than themself? I end up discussing this toping at least once a week.

Soldiers cap their evades at 659 (solitus), just like pretty much everyone except fixers and MAs. Yes, we got a +55 evade buff, but even NTs and MPs have higher than this. Most people PvP with outside buffed RI or GSF anyway. On top of this we got (as the only profession in the game) a -40 evade debuff on one of our key buffs, so we have *less* evades than anyone else, including engineers.
    first of all no1 forces you to use that buff and there are negative effects on many buffs out there. I can also tell u that engy's evades cap at 588. Solitus sol cap hp at 4356, engy at 3166. If we are to argue about dmg I can tell you that the best slayer has about 600 attack rating.

Lets say a little lvl 200 eng face a lvl 200 sol here in pvp. The pet won't hit because of it's attack rating, that is if it ever reach the sol. Now what happens is the sol throws of an alpha at the eng, if the eng survives this the sol throws up his TMS and what can this little eng do now? absolutely nothing else than run.

Now in this other scenario we have an eng teaming and we have this sol also teaming. Now this eng over here is very good at pet pathing and his slayer reaches the targets when they have 50% hp left. Now because of that we want the slayer to actually be hiting the targets with his attack rating this is a ql 190 mission without rm's and ace's. The pet gets a total of about 3 hits if lucky which each does about 750 dmg, this isn't bad, the pet dmg is actually very nice. However in the mean time the sol has done 5 attacks doing avg 750 dmg crits included. The sol has also provided the team with usefull buffs while the eng had none.

Now we look at another scenario which is solo missions, here the eng wins easy but you will now have to ask your self why is this eng doing this solo mission? 1 reason could be he didn't get a team (which very often happens) so here he is killing mobs giving 60kxp/mob (which is very good indeed), but what you have to remember is that it takes 3-4 mins to beat 1 mob while a team of 6 could take out 5 mobs (maybe even more) in that time and get 40kxp/mob.

Now we look at tradeskills. The eng wins with ease, with his ~700 in almost all tradeskills while the sol have to settle with ~650. The eng can buff his chem and pharma (which btw caps at 650) with +62, no self only buffs here.

Now in this other scenario the eng and sol are fighting this unique mob (choose whatever unique you want where a pet would be usefull tanking). This pet that the eng has runs to the mob and start hiting. After a while he gets a hit and the unique aggro's it. Now the rest of the team start firing but wtf is happening? The bot has made a total of 1 hit in this 30 secs that has elapsed and what happens is he totaly looses aggro, unique kills of the whole team with eng included. In this other case we have the sol tanking. He starts of with an alpha to get the aggro and when the unique starts firing on him he fires of his TMS. The team keeps firing along with the sol which due to his dmg can keep the aggro and stays alive for a total of 1 min and 20 sec (this is where the TMS runs out).

Now this eng does btw STILL at lvl 200 need to find a mp to be able to cast his slayer while the sol only needs to be self buffed.

I can't really see how you find your sol being an eng without pet. To furter prove my point there's 6445 sols and 4801 engys out there and 78 of those sols played all the way to lvl 190+ and 12 of those engys made it above 190.

The point I'm trying to prove here is not that engys are totaly worthless the point is some ppl (there are engys as well) seems to tell their selves every day "my prof is worthless and crapy and FC just stinks" and finally they actually can't see anything else.

Originally posted by Sjoko
    In camelot the dragon is dumb, we don't even know why we kill it or how it came across the loot. We go there to kill people, kill some other guys and a dragon.

Giving the dragon some rpg elements and have a guild work together against a goal is one way of actually giving the dragon a story.
    He's there because some crazy zetaillionaire (his name escapes me at the moment, it's in the timeline somewhere) got knocked on the head and decided he needed to build the current city of Camelot and the castle (including Tarasque) as a big friggin deadly amusement park. I think there was something about making sure the Clans (he's a Clanner) could train to be ready for war with OT, too.

So it's there because some guy went nuts, and Tarasque is stupid because he was genetically created and modified by a human.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    People are stupid. People assume that as an atrox I can dispense essenses with ease. People seem to assume that we as fixers are now agents, and can wrangle or give you any other buff you need.

Idiocy is equal-opportunity, it doesn't strike only one class.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Sweet.

I am so happy Funcom has taken this step. Warping people in is a deplorable tactic that ruins the fun for everyone. It's not an ideal long-term solution, but for now it's great. Thanks.

I do totally NOT agree

Since you all seem to love this patch I am ready to get flamed and told why I am wrong, but atleast I know then

Cz, it is a exploit. Now you tell me after my story why its an exploit.

Lets assume I got a 200 active ppl big guild *grins.. someday* and I tell them to go to tara all at a same time.

D1, D2, D3 and even D4 might spawn. I put engi's in D2, D3, D4 and my guildies are free to go again. But I got my engi's in the dungeons.
    To do this you need a shipload of arranging and great co-operation to make this work ( no crashing of servers and 200 ppl online ?! )

Other thing, I DONT take away the opertunity for others to do the same. I am just not helping them get in, on the work I did. *call me selfish, I don't care in this post*

So why again is this an exploit ? I don't see myself blocking out ppl, I just don't help them along the way.

And making the beaconwarp not work ?

Teammate 1: DOC DOWN .. DOC DOWN..
    engi 1 : Sry, can't warp him back. It would be an exploit.
    Teammates 1-4 : ARGH ... aahhhh.. dead..

Yes, this is probably already said, but I can't read 7 pages in 1 hour..
    Johndoo, can I have essence pls ?

Smile Camelot and the easiest, simplest and best solution to the whole problem

I've read most of this post and think that so far from what I've seen here pretty much everyone, including CZ is missing the whole point!

Camelots problem and the reason for the ban on warping someone in is for one reason and one reason only LLLLAAAAAGGGGG.

Now hate to point this out to you CZ and funcom as a whole, but since I started playing the game 10 months or so ago lag overall everywhere has got much, much worse!

Since 14.6 lagg has got to stupid levels pretty much whereever you are.

So instead of singling out one class, why don't funcom actulally make some attempt to fix the game lagg overall???

The supposed fix that was introduced a few days ago has made no difference to the lagg issue whatsoever and if you try to tell me otherwise FC then your talking complete bull!

I'm using a PC with a fast 1ghz plus processor, 512 mb PC133 Ram, 64mb high speed graphics card, UDMA100 hard drive and a cable modem as my connection, so please tell em why I have lag???

I have lag, mainly because of all the supposed fixes and nerfs introduced into the game!

I'm no computer programmer, but even i know, that the more processes and lines of code that you have running in the background, the more lagg it will create!

I don't know what the solution to the problem is, but I do know that it probably involves investment! investment of programmers time, investment in better servers, connectivity and bandwidth.

So instead of spending all this time trying to introduce the patches and extra add ons, why don't you actuall try to fix the most broken aspect of the game???

If havig to many players logged into the same game area creates too much lag, then you need to address the problem in some way, other than by threatening engie's with banning or whatever it is that you want to?

Now I play a lvl 125 engie, I've never been to camelot, mainly because i don't see the point and knew nothing about this "gentlemans" agreement.

So are you telling me, that i will feel the repercusions of using one of my nano formula's, just simply because I played the game as my class and didn't know about this stupid agreement????

So as has been posted elsewhere I'm going to make a suggestion FC, if you want to make camelot less laggy then give people less reason to go there!!!!!

Take a lot of the things that drop only off tarasque and puty them on a different mob!

Take all those super special items and make them all, without exception no drop uniques!!!!

The only reason that so many people are in camelot is because thet smell mucho cred!!!

So take the reason away! make them all no drop unique's, that way Tarasque won't get camped all the time by the same people, that already have stupid amounts of credit and are nothing but greedy!

I play this game for fun, and could quite happilt spend 2 hours or however long it takes killing tarasque if there was somthing that was worth it to me to get! not to sell, but that would actuallt improve my character.

make all dyna mob or special mob drop items no drop unique, you will then get some level of control back over the in game economy, make the game a lot more enjoyable for most players, solve some of the lag problems, how many more reasons doyou want?

So it is an exploit but still possible right? Will that be changed in 14.7?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

This is sick...

It's only happening because some people are getting mad over "uber" loot...

Count me out thanks...sheesh...

Just another hit on Engies to make them feel more worthless. I feel very sorry for you guys...it seems Funcom is totally ignoring you all together...
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Thumbs down

This is the most stupid ever aggreement I have seen. So now engineer cannot use one of their nano because some uber powergamers want Tarasque for them alone.

I have never been to tarasque either, but banning people for using their nanos with their toons is a bad step.

So there is an agreement for tarasque, hu?? Only the uber guilds can get there, that's it?

That's the beginning of the end. Soon, you won't be able to wearp anyone in a mission, in playfield or anywhere FC see fit (like any dungeon).

That's a lame solution to a real problems.

It is a very lame and pathetic solution.

I'm "told" I can go...but I've never been there and have nooooo idea where to go. And besides...all the people that go there are in big guilds and would get the raffle anyways. Most of the people that even get the non-no drop stuff are selling it the next day anyways...what's the point?

But that's not even the answer. I can live with that. People want to be greedy, that's okay by me. I won't go and I'm happy with that. But when Funcom slaps Engies with yet another "We hate you" message...it really hurts...because...who's NEXT on thier hate list???
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Originally posted by Nugget
    sure glad im not an eng...
    hehe me2 delited my eng weeks ago

FC strikes again

I agree with some of the ticked off engineers on this post. we all know they need help badly, the class isn't worth much besides crafting armors and such. why take away one of the things that make them useful? what was the whole damn point behind beacon warp? eh? to WARP your comrades to YOU. it seems another instance of this "not working as intended" Fc youa re really on some major B******t. now I understand what Cz said about warping into a maxed out dungeon, that is one thing, but he said this is considered an exploit no matter how many people are already inside...so if only 1 person is in there, and they get warped in, that is a bannable offense? (of course there is never just one person inside, I am speaking hypothetically)

That is one of the engis best, and only really useful nanos besides their actual bots..to take that away you may as well strip me of mochams, as I am sure one day FC will find a reason that it's "not working as intended" Get a life FC and leave the engis alone, they are only using a nano YOU gave them, if you didn't want it used in a dungeon you should have coded it in before giving it to them.
    Last edited by Lexusstreak; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 20:06:40.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

I warped 85 people into GS3 of Camelot last night... BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! I double-dog dare ya! I'll be doing it tomorrow and the day after that too, because I am an engineer and all shall fear my leet skillz! I'm such a freaking rebel, chicks dig the bad guy and now I have ladies all over me.

Question

How about internal cam warping though?

X is in 100% area, loads of 'bad guys' 9read clan ) between him and the good guys (read omni ) thus an omni engie warps him from the camelot 100% to the camelot box in SAME area, hmmmmmmmm
    Jeremiah 'Ramat' Carmichael. Luckiest NT alive because hes married to 'Meraise'
    Master Nano Programmer on call. Writter of 'Jeremiahs Comprehensive Nano-Technician Guide'
    Damon 'Screwz' Gabriel. Master QFT and CL specialist on call. 1250+ in QFT/CL , other tradeskills also.
    Member of Illuminati
    Originally posted by Cz
    WT*?! I take Friday off to play AO from Thursday to Monday morning, and Atlantean is down! Gaaaaah! FRUSTRATION CAPS! *bangs head on keyboard* {Edited by moderator: Watch it Cz!!} *bangs keyboard on monitor*

Sweet! I now consider Warping people into Camelot a Tradeskill! If you and your buddies want to pack a GS feel free to give me a /tell.

For a mere 1.5K per your level you too could get into a GS without any work at all. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the free ride!

YourLevelx1500=Sweet Transportation At An Affordable Price.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast