Thread: Why are people more concered with 1vs1 PvP than team PvP?

Why are people more concered with 1vs1 PvP than team PvP?

It would seem to me that the only kind of PvP in AO that can be balanced without gimping/overpowering PvM is team PvP.

Why do people try for 1 on 1 balance?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I totally agree. Trying to balance the classes for PvP is impossible and a waste. PvP in an RPG is just about impossible anyway for this reason.

If you have two teams that are composed of essentially the same player classes, it is likely that the battle will be balanced. However, it just isn't going to happen very often. People keep saying that PvP in AO is broken, I submit that it cannot be fixed by the very fact that it is an RPG game. Different levels, different twinks. It isn't possible to balance such a system.

The only way to get purely balanced PvP in a game is to play something like Quake or UT where you have the exact same characters, the exact same weapons and the exact same power ups available. Of course, that would make a boring RPG. Who wants to play a role playing game where everyone has to be an Enforcer, and there is only one level?

If you want to play PvP in AO, then by all means go ahead, but don't whine that it is unbalanced. It cannot be balanced.

Titles.

Ruined PvP for AO and a result seriously degraded the PvM experience and the fun factor of AO as a whole.

That's it. End of story.

Simple fix: Rather than getting titles for kills when not teamed, you only get titles for teamed kills.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

mass/team pvp is 100% more fun then 1 vs1 but its 100% more 1vs1 pvp then team/mass pvp =/
    w00p w00p!!

Yeah

Sounds like a good idea to me ^
    Famousduck - 220/22 Soldier
    Mechaduck - 220/8 Engineer
    Dubiousduck - 185/2 Doctor
    Oomstamp - 74/7 Twink Soldier
    Johnelway - 49/5 Twink Soldier

Its 100x easier to get a 1vs1 pvp going on then a mass pvp.

Too many people only show up if Side A has superior numbers. Too many title huggers.

Team PVP is to rare, cept maybe lagg-alot, maybe when the booster is released we'll see more team oriented pvp...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Team PVP is to rare, cept maybe lagg-alot, maybe when the booster is released we'll see more team oriented pvp...
    I wouldn't call it rare. I usually get into a fairly large 2h0 skirmish every day or two.

And doesn't lag me down unless there is 60+ people.

Wrong

I was dueling with Abid yesterday for like 4 hours and that was the funniest 4 hours i had since 12.5 or SAbulum ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

I care for 1 vs 1 because it has to do with balance between the professions to do.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

PvP broke AO. So many nerf/balances really killed PvM.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

think funcom stated somewhere that every class should have an strong edge over 2 other classes... Crats over Engies... Traders over NT's and so on, think this balance has been twisted though...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Why? Because simply, there is not alot of team PvP going. There are several reasons to why there is not. Server stability, titles etc. Anyways, 1vs1 balance is a good thing to have.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!
    Anyways, 1vs1 balance is a good thing to have.
    not if it has serious impact on pvm (to the bad).

Originally posted by tallistro

not if it has serious impact on pvm (to the bad).
    What is the problem with PvM? Mob's are so sickeningly dumb in this game I haven't died in solo or team missions in months.

Hell, the fact that I rarely even have to calm anymore should show that pvm shouldn't be THAT much of an issue.

Hopefully the mobs casting pets will make this game a little more damn difficult.

the problem is sipmle

in mass pvp when it occurs and u are one of these gimped chars

guess what

you are targeted first, and killed first so when you are in a mass pvp war the best thing to do is get 2 soldiers to alpha the same person who is weeak and that person is garunteed dead do that a few times and next thing you know the oppsing team in down 5 - 6 people

and its not cause of skill its cause those classes are so weak, while running around in mass pvp you cant kill anyone except for mostly luck and u get killed easily

those people who pose the question like you do are either 1 of 2 things

1) Not pvping
    2) not one of the gikped classes
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.