Thread: We have to PAY for previews of the Notum wars???

We have to PAY for previews of the Notum wars???

Well I just read the reviews that FunCom decided to link to on their main page. One from IGN and one from GameSpot.

GameSpot has 2 videos and a preview, that you have to SUBSCRIBE to be able to access!! I already subscribe...to FUNCOM!

I can't believe this! Funcom is actually releasing videos to media sources that are going to charge the player base to watch!

This action makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever!

Coag
    So, it's sorta social, Demented and SAD, but social.
    (The Breakfast Club)
    Coagulator - General of the Professionals

Well I wanted to view those movies too, but you are complaining to the wrong people.
    Gamespot chose to only let their subscribers view those movies.

I'm not sure if they were made by FC or if Gamespot recorded them while doing the preview.
    If they were made by FC I'm sure they'll eventually be released elsewhere too.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Nah there has to be an agreement...

Kag,

I think in these days of Legal over-abundance, FunCom had to allow GameSpot to upload such videos of their product. So the ball comes back to Funcom.

I am just jazzed for the Notum Wars and hate being denied access to any previews, as a paying subscriber, I believe I should take precedence.

Coag
    So, it's sorta social, Demented and SAD, but social.
    (The Breakfast Club)
    Coagulator - General of the Professionals

Problem is, your not a paying subscriber of NW *yet*.

BTW, I'm of to gamespot now, thank you for the tip

And please remember, FC can't do anything for free, and reality is catching up with most of the "free for all" sites around the Net. For Funcom its probably free pomotion in exchange for a exclusive preview.

Re: Nah there has to be an agreement...

Originally posted by Coagulator
    Kag,

I think in these days of Legal over-abundance, FunCom had to allow GameSpot to upload such videos of their product. So the ball comes back to Funcom.

I am just jazzed for the Notum Wars and hate being denied access to any previews, as a paying subscriber, I believe I should take precedence.
    Yeah being a paying subscriber to Gamespot, not to Anarchy Online. Funcom has no relation to Gamespot.
    One of the videos is probably the one you find on the offical website. The other probably is what Gamespot recorded like it was said above

Edit: I see from the descriptions that 3 are ones recorded by Gamespot while the 4th is the one on the offical website
    I saw the thats free (at least for now) and it loos nice
    Last edited by Myers; Oct 30th, 2002 at 00:50:25.

*Cradles his IGN membership* Don't be a hater because some of us can pimp it.

if im not mistaken the videos at gamespot are not from the booster but from the game in general, so your not realy missing out on anything you cant grabb from this site (perhaps a few screenies of some towers that we all have seen in 650 different angles now)

Anyhow funcom grants the media, they (gamespot, ign and so on..) choose who gets what. I never liked game sites that has membership options, even if they are free.. hate to register evrywhere to read something that should be easy accessable.

where ever you surf these days people want you to register, cause they think you will visit them more frequent when your a member.
    they never stop to think thet people actually might comeback more frequent if info is easy at hands, instead of cumbersom registering.

And yes I DO click banners on sites I like, not to buy usualy but to give them that click they need to keep sponsors interested in them. but whenever there is membership involved I NEVER click banners even though its free.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom