Thread: Engineer Nano line suggestion

Engineer Nano line suggestion

I'm betting this has been suggested before, but I can't find it on the boards atm.

Currently there is only one nano which morphs Engineers into a bot: Slayer Transference.

An entire line of nanos should be added which morphs Engineers into each bot type. I.e. Automaton, Android, Gladiatorbot, Guardbot, Warbot, Warmachine, Wardroid. It would also be good to add other Slayer morphs. Each morph would buff certain skills, etc. One might buff Ranged Energy, another might buff Heavy Weapons, another might buff Grenade, etc. Each would come with their own AC buff, and each AC buff would be a different type. It might also be interesting to include a small reflect buff of a specific damage type as well.

The whole point of making each buff specialized is to force choices for different occasions. No one buff would be good all the time.

Making new nanos is obviously something that Funcom can do very easily, the only real effort is in figuring out what numbers balance best. As for the morphing thing, hopefully it would be a simple matter of copying Slayer Transference and changing the 3D modeltype.

mmm how can an engineer fit into an automon shell though?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Well, if you want to get technical and all, slayer transference doesn't put the engie inside the shell, it morphs the engie himself/herself actually into a Slayer. This enter nanoline would morph the engie, just like Adventurer morphs morph Advs into different animals, Engies would get to morph into different bots.

has been suggested countless times before, and been ignored as often

Originally posted by PipBoy

Well, if you want to get technical and all, slayer transference doesn't put the engie inside the shell, it morphs the engie himself/herself actually into a Slayer. This enter nanoline would morph the engie, just like Adventurer morphs morph Advs into different animals, Engies would get to morph into different bots.
    ah.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Same argument/principle as Yalms etc.....
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Warlock
    Same argument/principle as Yalms etc.....
    Vaseline?

You all seem to forget that Funcom hates engineers, and only made them playable in game so the devs would have something to laugh at.
    Secretly logged from funcom dev chat: "Look at that engineer running around begging for buffs... HA! HA! HA!...hmm only 2 hours of begging and she has a semi red bot now..... lets nerf her some more."