Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why do you go to Tara?

well it's both (although only the globe of clarity and gaily painted hood are really interesting me) but it's simply a nice change beside having to do those missions.
    the loot is a bonus which can happen, but i don't go to a raid thinking "this might be the day where i get xxx"
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

#2, if I wanted to PvP I'd go to 2ho.

Silly PvPers, Tara is for loot!

Secret Answer #3: I don't go to tara.

My life has been quite a bit less griefy since I stopped going. :P
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

#4 I like to pvp in massive lag.

Oh, and maybe one day, I'll get lucky and win one of those Adventurer and Gaily hood thingys.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

heh

#5 : i only go to kill afk ppl in the box room
    oh duh i can't now
    i'm clan hehe so i go afk in box room now
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Re: why do you go to Tara?

Originally posted by Tolbat
    why do u go to tara?
    1, to have fun and pvp
    2, for the uba loot, i dont giw a sheet if the PF is 100% from one side

my anser is NR : 1

whats yours?
    I go because I like hearing 20 different clanners cry out that I'm not lvl 150+ yet. (I'm 148, ewwww I'm a noob) Alot of times I have to stand there for literly 10 mins plus to get in chat. Thank you Javaschick and Cyanid3 for always being quick to let me in. Personally, I wish alot of clanners would go to h*ll. I have to remind people that I CLEARLY KNOW THE FRIG'N RULES! NO LOOT FOR ME! about 100 times. Yet I still go, and killed 4 omni this past week. I also find it funny you need to register just to F'n chat at tara. I also like not getting buff's when I ask for them hundreds of times. Apparently I'm invisible... errr. I like ponies, long walks in the park, Sundy afternoon picnics, beer 'n chips, and.... oh yeah... 20 different clanners crying out that I'm not 150+. What I dont like... I'm still trying to decide. There are alot of bastards in this world that are attempting to win that vote.

See you at tara! *the little undeserving noob you should ignore*

#1 mostly for there are no single soul at 2hO during tara raids. And Camelot is where its crowded and chaotic

#2 Thats what Tara is all about anyways so why not?
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Aren't we *in* camelot *because* it drops lewt?

Thought so.

It's fun, but we're all here for the same reason

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

why do u go to tara?
    1, to have fun and pvp

whats yours?
    3 - "three" - half ooga the other is bogga! split / on four and | is ten. kthnxbye
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

For all people going there it's just loot. Take Tarasque away and see if any clan/omni goes there anymore every 18h... see my point. I liked mass pvp when I was there but I was after loot. Most (if not all) of people would kill their grandma's to get gaily hood/dragon chest.

During the raids there is action for those actions lovers but I hardly no one will ever let any raffle go by... (well some people all ready have all loot they need from there)

why do u go to tara?
    1, to have fun and pvp

whats yours?

I am sorry.....You got this all wrong.....Let me fix your typos

why do u go to tara?
    1, to have fun and pvp, well....thats the excuse I use....I just want the loot.
    3, I dont go, but if I did....it would be for the loot.

There....thats better....and the only possible reasons you would go.

I went last night. I am 112 OT Soldier. I enjoyed it. I dont mind if I cant get any loot yet. More BS missions for me!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Letahs I think you hit it on the dot there. Yes the only reason is because people want ph@t l3wt. BUT my problem is some clanners make it extremely difficult for others to get in when all they want to do is assist in any way. Thank you Loster for helping Edgecusher (174 enf) in the raffle though he wasn't "registered". I know I have to be 150 to be eligible, but it still hasn't bothered me one bit and I still go. Consider it my goal atm is to assist someone else into getting it. Now I'm not trying to flood the PF, I'm not trying to sneak in, do nothing, and get loot. Alot times I go because there aren't enough clanners to give the omni a run for their money. If there were a way to easily let clanners join the chat, just not the raffle *cough* Synergy Factor (hint) *cough*, I think it would be much better. I have nothing but praise for SF for tarabot, Javaschick/Cyanid3 trying their tails off to lead, and most clanners efforts at tara (even omni you guys been roxxors recently). But there are those few that have been rude and ignore/beech about others being there. Thats the sour part. Loot = greed to some people.

See ya at tara! *trying to lvl so I can hit Letah for more than 200pts of brawl damage*

Most people do it for the loot. You can tell who they are when your side actually has to put up a fight and can only muster 28 people.

Why do I go to T?

Number one reason is to see Clan lose.

Number two reason is to know which Omni should be on my ignore list. Though I don't actually have to go to T to do that. Guess I can just join the chat and sit afk somewhere like so many of them do.

Off subject, but if I see one more Omni shouting for a team as I run through NLC on my way back to T, and these same people continue to enter raffles, I'm going to say **** it. Seeing clan lose isn't worth putting up with these *****es.

Originally posted by Zylina
    Most people do it for the loot. You can tell who they are when your side actually has to put up a fight and can only muster 28 people.

Why do I go to T?

Number one reason is to see Clan lose.

Number two reason is to know which Omni should be on my ignore list. Though I don't actually have to go to T to do that. Guess I can just join the chat and sit afk somewhere like so many of them do.

Off subject, but if I see one more Omni shouting for a team as I run through NLC on my way back to T, and these same people continue to enter raffles, I'm going to say **** it. Seeing clan lose isn't worth putting up with these *****es.

You know the more I hear you talk, the more I like you.

I'm a crat and (we're uber.. really) I may not be a critical member but I like to show support. Lewt is cool, but in reality there isn't anything I *need*/can't do without. So I go to boost morale, and smile at people, make the clanners I try to shoot at laugh at me.. be cute...

Heck if I've been there the whole time I'd enter that raffle for a Gaily painted hood... but honestly if you really wanted something a lot more then me I'd just give it you... because ... I'm a sucker :/

What was I talking about again?

Oh yeah I go to Tarasque cause all the cool people do, its totally peer pressure.. and Stomper's kinda cute I guess.. for an atrox..

Luv, Aly

*edited cause I spel so gud*
    Last edited by Alysanda; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 14:43:27.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Originally posted by Wren "Stongrel" Warren
    See ya at tara! *trying to lvl so I can hit Letah for more than 200pts of brawl damage*
    lol Ah well just get some friends and take me out Though most of the time you can find me in tar-room

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Zylina
    Jeez... I though you OT scum purposefully herded all the OT players you could find into the playfields 5 hours before the earliest spawned... My bad.

I guess you missed a few.

Also it seems each side is picking up the bad habits of the other... OT raffle while not attending raids, Clanners /quit and live (not me) just like old Gmuptor used to do...

uh #3

To see the dungeon just for fun, accidentally going down the stairs and thinking, why not, going further down, looking at the dungeon, alone, as a level 87 MP unbuffed without pets, promptly being killed by a level 180 clan MA

That pretty much sums up the ONE time I went to camelot.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Abid
    Cause after camelot, the rest of the game's lag seems so inconsequential in comparison.

Amen. Cannon Fodder Foo says hit Q, 3 minutes later, Target already dead.

or your at reclaim.

Tara is not an optimal spot for Omni PvP for the simple reason that it is fair (depending on who gets there first, and in what numbers). 2h0 is *not* fair being heavily weighted towards the omni faction, and hence Omni's tend to do their PvPing there. On a similar note, soldiers tend to do their pvping there too (Zoning is just tooo easy) so i am not critiquing Omnitek here.

I would imagine that this is partly why clanners seem to live for Tara spawns as the only fair medium for PvP, and thus it becomes unfair in their favor due to the numbers involved.

As to the original question I think we are bullsh*tting here. I go to Camelot for the Fun and the PvP. However, if i was not included in a fair raffle for the loot I would no longer go. Fun and loot go hand in hand. Since xp is often not a factor at high level, loot and fun are all that is left. Anyone claiming to be immune to the lure of loot most probably never made it past lvl 100 with their gimped up equipment hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast