Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important Addition Idea for Booster

Shubalubdub, I dont mean to be offensive, but did you get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Cool

Thank you again, Dominata, for the support that shhoobop was obviously too immature to provide :>

Originally posted by Dominata
    Instead of being the usual pompous prick that you usually are, maybe you could actually help out for once and point out the cons, eh?
    Just this once cause you asked so nicely.

1. Spam. If you've got a semi-high volume of chat on your channel the bot is going to get spam-blocked. The only workaround I can think of would require having multiple logins to the chatserver, and that wouldn't be fun to do.
    2. Not your guild. You can talk to another guild, visit their forums, but when all is said and done it's *not your guild*. If some bot like this was set up between my guild and another it would be like looking in someone's bedroom, and they're looking back...not very good.

In the end, you want Funcom to implement a framework for something that can easily be done yourself.
    1. Decide in your guild whether to merge (there *is* a voting system if you don't have forums.
    2. Decide when your two guilds will merge.
    3. Merge.

Now, as previously suggested you can even make this a big event, with inductions and such...a good way to meet your new guildmates. Anyone who can't make it, well grab them when they come online.

A couple difficulties with simply having a merge infrastructure:
    1. Rank structure. Not every org system has the same number of ranks. Both orgs would have to have the same org system to merge. AFAIK when you change org types all ranks get reset to base, and then to re-promote you have to see everyone anyway...
    2. Backend implementation. It's definitely possible that something like this would be difficult for FC to implement as far as the guild database goes. I can't claim to know how it works, but it's always a possibility.

Originally posted by Lilnymph:
    Shubalubdub, I dont mean to be offensive, but did you get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?

hugs

lilnymph
    My bed is against the wall. There's only one side I can use.

This thread right here hit directly on one of my pet peeves: someone asking for something that is not only frivolous (Open Heads 'n' Tails, anyone?), but is actually not going to help anyone. Not knocking FC, but the chances of something like this working off the bat are about 1 in a hojillion, and do you really want your org screwed up? Lose the bank, get stuck in a leaderless guild? I'd much prefer to make a new one, thank you very much.

Originally posted by duuude007
    Thank you again, Dominata, for the support that shhoobop was obviously too immature to provide :>

Cool

Thanks for the advice, and might i add : why not turn the bed around? :P

Dear Shubalubdub.

Thank you for taking time to type out your long and coherent clarification to your comment about chatbots that suck. Very well versed and spoken, it made a lot of sense.

Please keep in mind that not all of are as knowledgeable and wise in the ways of the internet as yourself and may need a little friendly nudge in the right direction to find a solution to the problems they might be experiencing. I find that a little kindness and a helping hand goes a long way in making people feel more secure and confident so that they are able to solve their dilemma themselves without putting an unnessecary strain on FC's already considerable workload.

Your's truly,
    the now much more friendly...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

I do keep it in mind, I'm just an immature *******.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    I do keep it in mind, I'm just an immature *******.
    Yes. We all know that, but it's nice of you to acknowledge it.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12