Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Beacon Warping people into Camelot

Well....

Originally posted by Elbo

With customer service being 'lower' now (everyone can see that note from funcom when they login). Exactly what will happen to me since it isnt a banning or suspendable offense? If I choose to warp in a dozen people from 'my side' into the dungeon in a back room and no one can see me do it. How exactly will I be reported? Will someone look at the logs over the next week or 4 for each raid on each of the 3 servers and write them a note saying 'bad bad person you shouldnt do that...well because you shouldnt'.

If I warp in these dozen people and people do see me doing it from the 'other side' and in exchange for doing this they include me in the roll for loot even if I logout or just go to a BS mission.
    Do I really expect a ARK/GM to arrive with there busy overloaded schedule to tell me that I've been bad and its been noted but have a nice day?
    .....based on personal experience Elbo....I reckon someone would have to report you....they sit on it a week or so.....THEN you eat it.

You know what? Just don't do it. That will save you, FC and a lot of players a lot of time. Since FC do take a stance here, I suspect they can say who warped who and where.

Since this issue has been around for a long long time I think the best way this should have been handled would have been to fix the issue in a patch and just put it into place instead of putting more time/pressure on the GM/ARK's telling engi's they can't do this else they will get a warning then perhaps suspension for 24 hours etc etc.

Why not just fix the problem funcom instead of laying down a new 'law' that can't be enforced or caught unless someone reports it. Do you think a GM/ARK is going to sit there every 18 hours watching the 3-4+ engi's that attends the slaying to see if they break the rules and thats just for each GS.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

As long as things are so organized both from clan and from omni, I've got serious problems understanding HOW there will be a big problem that the not informed engineer will be able to warp without someone telling them that it is not legal to do so inside the castle.

Just how many people will just stand there and watch the noob (ebayed) engineer warp people in during a raid? You'll have to be plain stupid (excuse the harsh expresion) to miss this little needed rule...

Originally posted by Cz

I have no belief that the question is serious.
    No Cz I was being very serious about that question when I asked it.

also I would like another answer if I may

Why where engineer bot shells made unique?

since that was just another nerf in the long string of them that has been handed down to us.

Have faith in FunCom. Have faith in Cz. I do. It's the new trend.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Svpernaut
    okay now this is the FUBAR part of this entire situation:

Omni ran a camelot raid tonight for GS1... and i decide to go. Anyway, myself and about 30-40 other omnis show up about an hour before the largest wave of clanners. So we get there an hour before and have control of the "Box Room." An hour or so passes and quite a few high level clanners start making their way into the 100% area, and of course they send down a low level clan spy to check us out (level 6 clan NT "Trixxxxie")... and of course the clanner runs down the the box room and see's a slayerdroid and insist that I "warped" all of my omni buddies in. so the low level clanner sends a /petition about it, and the high level clanners contact the omni's running the raid "Wildwal" and b|tches. of course i get questioned and hastled, and this pisses me off to no avail.

all of this happened with me showing up an HOUR before most of the clanners decided to mozy in, and i wasn't in a team for the entire time i was there... yet they see an engie and they scream WARP! i'm tired of this crap funcom, and i shouldn't have to put up with it. being an engie is tough enough at high levels without being accused of doing an exploit that shouldn't even be one, but because of your lousy programming it is! this type of situation is the EXACT reason banning beacon warp is a bad idea... because now anytime an engie steps foot in camelot he has to be ready to defend him/herself from greedy loot mongrels who have nothing better to do then b|tch about what they can't get.
    please notice Cz, these reasons stated above are WHY THIS IS A BAD IDEA! sure warping in camelot is bad, and i will follow those rules even though it's not the engie's fault that your company hasn't taken an initiative on this issue... but i shouldn't have to be harrased simply because i am an engineer in Camelot. I would like to see some kind of warning system also set for "False Claimers" who have no proof of the other side warping but /petition just for the "chance" that they might win their case. If not, then you will never see an engineer in Camelot again because of all the crap they have to put up with... fear of ban or harrasment is not something i agree to in the EULA. Please respond.

Originally posted by Nugget
    not entirely true... engs can buff their MA skill by 300 and their pistol by 120. Best we can get on a single buff is +60
    Yeah, that's right. We are engineers without bots, and with inferior attack rating.. That makes us even more pathetic.

do you have any idea just how hard it is to cast transference and extreme prejudice? transference isn't self castable until level 190! and extreme prejudice is just as hard to cast... in fact, it is the hardest buff to get ingame because of that.

do you have any idea just how hard it is to cast transference and extreme prejudice? transference isn't self castable until level 190! and extreme prejudice is just as hard to cast... in fact, it is the hardest buff to get ingame because of that.
    Well, at least you get the bot.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Well, at least you get the bot.
    lol, have you even tried playing an engie? i out aggro a bot 44 levels above me... bots are slow attackers, get lost constantly, and aren't worth the pain to keep em alive for most of the time. i have a soldier, and i know they are far from being gimped as much as engies.

btw, this is a topic about engie's most used nano being nerfed, so go b|tch about soldiers in the soldier forums.

That's semi true. If you're nanomage that's correct.

Solitus won't be able to selfcast it before tl 6 cap. That's with help from eggs + items. At least afaik.

Believe me I know engies have a hard time and that pet pathing stinks.

I believe the only reason for transference giving +300 to MA skill is because it's logical that it does. That buff makes up for having a blue skill in Martial arts. With FFOK engies could get higher attackrating than MAs but it'll be nerfed soon so they won't be able to do that. On the other hand MAs got UVC, better brawl skill and better dimache. They are able to use better MA attacks.

So engies aren't that uber even tho their buffs adds +300, it's more an adjustment.

Extreme predjudice is a nice nano, the problem for engies tho is that adventurers and us soldiers have gotten the best pistols. Ok they _have_ OT 12, but heh no specials and speed ... not worth using.

So actually we soldiers have nothing to be envious about the engie profession. The only nice thing would be to have the bot, but petpathing... bleh

Just to reply those combatants about that issue.

The other issue I've clearly said my meaning, seems like people prefer nerf before bugfixing. It's a shame, but the majority doesn't see that this 'fix' won't do a damned thing. There will still be a problem with disconnects, LDing etc. in the dungeon.

So my suggestion would be, create a dungeon for each guild and those who aren't guilded won't get in. Simple as that.

I must say, I don't see the fun in pvping in camelot anymore. LOS bug is annoying and lag is another factor.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

A lvl 200 adv won't be able to selfcast his FC love nanos unless seriously gimping his AC and implants. Soldiers and Enforcers feel the same in 14.6. And your whining because you CAN selfcast before lvl 200? Jeeeez...

Originally posted by Cz

Not at all. You said that it was not your fault that Camelot lags, and that we (Funcom) didn't do it differently to begin with. I never said that those things were your fault, did I?

However, it is you own fault if you know it's not allowed, but still do it, thus getting yourself into trouble.

I don't see any contradiction there.

Btw, I'm not sure why people seem to believe this is a rule due to lag. It's not. The dungeon has a character limit. People exceed it. We don't like that. The limit is not set due to lag. Hence, no lag issues involved, as far as I know.

Elbo, I didn't say you would be in trouble. I said you can't blame us if you get in trouble by breaking a rule deliberately.

What happens is up to the GMs to decide. I'll ask them to be nice. My guess would be that you get a warning like "That is not allowed. Please don't do it again. And I'm moving your friend out again." If you do it again, a 24 hour suspension might be in order. But, again, it's not my area. I'm just guessing.
    Then ban the ppl exceeding the limit. NOT the engi. We get the blame because we have the nano ffs!

Plasma - They wont delete the Engi prof, they will just gives us wheel chairs as start up items.

FC should rent that Wildwest movie with Will Smith. Take a look at Dr. Loveless, he's in a wheel chair, but his gadgets make him 20x more powerfull than my engi.....let me make big spider bots i can drive around!
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Originally posted by Snublefot
    A lvl 200 adv won't be able to selfcast his FC love nanos unless seriously gimping his AC and implants. Soldiers and Enforcers feel the same in 14.6. And your whining because you CAN selfcast before lvl 200? Jeeeez...
    And even tho you cant use your "love", you will own a engi anytime...transference doesnt make the engi uber...not even good
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Angry Re: Beacon Warping people into Camelot

Originally posted by Cz
    ... {EDIT: Adding new, corrected statement.}

Using Beacon Warp to transport people into Camelot is no longer allowed, and will be treated like an exploit.

{The below statement is thus invalid.}

Hence, using Beacon Warp to add more players into an already full indoor area is hereby considered an exploit.

{Edit ended.}

We are working on a solution to remove this problem, and will be back with more info on this when we have made a decision.

If you have any questions about this, please post them here, and I'll try answer it all in this thread.

Thank you. :)
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...... ,(
    tradeskillz ?

Talking

TURN THIS DUNGEON INTO A DAMM QUEST LIKE LOTS OF PLAYERS ASKED BEFORE...
    Take out the PVP from it... Clan and Omni suppose to kill each other over land not killing each other over a damm dragon so they can kill the dragon lol...
    This is too funny....

Talking

By the way....
    Instead of having one Tara now having 200 Taras so players don't have to wait or fight over them....

coldstrike ever heard of a thing called TMS, hp, evades dmg?? if you honestly think sol is a eng without pet you are probably the most gimped and retarded lvl 200 ever

The cap is due to overcrowding? This is large scale war (supposedly). Armies should be able to fight over areas of land (not just outdoors), no matter how small they are. War will inevitably involve a lot of people being in the same places at certain times. This is the case in AO anyway with no way to effectively neutralise large armies without a larger one, or to employ effective tactics... it's down to sheer numbers.
    Warping re-enforcements into the battlefield is one of the engineer's most (some argue only) useful abilities, leave us be!
    Where will it stop if this happens? When the next dungeon comes along with some uber loot and everyone flocks there, we'll be banned from warping there too?
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast