Thread: 1st person view in Yalm

1st person view in Yalm

Yes, was only wondering if the 1st person view in the yalm will be fixed in the booster. This is no major issue and I can understand that it have not been fixed earlier since there's more important stuff to fix. But since devs and designers are working at the new yalms, this should be a good time to ask this question.

As it looks today, well it just doesnt look very good.
    But if u equip your yalm and face it down towards the ground it looks very much better. Thats the view id like to have all the time.

Thats all

you mean how you see the front of your yal as your "head" clips through the middle? yeah... that's a bit annoying... malybe put the "head" to the front or somthing?
    ~Ralakan
    w0t0 Guild leader (No longer Retired )
    Chief Engineer, RK2

What would be cool..is a view simulating lokking out the window of the Yalm. Every vehicle's view should match the window's shape ans size.. That way you could actually get the perspective of being "IN" the cockpit.

Trenchwar, that'd be l33t, and stuff.

But I don't think AO's engine would take kindly to that... the first person tends to be a static camera mount, instead of a new view... I suppose if could render some client-side 2d overlay when it detects you are in 1st person view with a Yalm... Ah well.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Supressing the clipping effect would just be good enough.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I've noticed on test (in 14.6.0.1 at least), the yalm tends to disappear from the view at times, and reappear at others... rather disconcerting. If the view is to be fixed, it should be placed just above the yalm's hull so it looks like your 'in' the yalm's cockpit. I actually find having nothing in 1st person somewhat strange, having the yalm visible gives you something to 'point'
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Along with a cockpit view, how about unleashing some of these air-vehicle sounds.

Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\vehichles

Or maybe some new sounds.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Considering all the new vehicles in the Booster, hopefully they will attach all those cool vehicle sounds to the vehicles

You know I'd like to see all the spell sounds in there two. Only like 1/3 are used and there are some really cool ones.
    Last edited by Fion; Oct 29th, 2002 at 19:56:56.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Re: 1st person view in Yalm

How bout check boxes under F10 Misc:

Show nose of yalm In 1st Person View

That way every user can pick for themselves