Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

Question Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

Are there any plans in the near future to fix rebuffing the Fixer's NCU buff lines? As it stands now it's really annoying to have to get everyone on my team to stop and stand still for a minute, have them all kill any programs over their normal NCU limit, and kill the currently running NCU buff, then wait while I recast, and then rebuff all the stuff they had to shut down. The buff exists to add NCUs without adding hardware to your belt, but it's almost gimped because it dosen't rebuff properly. This is particularly true if you have a lot of high level buffs that you got from outside sources that you don't want to get rid of.

Is this planned to be fixed soon, hopefully in 14.6? Please, please fix this, it (aside from the dark blue nano lines) is one of the biggest problems I have as a fixer (and other fixers as well, I hope).

Though lightening one of the nano lines to medium/light blue wouldn't hurt either. :P

try rebuffing every 3 min. max. for a leaving. (wrangles, deprive, plunder, ac buffs. .............) now do it from lvl5-200. You have no idea what annoying is.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Yes but do those buffs require that you stop not only them, but also other programs before you recast? Are those team buffs that have to be cast several times because it's a rare thing that everyone on your team actually listens to you when you say 'do this before i cast it'?

I'm sure it's pretty annoying, and if those are bugged then they should be fixed as well, but if they aren't bugged and it's just annoying because of game mechanics, then...that sucks.

At least I've been told the fixer NCU buff is a bug, if it's not and shouldn't be this way someone let me know. If it is supposed to be that way, my biggest question is of course: why?

Re: Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

Originally posted by Shadecat
    Are there any plans in the near future to fix rebuffing the Fixer's NCU buff lines? As it stands now it's really annoying to have to get everyone on my team to stop and stand still for a minute,
    It makes sense to be done like that anyway. You need 1 Free NCU to run the NCU buff to begin with. Refreshing it would be impossible since the previous buff has to be terminated first. If you have more programs then your "real" NCU can handle, canceling your previous NCU buff would leave you with 0 NCU, and not enough for the new buff.

Arrow

Consider it a drawback rather than a bug. As Lucid says, refreshing kills the old copy before trying to start the new one... it may be annoying, but it sadly is logical.

Still, for such a useful buff its a small price to pay.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

They've said they're going to fix it. I want it fixed.

Make it take zero NCU if you have to, if that'll fix it, but FIX IT.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Try casting your NCU buff and just before your attack bar finishes, remove the old one
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Re: Re: Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

It makes sense to be done like that anyway. You need 1 Free NCU to run the NCU buff to begin with. Refreshing it would be impossible since the previous buff has to be terminated first. If you have more programs then your "real" NCU can handle, canceling your previous NCU buff would leave you with 0 NCU, and not enough for the new buff.
    sounds almost like it might be intended that way, but that is not how buffs work.

if your NCU buff wears off, and you now have lots of buffs the take more NCU than you normally have.. you can refresh any current buff you still have going as long as it is recast before it runs out.

...which is what i do rather than ask eveyryone to stop so i or somone can recast the NCU buff and then rebuff over.. refreshing existing buffs over the course of missions is a way around it.. althought the bug is dam annoying :\
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Re: Re: Re: Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

Originally posted by Luxferro
    if your NCU buff wears off, and you now have lots of buffs the take more NCU than you normally have.. you can refresh any current buff you still have going as long as it is recast before it runs out.
    That doesn't matter as well, because there is a check to see if you have free NCU but not if you have the buff existing already.

I always felt that it was by design, because it takes 1 NCU, and if your NCU is 350/300, then there is no 1 free NCU to begin with to refresh it.

Well of course it's by design, but you can't even refresh it if you have NCUs to spare.
    What other buffs are non-refreshable?

We are just pointing out that when you are in a team, doing complete rebuffs are a hazzle.
    And lag and client/server sync aint helping.

When I'm solo I have no trouble with recasting the NCU buff.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fixer NCU rebuffing bug

That doesn't matter as well, because there is a check to see if you have free NCU but not if you have the buff existing already.

I always felt that it was by design, because it takes 1 NCU, and if your NCU is 350/300, then there is no 1 free NCU to begin with to refresh it.
    They have SAID it was a bug.

Now, they need to fix it.

Enough said.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems alot of people are looking at it this way. However, if your NCU is 350/300 why are you able to refresh all other buffs and not the NCU. It is an bug. If everyone followed this line of thinking all buffs above your normal would end as soon as NCU ran out. Wouldn't that be great you loss all those buffs? I think it would be far easier and make much more sense to just allow the NCU to refresh.

If that were the case, then you shouyldnt be able to refresh the buffs you have running AFTER your ncu buff wears out.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

If this was the intent of Funcom, perhaps they should change all nanoprograms to function in the same manner. Somehow I don't see that happening...

At any rate, free NCU or not, the buff does NOT refresh ever. It is annoying having to recast this buff 3-8+ times per mission because Funcom couldn't foresee issues like this.

I agree, please fix this bug. The NCU buff line is so annoying right now that it's really too much of a hassle to use at all. In fact, I just upgraded my belt and NCUs so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Thumbs up Sorry, but it doesn't make sense.

Bump.

EVERYONE wants this. Who gives a rats *** about the mechanics of it, its annoying as hell, especially when combined with the "I am no longer in your list of programs but I'm still running for another 2 minutes, so you can't manually cancel me" bug.

Fun >>> "Intended" for this one. Good thing FC agrees. I doubt they "intended" for fixers to be casting this over and over and over and over and over and over and over...or for us to be asking for it over and over and over and over and over...

Hell, while they're at it, make it last longer. NCU is a royal pain in the butt, and even though fixers are popular, they aren't everywhere. Either that or give us some higher ql NCUs and let me cast my comp lit buffs on people above a certain level. (title3/4/5 or so) Don't limit the level of traders casting it though, not unless we get 5/level comp lit too. Since they said no more skill color changes ever...

BTW, fixers basically get a "free" color upgrade with the Hud3 item. It doesn't save them any IP, but the amount it gives is almost the same as going up to the next bracket.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: Sorry, but it doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by Mercatura

BTW, fixers basically get a "free" color upgrade with the Hud3 item. It doesn't save them any IP, but the amount it gives is almost the same as going up to the next bracket.
    What Hud3 item? If you mean the NCU Hacker interface, that goes in Hud2, fyi, and I hardly think that qualifies as a free color upgrade. Yes it's a very useful item, but it takes far too long to go up significantly, and when you get 20 or 50k for a level and dump all the IPs into a nano line because it costs that much to do so, it certainly doesn't seem like it's much of a help. At least for me it seems that I do my character upgrading in spurts. If I can afford enough IPs to get high enough to use that new nano I'll dump them in, but otherwise I wait until I have them free and do them all at once, rather than incrementally.

This would be a lot less painful if the nano lines were cheaper. Besides, the NHI only gains 1 point to each of the lines about every 3-4 levels, so it doesn't really keep up with the nano lines as fast as it could. The max on it is only 61, which is definitely a good bonus for a (more or less) unused HUD slot, but is somewhat paltry at higher levels, IMO. But maybe I'm just pissy because I'd like to use the Bootleg items/ammo/weapons/armor nanos but can't because that would require putting well over 400 ip into a dark blue stat. It almost makes me glad I don't have GA so I don't have to think about dumping points into it, as I have yet to touch that one since creation of my character.

If you're referring to something other than the NCU Hacker Interface that actually does go into Hud3 please tell me about it and you'll be my new hero

Also, what is the point of having the NCU Buff not rebuff if it doesn't take out additional programs upon death. If they want to make it realistic or something then when it goes it should also take down programs that are pushing the NCUs above the current max.

That solution would probably result in members of the FC dev team being raked over hot coals, though, so the obvious solution is to make the NCU rebuff as normal rather than not. Personally I see it as a balance between realism and playability. Yes it would be more realistic to have it take out nanos and not be able to be rebuffed, but it's a nuisance really, and changing it is not going to radically alter the gameplay mechanics, it's just going to alleviate the headaches of most Fixers who are stuck in long team missions.

lmao, then it should be logical that it just checks to see if you have the NCU buff already also.... refresh. done.

anyways, it's getting fixed soon so it's a non-issue.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast