Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alt management..

exactly, that's what I do.. atleast with my main, and my highest alt.. I have too many alts to make them all familymembers..

Originally posted by Bhaaz

A lot of RPers roleplay their alts as family members of their main, so I don't really see the RP conflict there.
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Arrow

/me waits for your credits to be renamed Personal bank and accessable on all your alts

/me waits for the "personal bank exploit"

likely followed by a post similar to "all account mass banks have been disabled due to an exploit. sorry but all credits have been disabled. we hope this doesnt provide you any problems"

of course the players follow ups.. "@#%^ I cant spend any @#%^ credits? how am i suposed to play"

There hasnt been any suport on transfering credits from the managment.. and if you give someone your grid armor disk and 100 mil and they run off with it... well you did give it to them...

I'm happy with the current method and dont feel like more bank nurffs

i fully agree create a univeral Bank Account for each characher created on the account with a slot to insert credits as well.

Role play value of hand downs?

I grew up in the unterraformed areas of rubi ka. My parents, and the parents of my friends were low level explorers, who would find a vein of notum, mine it, sell it to corrupt officials, and then get moved along if the vein proved profitable. Its not much of a life, but its freedom, and heaven to some.

One day in one of the crackdown on such behavior, the thugs came in and killed all the adults. They felt that the children were not a threat of mining, so they left us, telling us that the orphanage would be along in a while. The orphanage people never came.

For a year, the children of our outpost, whom we came to call sisters and brothers, lived off the supplies left. We buried our parents, tried our best to stay alive. None of us had ever seen the city before, so we didn't know to go there. One day a wild prospector came across our outpost, hoping to get some parts for his failing kodiak. He did not expect the outpost to be filled with 12 kids.

He took us to the orphange, little feral children were we by this point. We refused to be separated, refused to take classes at first. Over time the people at the orphanages softened us a bit, built our trust. and we took up arms to correct the wrongs done to our parents.

It is natural for me in my family to want to pass on the best of equipment to my sisters and brothers. It would not make sence for me not to want to pass things on. We prefer to live together, and to share everything, its what living in the wild taught us to do. If the powers that be would turn a kind eye on how my family wants to live, we would thank them. As it stands, with the difficulty of doing it, and the general scorn passed on the practice, we feel that our family is being prohibited against that which seems natural.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

"I never seem to see my son anymore.... I want you to give him this" *places object in trusted friend's hand*

Hence, the transfer was born...
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

anyone tried duping their apartment key and transferring it to an alt? then leaving items in the apt to share?

i've never even used my apt.
    can you leave stuff in them or will it disappear?

Originally posted by Metadbzman3
    if you want to seriously RP theres always Real Life.
    hmmm..

/me scratches head

Animosity:
    I loved that little story ... "little feral children were we by this point" ... indeed.

mindbaker:
    Apartment Keys cannot be duplicated with the Duplicator, unless they changed that since last I tried.
    Nor is the address written on them.
    In fact, right now Apartments have NO USE whatsoever.

Originally posted by Metadbzman3
    if you want to seriously RP theres always Real Life.
    LOL - That one goes on my list of golden Quotes.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Hmm. Much as it is a hassle, I prefer having to put _some_ effort into twinking an alt. Whether its finding a friend or guildmate, or taking a risk on someone you just met to mule over your stuff to your alt.

I feel you should have to 'pay' for trying to subvert the system. You want to twink up your alt? Fine, no rules against that. But people shouldn't expect Funcom to roll over and facilitate twinking. So you 'pay' for it through a few more minutes of time spent transferring gear back and forth.

Originally posted by Losobal
    Hmm. Much as it is a hassle, I prefer having to put _some_ effort into twinking an alt. Whether its finding a friend or guildmate, or taking a risk on someone you just met to mule over your stuff to your alt.

I feel you should have to 'pay' for trying to subvert the system. You want to twink up your alt? Fine, no rules against that. But people shouldn't expect Funcom to roll over and facilitate twinking. So you 'pay' for it through a few more minutes of time spent transferring gear back and forth.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12