Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought service tower was for solo

This may be the one thing that will finally make engineers desired and worthwhile to play. The best towers should only be buildable by us, after all that's what engineers do!

Then again if it's simply down to highest trade skills the traders will walk all over us.

/me walks off mumbling something under his breath about traders.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

What about getting back on topic. This looks like it's a question regarding 'PERSONAL' towers which is something I'm interested in as well. The devs said individuals would be able to place these towers as safe bases for for hunting outdoors. Hell, I'm level 170 and I still don't have the free IP to get my Mechanical Engineering up to 600 to make a tower 20 levels below me.

I don't see there being an issue with Engineers/Traders being able to make the best personal towers. But from the link above, they appear to be the ONLY ones who can use the personal towers. And that seems to be only if they gimp themselves by pumping IP into tradeskills at a level that most of them don't seem to be able to afford them.

How is this concern so off base?

Please tell me how a Martial Artist is to take advantage of the Service Tower feature of the Booster Pack if what we see is all there is? All we need is a simple statement from a Dev that there will be other personal towers that other professions will be able to use.

Remember that this is a beta test database that it was ripped from, and an early one. Not all the items and functions are going to be in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a range of personal tower choices with different skills to use depending on the functions they performed. But it would be nice if Cz could find out and post for us
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Yeah, I'm not getting to bent until and unless I see that the one personal tower in the db is the ONLY personal tower that will make it to release. I mean, there really ought to be a tower that requires CompLit and Pharmacy to erect and operate for example. It could be a healing tower. Another that requires Time & Space and MatterCrea. It could pulse out friendly roller rats or something.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Please tell me how a Martial Artist is to take advantage of the Service Tower feature of the Booster Pack if what we see is all there is? All we need is a simple statement from a Dev that there will be other personal towers that other professions will be able to use.
    MA's will not be able to use personal towers since it has been decided that they have more than enough new stuff to play with already. It has therefore been decided to give the other professions some stuff to use for a change.

/me ducks
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

woot there some great advertising

"Hey little guy come play are game you will suck and we favor the elite uber guild players but pay us some money so we can show you how to feel like a real smuck"

hey guys there maybe 1000 uber elite players in this game but you dont pay the bills and like always elite stupid attitides will drive this game into the dirt

Originally posted by keystone
    woot there some great advertising

"Hey little guy come play are game you will suck and we favor the elite uber guild players but pay us some money so we can show you how to feel like a real smuck"

hey guys there maybe 1000 uber elite players in this game but you dont pay the bills and like always elite stupid attitides will drive this game into the dirt
    Well, if you're a representative of the masses I can see why FC doesn't care.

I'm an advent with zero IPs to spare. I wonder if this expansion is geared towards the 150+ player with tons of extra IPs

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Well, if the articles and stuff are true, there's a limit to how many towers any one player/guild can place. The QL of the towers is limited by the PF. Presumably, the bigger guilds will go for the higher-level PFs, to get maximum benefit out of their towers. There's also a lot of real estate on Rubi-Ka.

My guesses:-

1) Lower-level playfields, lower-level players. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Given the more realistic PvP level-limiting at lower levels, this should be chaotic, but it could well be a fun free-for-all. Maybe.

2) Highest-level playfields. I see the bigger, higher-level guilds monopolizing the highest-level playfields. More organized war, in fact, they're going to need to be extremely organized to grab and hold their bit of turf.

3) Mid- to high-level playfields. While the really big guilds might monopolize and fight over the highest-level playfields, I'm unsure as to how much of the high-level stuff they'll be able to control without spreading themselves too thin. For more mid-sized guilds, with a range of players in them, there should be some good opportunities to fight over the mid-level playfields. Probably a few high-level ones too.

It should be interesting to see how this is all implemented.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Warlock

MA's will not be able to use personal towers since it has been decided that they have more than enough new stuff to play with already. It has therefore been decided to give the other professions some stuff to use for a change.

/me ducks
    *obliges by throwing stuff at Warlock*

Can't have you ducking for nothing. I don't know what I'm throwing, though, as throwing weapons aren't in-game yet
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12