Thread: Is it even reasonable to be neutral when the Booster arrives?

Question Is it even reasonable to be neutral when the Booster arrives?

The Booster is all about PvP. Noone can deny that. And since neutral people are... well neutral I don't suppose they can build towers and claim land? That would not be neutral.

In a real war there's almost always one of the parts saying: If You are not with us, You are against us. That goes double for AO since Boss Ross already stated that neutrals are under Omni rule. And now that the Tir accord has fallen, Omni probably won't even acknowledge people's right to be clan. Story wise, is it reasonable to think that it's possible to be neutral in that world?
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

YEs they can build towers and own land for the neutral side. Neuts get the same advantages as clanners or omnis
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Ok fair enough.

But when they are attacking og being attacked by the other factions, that can hardly be called neutral

They are called Neutrals, not push-overs.

Of course they'll defend their personal property.
    (At least I hope they can.. of course they could always pay the opposing faction to help them out.
    If a clanner sees some omnis attacking a neut tower, guess which one he will support. The same applies if clanners raid a neut tower when a group of omnis is around.)
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    If a clanner sees some omnis attacking a neut tower, guess which one he will support. The same applies if clanners raid a neut tower when a group of omnis is around.
    Yep, and when they are done "defending" the Neutrals towers they will attack and destroy it themselves. I can understand the Neutrals who are concerned about this.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

DOH!

I think I forgot something here. Neutrals (if I remember correct) can't initiate a PvP attack themselves. They have to be attacked by others. If that is also the case with the towers they can of course be neutral. Because then they will only be defending themselves.

But what happens when every little spot on the planet is occupied with Omni/Clan towers. How will they ever be able to build anything???

Why did I even ask this question in the first place? Even though I'm a peaceloving man, I would never claim neutrality. Ghump will always be a company man

Originally posted by Ghump
    DOH!

I think I forgot something here. Neutrals (if I remember correct) can't initiate a PvP attack themselves. They have to be attacked by others. If that is also the case with the towers they can of course be neutral. Because then they will only be defending themselves.

But what happens when every little spot on the planet is occupied with Omni/Clan towers. How will they ever be able to build anything???

Why did I even ask this question in the first place? Even though I'm a peaceloving man, I would never claim neutrality. Ghump will always be a company man
    Neutrals CAN initiate PvP in 0% gas.

I'm guessing that using a shield disabler to initiate an attack on towers (as all factions have to do) will, if you are neutral, drop the area's gas to 0% so you can initiate attacks.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.