Thread: 2 weeks powerplaying a Engineer util L60. thats what i think.

2 weeks powerplaying a Engineer util L60. thats what i think.

Hello,

1st sorry for my bad english, i am german.
    i have been playing 10 to 15 hours per day during christmas and New year. I have a L60 engineer and some L10 chars.
    I am playing EQ since 3 years and DAOC since Beta, i was burned out from those 2 games so i decided to buy AO. I must say my friends all warned me and told me this game is a big BUG. i ignored them and bought it since 30 euro isnt to much and 1 month free is also ok.

Well after 20 mins playing the game crashed the first time. no problem. Tried it again. been playing 2 hours then grafics become slower. i found a file called Clientr.exe which was blown up to 180 megs. Windows 2000 Task manager btw.

I restarted the game and it went smooth until this CLIENTR.exe had grown to 130 megs then the same crap started again. In between i had some Freezes, Had to reboot the PC with Power button. I have never seen a programm und Windows 2000 causing this.

Ok after 1 week i got used to this. I rebooted and restarted the game all time and managed to get my engineer to L35.

Yea i tried reeinstalling, driver exchange etc. etc. etc.. i tried cacheman this CLIENTR.EXE problem still existed. could not solve it yet.

So here is what happend after L35.

I started to do missions with my engineer. I was wondering sometimes about the pets pathing outdoors. i told the pet to attack something in front of me and the pet went 200 feet behind me to make a cirlce and come back. I just wonder which super brain from the Funcom developers has done this programming. Its terrible...

So now to the missions.

All i can say i had the worst time controling my Robot through the missions, I had to call GMs to free my pet 4 times a day because my pet got stuck in walls objects and what else...
    The pet never finds the way to you or an Enemy. Its running against walls attacking the enemies through the walls. I often had to zone out because i had no idea where my pet is. Well between missions the game freezed a few time so that my with masteries made pet was destroyed and i had to make a regular far to low pet for my mission (medium mission).

One day i found a mission for a NanoCluster Called Patchy Repairs, i couldnt believe my eyes ! A PET HEAL ! that was what i really needed. I did the hard mission and got the Nano Cluster.
    I went into a mission and tried to heal my pet and it was not working. Well Funcom you just killed all my fun with that and the time i lost in the previous mission for the heal nano.

A friend told me there exists Heal TRIMMERs for robot pets. WOW ! i got a mission for this QL41 Trimmer and guess what.....

THE TRIMMER WASNT WORKING IN MISSIONS.

so i had Heals and trimmers i could no use. i got always the same message

"its not possible to use this item"

I called GM and Guides , I petitioned like crazy, i never got a true answer from one of those guys.

Well its my own fault i wasnt listening to my friends who were telling me no to buy this game. Now i love the game but all the bugs make me sick.

I lost all fun to do missions and its hard to fin outdoor areas for L60 in which i can hunt permanent without waiting forever for the respawns.

A GM told me Pet Pathing is on high Priority also Trimmers and Heals for Pets are. Well. in my opinion this must have worked since day one after beta and not several month later.

The only moment that compensated alot was when i got a Yalmaha in a hard mission. Which i had really earned after all those problems. Without this Yalmaha i would be playing any longer anyways...

MY HOPE IS.

FUNCOM your game is very good and i love it. i am not the type of person that starts 10 classes. i concentrate on one class after trying some low levels. My class is ENGINEER and i feel like a half class only.

REPAIR

PET PATHING in missions and outdoors

PET SIZE i know you can reduce the zsize if the pet box so it gets through small doors and other things better.

PET SUMMON is needed for missions only, not for PvP so i can summon my pet to me whenever its lost due to stupid pathing reasons.

TRIMMERS make them work as they should in missions, after zoning and whenever they stop to work.

HEALS Fix them ASAP ! The stupid 25hp Heal from shop is working so why isnt my PET heal working ? i feel thats a nerf from you, if its so then tell it to us.

MY PET cannot attack Enemies which are in the water, the pet is to stupid. i have to pull out the enemy and hope the pet attacks it. Which makes me hitting PET ATTACK like 20 times.

Quality Levels of Nanos.. I buy a QL76 PET shell and all i get is a Level 67 pet ??? Listen FUNCOM. Make a QL76 SHELL and a LEVEL 76 PET ok ? this way its just eye candy and not fair to the player..

This all should long work since beta test, i wonder how many Beta testers you had... these are all open Bugs why are they still in the game ?

thank you and goodbye...... fix this all and i am happy.

to heal the pet with the trimmer
    A) make sure you have the needed skills to use it
    B) have pet targeted and right click the trimmer

now there is a problem that happens when you zone
    sometimes your pet loses alignment
    if you enter a 25% zone with pets alignment gone you will not be able to heal it while in a team.
    you will have to /pet terminate and create a new pet.

it sounds like you are not targeting your pet when you try to heal with nano or trimmer.

im 2 tools away from getting reconditioned parts gonna cost me about 1 mil
    patchy repairs has done great for me so far but at lvl 91 its time i got a new nano
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

There is a problem with bots not reponding to heals after a while in mission areas. Only sollution is to recast the bot.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

listen please

i am so pissed on from this game...

no i dont wanna remake a pet all time just because this developer team is incompetent. i am not stupid. if you are so silly and remake a pet all time just to heal it, then i just feel sorry for you.. i cant bleieve this really... i cant...

well stupid as i am i bought a TI200 card today, and guess what..

the freaking grafic lags are and memory leaks are still present. all other games run super perfect just not this trash code here...the best is i activated Anti Aliasing and the PC did a RESET !! LOL this sucks !!

i am off playing DaoC and EQ again, i cant play this junk game any longer, so i am following my friends and play a game that works..........

how can someone be so stupid and accept this FUNCOM service longer than 2 weeks ? have fun with this....... i am just laughing.

well goodbye .....

Question Reconditioned Parts is 1 mil?

Is reconditioned parts a mission only nano crystal? I'm just confused by the price you have said you will have to pay for reconditioned parts...

Yeshu-Level 89-Neutral-MP

May The Hand of Rubi-Ka be your guide...

sorry i meant a Shell...

so and now what happend this night.

i was tired and went to bed for a bit to take a little sleep.

i stayed online with my pet so that i can return and play without any pet trouble..

I woke up 4 hours later , the computer was freezed and i had to reset. what a trash.....

the computer started and i got the message that my System files are corrupted. all tries to repair windows 2000 failed it was completly destroyed.....

Funcom you are the greatest time kille on this planet, you beat VERANT and MYTHIC by far... not that i just bought a new grafics card for this game. no i had reeinstall the system 3 times before.. no i had to reeinstall my system at 4am night because your damn game destroyed my System files.....

really funcom i cant laugh anymore.. good i wrote to all german game magazines about your affiliation programm and ´warned all the german magazine readers to ever buy your game...... one magazie will print it. PC GAMES. i am so thankfull for it.

REPAIR this broken game..............

Well, one of your problems is that you are using Windows 2000. It wasn't designed with games in mind. It make one heck of a home network server, but I would never install a game on it. Half my games don't work well (or at all) on Windows 2000. That may be the cause of your crashing. If you want to use NT to play games, get Windows XP.

System files corrupted ? I think you're blaming your problem on the wrong program, AO should not be able to touch your system files.

to reality

you seem not to have any clue about PCs..

when your computer freezes and you have to do a reset, your Harddisk isnt in Park position and the data which should have been written to disk, is not finished, thats a very rare thing to happen but it can happen, and it happend to me.

Game freezed i had to reset.

as i said it can go well 100 or 1000 times but sometime it happens and you can install your system again.

dont answer here when u got no clue please , thats helping no one,

WINDOWS 2000

all my Games EQ, DAOC alot 3d shooters, strategy games.. everything works perfect... i mean everything...

Me and my german friends have all kind of OS´s from 98se to Millenium over W2k , we all have the same problems, its boring to hear that all the crap could be caused by W2k ) forget it.....

This game is a BUG and nothing else proven by 100reds a players and those few people who have no problems should be happy and shut up on this board, Yup those happy people should enjoy the game instead trying to flame those who have big problems.... GO PLAY IF YOUR GAME WORKS AND SHUT UP you few guys are alone soon anyways, then funcom will turn off the servers, then you maybe believe that alot peopla had problems..... until then SHUT THE HECK...
    Last edited by Starboat; Jan 8th, 2002 at 11:43:07.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part about Win2000 freezing. Being told too many times that Win2000 is stable I guess...

If it does lock up, you may have a driver problem. An application should NEVER be able to lock up the system (when it's not called 'Win98' anyway), but driver problems may cause this. Especially some nVidia drivers are famous for this (most of them being leaked beta's and all).

By the way, since you're reinstalling so often, you will probably like this handy little program : www.ghost.com

Just to let you know

AO has never caused either one of my machines to freeze.
    I play (alot!) on two machines, running ME and XP.

So there could be other reasons........

Yeah he's probably running ICQ and Messenger and WARFTP and Morpheus and LimeWire and Compaq Internet Helper and RealPlayer agent and Winamp agent and Outlook and he's probably on a dialup.

Eh, having a dialup makes your programs rewrite themselves? Didn't know that.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Axyrn, nobody has flamed in this thread but you (and now me), calm down and take your ritalin....

Angry system crashes

I have win ME and AO freezes my system all the time...sometimes it even reboots by itself!

on the other hand...my nvidia driver is a beta for win ME....i will check to see if they have a newer version and report back if the crashes stop

Why W2K (and WinXP) Files Keep Getting Larger

Both W2K and WinXP have a system service called the "Indexer" The Indexer is but one of many nasty Windows services in these two OS's that can bog your system down ... there are more.

The Indexer does the same thing that "FastFind" does; it indexes all NEW files by location and by content. "FastFind" is a tool that gets activated whenever you install a MS Office package. It lets you find files by what is in them, or who created them, or ???.

Since the Indexer gets installed by default, you need to stop this service before playing any games. And you should stop the scheduler service, and the maintenance service, and a bunch more services too. They are not required for playing AO; therefore, they should not be active.

Check the W2K Tweak sites for more info. I think http://www.anandtech.com has a link to a MS KB article about which services to stop to maximize performance for benchmarking and other gamer tweaks.

I think clientr.exe is getting the blame for something the Indexer (or another W2K service) is doing to your system.

As for WinME, I cannot say whether the Indexer exists in that OS, or not, because I refuse to use that piece of trash. If you have ME, switch to W2K or WinXP ... either one is faster than ME when it comes to playing games (it's been proven more than once).

I play AO under W98SE (it's still the fastest Windows OS for playing games) and do not crash. Ever!
    That does not mean I have not crashed or burned, in the past.

Hope this helps ...
    Last edited by chynn; Jan 9th, 2002 at 01:39:42.
    Chynn
    Omni nano NT, Male, Level 200
    Council of Testers