Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important Addition Idea for Booster

Cool Important Addition Idea for Booster

Since the idea for Clans IS to unite against opression, couldnt there be a simple way to truly do this? there are hundreds of clans, many with almost identical ideals, but the process it takes for the 2 to become one is INSANELY difficult, without losing the people who aren't daily players.

My suggestion is the option for a clan leader to have /org unite [other clan name] as an invitation command. if accepted via a vote or something, there would be a new clan, under a new name, with the same people in their old leadership positions, the leaders could be CO-Presidents or leader based on experience, the bank funds pooled, leaderships (i.e. generals and squad commanders) could be adjusted based on needs, and all the underlingmembers still intact under a new banner, a more powerful clan. If the idea of unity is part of the Clanners' base plot, this should be a very important addition to AO. Please FC, please strongly consider this as an addition to guild structuring, because it could prove madly useful.
    Last edited by duuude006; Oct 30th, 2002 at 00:28:10.

You can do guild mergers already. You just, you know, merge.

hmmm....

But if anyone who isnt a frequent (but a regular) member, they find themselves without a guild. Im talking about after a vote, AN ENTIRE guild can instantly merge, with 100% of its members, with another clan, hence a true alliance. Mere "merging" guilds like you say is not only painstaking, but you lose A LOT of your numbers if the majority of the clan isnt online 24/7.

Make sure everyone knows two weeks in advance or something. You want FC to spend a relatively large amount of time coding an automated system to do something you're too lazy to do yourself.

ok that was a bit below the belt. I could just as easily return that remark. There simply is no system to prevent the risk of losing guild members in an effort to strengthen the clan's numbers in unity.

It would be better if they implemented alliances.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Re: hmmm....

Originally posted by duuude007
    But if anyone who isnt a frequent (but a regular) member, they find themselves without a guild. Im talking about after a vote, AN ENTIRE guild can instantly merge, with 100% of its members, with another clan, hence a true alliance. Mere "merging" guilds like you say is not only painstaking, but you lose A LOT of your numbers if the majority of the clan isnt online 24/7.
    If not every single member of your faction votes for the merger you will still loose members, since not all will want to join in the merger. It is painstaking to merge factions but why not make it a ceremony where every member have to resign his old faction and then rejoin the new in front of all the others? This way you could even make it into an event and maybe get in the news.
    Or would that be too much like work or even too much like, god forbid, true RP?
    Dominata
    Member of THM

That is a good point.

The real issue I see here is, often there is a large %, often a majority of members who either are not online more than once every week or 2, and dont have the opportunity to participate in a voting situation like this, but when they are on THEY ARE AN ASSET... thinking of this, has FC considered a set of private forum system offline players could chat with their fellow guild?

... thinking of this, has FC considered a set of private forum system offline players could chat with their fellow guild?
    If you are in a faction that is even halfway serious you should already have your own forums set up. There are several free options out there and it does not take a brainsurgeon to figure them out.
    Wouldn't it give you more of an identity to manage your own forums instead of being handheld by FC?
    Dominata
    Member of THM

ok, it was a simple question, I still am fairly new to the MMORPG world and dont know al thi ins and outs... I would, however, apprecciate a point in the right direction: where could i find these tools?

ok that was a bit below the belt. I could just as easily return that remark. There simply is no system to prevent the risk of losing guild members in an effort to strengthen the clan's numbers in unity.
    I'd like to know how you'd return that remark. I've got no idea how.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Make sure everyone knows two weeks in advance or something. You want FC to spend a relatively large amount of time coding an automated system to do something you're too lazy to do yourself.

You want paying customers to spend a relatively large amount of time arranging meetings with several dozens of people while being online 24/7 to make sure it happens since FC is too lazy to build a simple workaround around the idea.

There, i turned it around...happy?

Duuude007.
    Go here and take a look at what they offer...http://www.phpbb.com/.

The Honored Maidens are using ezboard, which can be found here...http://www.ezboard.com/.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Cool

Thank you, Dominata, that was very generous of you.

Thank you, Dominata, that was very generous of you.
    *smiles* My pleasure. I can be a mean ***** but far be it from me to withold info that I have at my fingertips just because I can.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

You want paying customers to spend a relatively large amount of time arranging meetings with several dozens of people while being online 24/7 to make sure it happens since FC is too lazy to build a simple workaround around the idea.

There, i turned it around...happy?
    You're actually proposing quite a complex idea. Any guild worth a **** can get the word out to its members and have them all ready for a merger. You want FC to implement a system that's essentially intended to compensate for your laziness.

You can split a guild somewhat cleanly with the help of a chat bot.

Why not just set one up in the chat client so it can copy-and-paste messages into tells or the org. chat?

Cool

OK, now THAT is polite, sraightforward, and useful advice, which I will probably implement, compared to the mostly useless and annoying antics of this shubub character... thanks

Well, if you're too lazy to set up forums, then maybe a merger could be difficult. But then we come back to laziness, don't we?

There's at least two reasons why a chatbot would suck. Figured them out yet?

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    There's at least two reasons why a chatbot would suck. Figured them out yet?
    Instead of being the usual pompous prick that you usually are, maybe you could actually help out for once and point out the cons, eh?
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast