Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Static Dungeon Ettiquete

Above: Put yourself in Highjack's situation. Imagine you're playing in a static dungeon and then a bunch of people disrupt your enjoyment.. and believe me, anyone that comes in, pulls monsters and ends up training them WILL distrupt your enjoyment... and then them having say "hey I pay to play, so I can do what I want". It's simple, pure ETIQUETTE. It's the same in a game enviroment as it is in real life, because despite the fact "it's just a game"... there are REAL people playing it. I'm sure you guys didn't intend to ruin Highjack's fun, but not thinking, disrespecting others, and selfishness is what makes reality and real life a problem for most. If you disrupt a person immersed in entertainment such as a game like this, then you have to realize you are at fault, even if you didn't mean it. If you can't apologize, you're just proving what kind of person you are. I'm sorry, your reply just provoked a nerve.

Sepentura: I agree! Seperate dungeons for seperate groups, since no one seems to get along... and I think mayhem wouldn't cut the problem out I don't think... it'd stop leechers, but there will still be people who can't respect others at levels higher than yours... imagine how that would be like.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Re: Screw you

Originally posted by Above
    Offense intended, your a whiner. What makes you think you set the etiquette. Theres a million ways to play the game, why should anyone play 'your' way. I'm an adult not one of these children playing, and im offended that you think you have the right to tell others how they should play to 'your' Standards. You do represent a percentage of the players. but Nothing makes yours the RIGHT way. Example I was trying to blitz the TLR dungeon, after dying i went back in and a group had entered after I had died, then they accused me of training when 50 mobs followed me thru on blitzing and they were killed. Now I was there first, playing my way. Yet they were upset cause it interfered with 'There' Way of playing. You have a problem with the people go somewhere else, you ever start complaining and whining like that to me, and you'll be the on im petitioning about for Harassment. There is no dungeon etiquette, and dammed if you'd be the one in charge of defining it. So you want to take turns go play tic-tac-toe.
    lol, you twat.
    ive met people like you:-
    "im an adult i can do what i want"
    "if someone else gets hurt then that just means that i win, right?"

why dont you go stick your head into a blender you arrogant piece of smeg.

btw, do you have that attitude in RL? yes? do you have any friends? no, didnt think so. have a nice life.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I unfortunately trained the entire Steps of Madness dungeon on two people one day. It wasn't intentional, I just wanted to get out alive, but nevertheless it was wrong of me. I just wasn't thinking. I'll tell my story as a personal form of absolution.

THE STORY

I went to the Steps of Madness dungeon for the 1st time alone. There was a lvl 110 Enforcer in there with a lvl 7 NT I think. It was ridiculously obvious that some nodrop twinking was going on. I disapprove of that in the extreme, basicly feeling that if you aren't high enough to do it yourself or with other people your level, you shouldn't have it. The attitude of "I want it, so somebody should get it for me" really hits a nerve with me. I don't give a rat's a$$ what some moron newbie wants.

That being said, I didn't bother them in any way. The only thing I did was kind of coast though the dungeon as the Enforcer cleared it for the newbie. It was my first time and I just wanted to see the place. I would occassionally fight one of their adds, but made sure I never attacked anything they were currently hitting. I didn't want to KS them after all, only see what these mobs were like in this dungeon. I would have never guessed that the greys would be so phreaking tough. It was interesting to see that everything had tons of loot, even though it was pretty much all worthless (to me) 40ish armor, weapons, and implants.

At some points I would pass them by and go to the next room, and fight something, at which point they would also pass me by to go to the next room. Finally in the 3rd to last room I caught up to them fighting "Sanity's Edge" and a bunch of other stuff. I killed one of the adds, and then lost track of their fight while exploring the room. I turned around when I realized it was no longer their fight, but mine. The Sanity's Edge was at half-health and they were gone. I can only assume it killed them.

My pets fought the sanity's edge for nearly 10 minutes before killing it. The amount of HP it had was ridiculous. In the next room I attacked the Guardians of Thought, and started to lose. So I looked into the next room and there was Neleb on some kind of platform with lots of stuff around him. I thought to myself, "cool, I must have reached the end". The Guardians were wasting my pets though and coming for me.

At that point my EQ reflexes (two year player) took over. I ran. Now I had no way of knowing who might be in the Steps of Madness dungeon as I ran backwards, but it was clear except for those two people who I figured had died. I took a chance and with my 319 run speed (natural) I streaked through the dungeon. Since it was my first time there, I didn't realize everything had respawned behind me already. So once I made it a couple of rooms back I ran into all new mobs. Then I was faced with mobs in the room attacking me, and the Guardians chasing me. So to stay alive I ran into the next room, got attacked by more respawned stuff, and kept running. I realized I was screwed unless I could actually make it to the entrance, so I just kept going.

Well guess what. Two or three rooms from the entrance there was the 110 enforcer and his lvl 7 newbie. I shouted train as I ran by heading for the exit only a couple rooms away. I made it out safely, and within 15 seconds the 110 Enforcer had zoned out and was next to me. He never said a word. I went AFK and when I got back there was a tell from the lvl 7 newbie b*tching at me for killing him with my train.

CONCLUSION

I was probably a jerk to train the dungeon on them, even though I didn't actually know they were there. I suppose anyone could have been in one of the rooms behind me, so I was honestly not being very considerate. I just saw death incoming, and ran like I have countless times in another game. I got a newbie twink killed, and in all honesty I'm not sorry about that. He should not have been there, NO EXCEPTIONS. I am sorry though that I trained a dungeon when I shouldn't have if I had been thinking clearly about it.

I should have stood my ground in that room before Neleb, and died. This is AO after all, I had saved before going in, and I wouldn't have lost a thing. In some ways I think that whole mentality hasn't kicked in yet for many people. Was I inconsiderate? Yes. Was it on purpose? No. Draw whatever lessons and conclusions you feel are appropriate.
    Last edited by Captain_Obvious; Jan 22nd, 2002 at 02:25:26.

Originally posted by Iceman109
    no no hes right , put em in mayhem, keep the low lvl smart ass idiots out

gets rid of the you dont 0wnz the place d00d
    and the i 0wn j00... yeah proove it now..

anyways
    looks like ice wants be a griefer!

he musta got owned one to manny times.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

This is a dumb-ass problem...

When a guy enters the dungeon, he goes into a separate dungeon dimension. Same stuff, and he gotz all the mobzzzz for himself. If a teamguy enters the dungeon, the team members can enter, and land in the same "dimension" as the other team members..

C'Mon FunCom, how hard is it to code this? It really shows how stupid you are, not to implementi this the time you implemented static dungeons..

"But .. I wana t0 d0 it with tw00h theams, y00.. orelse it's t00 diffic00lt!!" you say..

I say, "Find a fr3kkin' dungeon that swuuuiits y3r lvl, yuo!"
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12