Thread: I don't want to play this game YOUR way.

I don't want to play this game YOUR way.

I've gotten my MP slowly up to a fairly high level and I see soon the time coming where there is nothing for this character to look forward to while the martial artist half of the population continues to go up (That's not a swipe at martial artists, but a swipe at what has been done to many of the other professions that there are so many more MAs).

I sent an email to feedback about not wanting to be a high level xp leech - Mocham's dispenser in a 6 person team. I for one prefer just 2 or 3 person teams with a couple friends rather than meeting unknown ninja looters and griefers.

The response made me hit the cancel button minutes later. MPs "have high level content" (I guess level 110 is "high level") and no profession is meant to solo, we're all supposed to HAVE to find 6 person teams. Solo missions are just their so you have something to do when you can't find a 6-person team. This from a person who I've come to think of as one of the more helpful ones in support.

I started this game almost precisely one year ago, I created my current main char a year ago last december. In that year NOTHING of note has been done for his profession.

I lost the interest in my fixer because what used to be unique has now become an "Ubergank" clone to a quarter of the other players. I play my advents just fine, but I prefer to play these characters with just one or two close friends/guildies and don't like it when they feel forced to get 6 people to accomplish anything significant at all.

I also had a miserable teaming experience today with a friend because of one of these specia "6 man teams". The team consisted of 2 of us wanting to play as a team, 1 xp leech, 1 ninja looter, and 2 running off without the team aggroing everything on the level without a care.

I asked these people why they got a team mission if they didn't want to play as a team? The answer was team missions are the only good way of getting xp & loot. The worst part is that they're right, and this setup is screwing over the rest of us who want to have fun with friends in a team.

Anyways I've noticed the new MMORPGs are advertising solo, team, and org play instead of just one. They're also emphasing complete skill developments systems where your character develops continously. In other words everyone else is trying to be what AO had the promise and vision to originally be. Only sadly enough AO is losing its way.

I'll continue playing for a while, but my 3-month subscription is canceled until someone at Funcom can give me some good news worth playing for.

(and if you're a player and this message upsets you, don't bother responding)
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Re: I don't want to play this game YOUR way.

Originally posted by Sallust
    (and if you're a player and this message upsets you, don't bother responding)
    I posted this on a forum because I wanted to taunt you all with my superiority. My reasoning cannot possibly be flawed, therefore do not bother to dispute it.

Anyway, I'm not really upset. You're an MP who's pissed off because he thinks his prof sucks. *shrug*

I posted this on the forum so that someone at funcom other than the support person who ticked me off so much would read it.

I don't care what players say or even if they read it. Preferably this thread would be printed out by community and then deleted or locked. Don't need any engineers whining about "Our pet pathing neeeeeeds fixed worse, so fix ours and not theirs". Whaa.

Go play and enjoy that you've got something coming in the booster.

In another month I'll have done everything there is to do with the MP profession after taking my dear old time about it. There are no plans for anything that have EVER been mentioned so it will be time to move on if something, anything is don't to add to the profession.

So can a moderator lock this please? I know notices like this always attract the worst trolls on the board when you don't even need to bother reading them.

umm i have a quesion not trying to troll too much but why did you post this then want the mods to close it. Its makes no sense.

Anyways heres my opinion. MPs have just as much high level content as every other prof out there. The difference in MPs like traders have instant access to their high level content and don't go around having to beg for buff like other profs (particulairily engies) thus the easy access to their high level content makes it so that they don't appretiate not having to go beg for buffs to cast that nano finally. And this has brought this new funcom stupid idea of level requirements on nanos so that haha now there is high level content because you can't use it til you get high level.
    Last edited by Intrepid; Oct 30th, 2002 at 06:02:10.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

lvl 96 crat, check date registered

Funcom is adding content for masses of players, such as team missions holding 6 people per mission; but hunting sites take a huge area. However, hunting is improving and nice, new content is being added.

Funcom simply doesn't have the manpower, resources, or even simple organisation skills to improve all the proffesions equally and at a good rate, but AO does improve overall.

I'll make it easy on everyone

I think I'll delete my original post and close the thread myself after a day or two.

I posted this as I said because I want the funcom community rep to have a chance to see it, a chance to rebuttal it etc. Call it a closed letter, but I also thought some others might find the info of interest. Problem is if anyone posts an "I've had it" thread it automatically gets a list of people flaming them for no point.

MPs don't have high level content, but that is a discussion currently ongoing for the last half year in the MP forum. My problem is that I'm supposed to keep playing my MP for no other reason than to give you your buffs basicly according to the email I got.

Boss camps were implemented and then set aside. Patches are simply not occuring, neither is any kind of real communication with the player base.

I remember a year ago before there were team missions I used to play a NT as my main and outdoor hunting was what a lot of people loved to do. I'd be doing it still, but pulling was nerfed, many of the mobs play areas are thoroughly messed up, and the placement of the new boss mobs in bad areas has thoroughly messed it up. I can't pull a mission in Belial forest anymore hardly (which forces me to go to Broken Shores again for good exp!) because of boss camps with dark red minions sitting on mission entrances. They've started this great pattern of coming up with good ideas and then cutting them off halfway. Start profession patches then get part way and put it off for boss camps, get part way and put it off for the expansion pack, get part way and put if off for the booster.

Is this improvement? To me the last true improvement was way back months ago when the last profession patch was released. AO has many great visions in it, but the lack of follow-through and balance (something for everyone, instead of a lot for a few) is going to kill it in the long run I'm afraid.

Which is sad because so far none have had the grand scheme that this one originally started with and ... put off for something else.

Coming from a fellow MP, I have to aggree with you. Sure we get mochams and can cast much higher QL nanos before everyone else, but has anyone looked at the QL of our highest demon. It's QL 189, so we are stuck with a QL 189 demon till we're level 200, AND I've heard, but I don't know this for sure, the cocodemon's attack rating is only 600. To top it off it hits slow and doesn't crit for all that much. Of course people say, "Oh you have nukes" Oh you have a gun too". Yeah well every single weapon skill is dark blue so my attack rating is going to be more like my demon's and my highest nuke gets instant aggro , and often hits for minimum damage. Sometimes I have to wonder if my nuke resembles more of a mongo. Don't get me started on the mez pet, it's like suicide even trying to use it with the lag damage. Oh and did I mention pet pathing?
    Bettiepaige level 202 MP
    Sexxynurse level 59 Engineer
    www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
    My armor setup