Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me a reason to play

Give me a reason to play

Right now there's no reason to play Anarchy Online.
    There's no necessary quests, no goal, no frontier to be reached, no evil to surpass, no special hidden worlds or dungeons I must face.

There are some static dungeons but they'res nothing al lthat amazing about them.. as far as how it might help my character progress.

Level 170 and I think, what does my character need to do to progress on Rubi Ka?

And I draw a blank.

Oh well, good bye Anarchy Online, this is our final adieu.

I don't mean to be an a-hole or anything, but you ever heard of Roleplaying?

You might as well ask "Give me a reason to live".

Perhaps you're just tired of the game, you didn't plan on playing forever, did you?

hmm werent you feeling very good about AO from playing on the test server just a week ago?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I was, and roleplaying is something I can do anywhere. Its surely not enough to keep me in AO.

I want AO to have a purpose.. there should be a goal, a sense of progress. There is none.

The games I like and why:

Game i love: Great storyline. Feel close to the characters. A need and ability to progress. Sidequests you must do to progress. Chocobos, love storyline, romantic, music...

AO : No storyline. NO characters worth thinking about. NO ability to really progress. Sidquests mean nothing. No love no heart.

See the difference? The games I love touch the heart and mind, which makes you feel a part of that story!

AO cannot do that for me.

I think you'd be better off playing a single player RPG...
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Yea, I think you are right. Im playing Castle Wolfenstein single player and it's alot of fun

I dont normally go and say stuff like this, but I have seen you countless times going on about how your gonna quit on here, and theres no content and theres nothing for you to do, and how your friends arent enough to keep you playing.

So no offense but what Im getting at is, what took you so long?

Sorry to see you go, the forums wont be the same without your negativity

Jagdtyger

Oh yeah try Castle Wolf multi player, its alot more fun then the single IMHO.

Jagdtyger

OMG OMG OMG

CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF!

ROFLOL
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Just quit. Go play Evercrack or AC 2 beta. DAoC is fun for the first few months try that. Some new original content would be nice though. Maybe a static dungeon a patch would be cool. FC should really code in some of these suggestions from players.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    I dont normally go and say stuff like this, but I have seen you countless times going on about how your gonna quit on here, and theres no content and theres nothing for you to do, and how your friends arent enough to keep you playing.

So no offense but what Im getting at is, what took you so long?

Sorry to see you go, the forums wont be the same without your negativity

Jagdtyger

Ive been reading these boards for a while now and I can't think of anyone who has more positive posts then Emiko.

Hope to see ya in SWG

Dont get me wrong Emiko has had some great ideas on these boards, I was just pointing out that alot of them end with the same common theme.

Im quitting

Jagdtyger

Thanks Dirtie, what with so many SWG servers we will have to plan beforehand which server to meet up on

As for all my posts ending negatively, I say what I say because I love AO and wish it was more then what it is. It was my first MMO besides Diablo2, and I guess after playing games with intriguing storylines and romance and fun, I thought Ao would be the same.. basically AO is for when you got excess steam to burn off, so youjust do some teammissions and blast away for an hour or two.

But, its not for the serious gamer who expects more from a game.

So, Im not moaning just because I got lips and fingers.. I'm moaning, because although a part of me doesnt want to quit.. once I get on the planet and run around awhile, and it settles in again the lack of content, or storyline, etc.. I remember why I dont play AO even 1/10th as often as I used to.

Im glad you still enjoy AO so much, but if you check out alot of other MMO forums, Ive counted about 100 people who talk about their expereinces with Ao and sadly, it is lacking.

I say this, not because I hate AO and want it to fail, but because I love AO and want the dev team to give me what I want ^_^

hehehe

sigh........

have a nice night, halloween, Samhain, etc...

Emiko...i once came to the point where:
    I want AO to have a purpose.. there should be a goal, a sense of progress. There is none.
    i asked my guild leader, simply, what is the point? he didn't have much of an answer... i played this game all through the summer with a friend. whenever i asked him if he felt this game was pointless he would say, but thats the point of video/pc games, to waste time. he was content with powerleveling, so much that his main is level 102 and mine is 62, even though i started 1 week before him.

i keep wanting to hit the cancel button...but i like posting on the forums and occasionally logging in to get my fixer some new doodads. but thats it. so yes Emiko, most of us non-FC-fanboi's know that there is no content. they even screwed up tir by making the whompas further "to prevent crowding", which is the reason i like clan so much, no two cities, Tir is the center of it all, and in Tir there is FT and the Grid area. easy.

Emiko, i took a long break from this game (looong), but the feeling never goes away. try any of the new Final Fantasy games, play Chrono Trigger (BEZT RPG EVA). obviously you've outgrown the game. now both of us have to be the strong ones and know to press the cancel button if theres nothing more to gain.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Emiko

The games I like and why:

Game i love: Great storyline. Feel close to the characters. A need and ability to progress. Sidequests you must do to progress. Chocobos, love storyline, romantic, music...

You forgot moogles
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Single player games will ALWAYS have better storyline than MMOs, because they can focus on *you*.

If that's what you want, then I don't think you'll ever find it in an MMO, except maybe for something like EQ's ridiculous Legends service, where I understand you get a lot of GMs per customer.

Of course, you pay 4x as much per month for it.

Alternately, try NeverWinter Nights. It's a nice balance between MMO and storyline, and if you have a good GM, a ton of fun.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Alternately:

No. I won't give you a reason to play. I want you to stop posting, so I can move further up on the list of top posters.

#18 and climbing, baby!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I see ya point Emiko, having played Ultima Online for 5 years, and during that time having played Asherons Call, Diablo 2, and some others, tho I can tell you that you will run into the same thing no matter where you go. MMO's are always usually 40% Dev Team making story, and 60% player making their own. Diablo 2 being the worst out of all of them with content, story never changed, you got to the piont where all you did was kill Mephisto repeatedly to get uniques. Even SWG will run into that, one thing I have always found is that good Org leaders are the ones that truely make a game, with their events and other things they do for their members.

On the other hand if a MMO does storys daily and everyone attends then you will have the problem of not everyone being remotetly close to being able to get soemthing out of it.

Jagdtyger

nono, get Battlefield 1942 and play... mucho bettero!

Perhaps if I had started my guild 6 months ago, things would be different. unfortunately it takes a very long time to get a guild really moving, and I'm really just too bored of AO to put forth the effort.

Been here since launch, quit in 12.5 and came back in 13.5.

So, I've seen the entire show, and beleive me, there's GOT to be better out there. SWG couldnt possibly make a worse game but perhaps they can make a DIFFERENT game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast