Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz: Why are there no patch notes yet?

Cz: Why are there no patch notes yet?

[edited copy deleted by original poster]

I say things the way I say them because I mean them that way and don't like to have my text changed (well, except for by my rl editors but that is because I have never learned how to properly use a comma).

So, if you feel that my post breaks the rules (and the only rule that I can think my original comments would have broken would be the non-existent 'thou shalt not criticize Funcom' rule), please just delete it instead of rewriting it to make it sound like I currently think more highly of your company than I do. Thanks.

Scorus
    Last edited by Scorus; Oct 28th, 2002 at 23:36:35.

I would usualy take this chance to bash funcom, but I will refrain. Cz seems to like banning me anyways. But I would think it obvious why there are no patch notes.

They dont know how to code very well, and nothing ever does what it is supposed to the first time, so they wanna see what will actually make it in the patch vrs what will get takin out, or needs another patch to fix something differant.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

i think turin is right. they don't know what will make it to the real patch.

they are testing the booster pack as we speak and it has a release date rushing toward us. i think the booster pack has worked its way to higher priority than the current patch.

I spent some hours last Friday working on the patch notes, and I'm waiting for QA to finish their part now. Hopefully they'll be out tomorrow.

Turin, since you feel like commenting on moderation, Funcom and me - none of them a topic of this bulletin board - so much, did it ever occur to you why you might lose posting priveleges?

Originally posted by Thyrra
    i think turin is right. they don't know what will make it to the real patch.

they are testing the booster pack as we speak and it has a release date rushing toward us. i think the booster pack has worked its way to higher priority than the current patch.
    With the expected nerf to ELLTS's in 14.8(?). I say take your time funcom. I'm leveling my MA with a crat (+7 crit buff) and a agent (TTS) with my QL195 +15 scope and 2 GoC as fast as I can.

Ok...enough of the fantasy writing for me today.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Originally posted by Cz
    I spent some hours last Friday working on the patch notes, and I'm waiting for QA to finish their part now. Hopefully they'll be out tomorrow.
    Okay, so you spent time three days ago working on patch notes for a patch that went to test two weeks ago and you hoped that they would have been approved by today, which they weren't. Efficiency, thy name ain't Funcom.

Try this system that has worked for each of your successful patches:
    1) Get patch ready to send to test.
    2) Write patch notes saying what you have put into that first iteration of the patch.
    3) Post patch notes as you send the patch to test so that testers know what to test.

Or you could go to the Funcom deluxe system that worked really well: put up PRELIMINARY patch notes saying what you guys are going to put in the patch so you can get player feedback. We liked it when you did that.

I would blame this on the fact that people are being taken off doing current patches to work on the booster and expansion. Or that the layoffs have diminished your workforce. But since your people have so vehemently denied that is the case then we know that it is the same number of people doing work much less effectively.

Scorus

you nail him, Cz!

Originally posted by Cz
    Turin, since you feel like commenting on moderation, Funcom and me - none of them a topic of this bulletin board - so much, did it ever occur to you why you might lose posting priveleges?
    "Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all. There can be no rooms for these voices of dissent. They serve no purpose other than to bring down our Union." (Nikita Khrushchev , February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party)

Let's all move along. Nothing to see here.

lol, Cz is just a pale gestapolike shadow of Cosmik, how he must weep bitter tears whenever he thinks of how much better Cosmik was. To bad Funcom seems to have ganked Cosmik on us.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Sherrman, no more cosmik??

If not that is some suck. What happen?
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Originally posted by Cz

I think I might have had a passing thought about it while I was sitting on the toilet a couple weeks ago.

Of the 2 times I have been banned so far, only one in my mind was even somewhat deserving. That idiot comment. The one about the Nazi's.... bah that was in my mind, not a bannable offense. I appologized about the one, but not the other, and I wont.

As fer criticizing funcom and you. Well, I more like to harp on FC than I do you, but since you work for them, I guess take it how youd like.

And they deserve all the criticism they get.

But, this post is off topic, your right, so I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Turin; Oct 29th, 2002 at 14:02:08.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Cz

Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Originally posted by Cz

its tomorrow.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Which as the song goes 'is always a day away...', heh, a built in get-out clause for Cz,
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I love how all you people bash Funcom.

I mean you must be able to do it better right? Well where is your game?

And if you all know how to program better why dont you go work for them? ohh thats right, you probly just know HTML.

If you dont like what they are doing, leave. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you play AO
    Whatever...

Originally posted by Yamashima

And if you all know how to program better why dont you go work for them? ohh thats right, you probly just know HTML.

If you dont like what they are doing, leave. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you play AO
    ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I frickin' HATE that tired old arguement!

To compare, do you know how to play an instrument, write a song, direct a movie, pen a novel? No? Using your arguement, that means you could never say a song, band, movie or book sucks. Just because you don't know how a thing is done doesn't mean you aren't qualified to judge the end result.

Most people complain because they like the general framework and atmosphere of AO, and would like to see it improve. You, FC and everyone should be thankful for the complainers who remain loyal despite all the rough spots in AO's road.

Originally posted by Bhaaz

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I frickin' HATE that tired old arguement!

To compare, do you know how to play an instrument, write a song, direct a movie, pen a novel? No? Using your arguement, that means you could never say a song, band, movie or book sucks. Just because you don't know how a thing is done doesn't mean you aren't qualified to judge the end result.

Most people complain because they like the general framework and atmosphere of AO, and would like to see it improve. You, FC and everyone should be thankful for the complainers who remain loyal despite all the rough spots in AO's road.
    Just as a side note, i do play alittle drums, i write some but i cant direct :P

But really, there are ways to complain without the "Funcom sucks!" They could say something constructive atleast!
    Whatever...

more constructive posts and less flame type posts also help the community.

on a side note:
    an old bug recently nullified hours of effort when a fixer lost the first grid quest mission. FC sucks for not fixing this when it was reported. aside from the dogone nanotubes, this is a great quest. give us more of the good and less of the bad.

Originally posted by Yamashima

You are playing it. This game is as good as it is because people have been in here complaining about it for over a year. That is the only way things get fixed around here.

Scorus

How are the users of the test server supposed to know test if the patch notes aren't released until the patch goes live? To test better, the patch notes should be built at least a few days before the patch goes on test, so the testers know what additions to actually test? Cz probably won't even read this anyways so I'll stop wasting my finger energy (I'm not wasting brain energy since I didn't even have to think about all that - its just logical)

Arrow

We got a sort of brief overview. After that, people figure stuff out. Some of the people on test are very good at it...

Patch notes in a more complete form would help however...

Almost with us though, so just wait a bit longer.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast