Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Top Gun" Tournament

"Top Gun" Tournament

Was thinking about setting up an organized tournament for the best of each profession then carrying over to a "Top Gun" tournament. What i came up with so far would be this:

-Hold a tournament for profession vs people of same profession (would be 1v1 self-buffed).

-Winners of however many professions there are would advance to a round robin.

-Every prof would fight every other prof and the best record would be the best overall/ Champion. If there are ties we will deal with that in tiebreaker matches.

This is just an idea i've had to ****e up the game. Comments and improvements are welcome as feedback so i can improve it.

Edit: Changed format to make the round robin conclude with the winner instead of 1-death elim format to give everyone a chance at everyone else and really be best overall.

Also, Nenous is helping me out with this and putting up a page, check out www.tekcrab.com
    Last edited by Patk9; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 05:47:48.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Would only the initial rounds be self buffed, or did you plan to run the whole thing as a self buffed tournament?

Would have to consider side.

Most clan soldiers that are as skilled as thier omni counterpart, would own them cause of sleaves :P

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    Would have to consider side.

Most clan soldiers that are as skilled as thier omni counterpart, would own them cause of sleaves :P

~sky
    And most omni <some profession> would own their clan counterparts because of the OT rings.

soldiers was jsut an example

215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Suggestion: Do it by saturday before i must go!
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Fixer vs Fixer = Eternity
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

?

Originally posted by Coldstrike

And most omni <some profession> would own their clan counterparts because of the OT rings.
    Definately not soldiers =P
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Btw Patk9

I like this idea!

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Good

Very nice idea pat, i like it.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

nice idea but Dock vs dock and Fixer vs Fixer........
    w00p w00p!!

I'd like to see it.

I'd get destroyed if I entered, but I'd be interested in watching.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Very nice idea, but the self buffed thing is very difficult to enforce.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Every single Doc fights I had went faster then any other fights lol...

IDEA: Please give us time to do our matchs.. Every single events are always at bad times for me thats why I'm never there (HELLO Saturday night is BAD)... Give us like a few day's to schedual matchs between ourselves once the brackets are made...

buffs

looked over a question about would whole tourny be self buffed. I would have to hope so to see how 'true' professions work, i mean fighting a Trader with RRF is like fighting a soldier cept you hit for a lot less and heal for a lot less. I would hope to make it all self buffed but like garz said that would be hard to enforce. Maybe by making buffs mutual to cancel out, for example if 1 has RRF, the other has it or none at all.

This tournament would span over a long time if needed just have to make sure an 'official' is present at the match to get the results back to me.

To johiyat: looks like you have to renew account to come and play
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

I like this idea Pat. Sign me up.

Btw, I'm also thinking of arranging high-stake duels where both players involved put up in the excess of 100+ mil (or items i.e. dragon, etc) -- and the money goes to the player that wins 2 out of 3. Not sure who will have the guts or the creds to try and it could possibly start bad blood between players but seeing 2 players that hate eachother's guts do this could be interesting Anyway, just a thought.

EDIT: Where the hell do you think you're going Joh..Omnis aren't done with you yet

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 30th, 2002 at 21:56:06.

Theres a few fights between professions I cant wait to see get done.

Adventurers : Patk9 vs Mazine..
    Enforcer : I cant wait to know who will come on top here..
    Doctor: Ill probably find out who will be the guys I have to take out once I'm 200.
    MA: So many of them out there... Will be fun following those!
    Soldiers: Those ill want to watch for sure..
    NT: Will Gun prove us hes the top NT :P

All professions will be cool to watch EXCEPT for fixers :-| Thats the only profession I dont really like to watch dueling, not much strategy. Its only who gets lucky with what hit... (IMO)

I hope theres ALOT of participants..

heh true, fixer fight will be quite long. But doc fight will be even longer since the damage is lower. You should make it no HE/crunch for doc and no HoTs for fixers. Not sure if that would work.

/me Raise flame sheild for saying no HE/crunch for doc!

Originally posted by Insida
    heh true, fixer fight will be quite long. But doc fight will be even longer since the damage is lower. You should make it no HE/crunch for doc and no HoTs for fixers. Not sure if that would work.

/me Raise flame sheild for saying no HE/crunch for doc!
    If it's self-buffed, it's self-buffed.

But if we're doing matching outside buffs... ooh, scary. HE, Crunch, and RRFE on two people who almost immediately init debuff each other, do lousy damage to start with, and have complete heal.

Wowzah.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast