Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subway Signs - A Bit of FC Love for Certain Individuals...

If those are real, then it's nice to see some love from FC for the community. Certain other MMORPGs (like that 'Quest' one) do everything they can to spit on the community. They strictly forbid outside programs and discourage their use and production. Why? So the company running the game can make a halfa**ed attempt at duplicating them and charge you for them. If they're fake then consider me fooled. What a shame that for the most part a scour of these messageboard shows that the community doesn't seem to have much love for FC.

Actually, there's an interesting idea. FC could sell advertising space within the game. Put up some billboards around like Omni-Trade or somesuch and allow people to purchase that space from patch to patch, or perhaps make it a modular system that stems from a file that's downloaded on login. It probably wouldn't be that big, maybe a few hundred kb.

Eh, it's not feasible and it'll never happen, but if it did, I'd probably throw down the extra cash for a billboard promoting my Org or myself (because I'm just that vain). People could get creative with it, marriage proposals, org challenges, etc. Again, it's probably not feasible, but it'd be an optional way for FC to make some profits (100 billboards x 10 bucks a week is an extra 1k per week) and it would add a bit more life to the gameworld, reflecting actual people, events, and organizations.

Yeah I know, it's crazy, but when you've been sitting at work bored for 4 hours trolling the message boards waiting until you can get home and play you think up some crazy stuff.

Billboards are real.

Could you imagine Slum areas with Graffiti for orgs and websites?

Oh yeah this is awsome!

I just hope that FC keeps doing this thruout the entirerty of AO.
    There is many more to be honored, and I'm sure more to come in the future that deserve to be honored as well.

As to promoing guilds themselfs and more advanced stuff lie that.

Didn't FC hint at something in the works?
    Along with guild housing there would be some other nifty guild features.

Hmm. but how's this for an idea?

:::::

A billboard outside the guildhouse would seriously rock.

I.e guild submits picture to FC. FC check it to see if it's "proper".
    and in correct size. (if not correct size it's ignored etc. or even autoresized. the texture is checked and dl'ed by the client software upon entering the zone. (if changed since last time it was gotten)

That's just my idea tough. I'd like to see a more dynamic world here

But adding billboard textures that ref guilds or persons is great.
    Much cooler than just some mockup (tough story tied maybe) thing on the board etc.
    This makes AO more "personal" than other games.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but this isn't the first time ingame stuff honor someone or something.
    I know tht Ark's, GM's, Test Players, and normal players or guilds even...
    Have had items or places etc named after them, what they did or believed in had been added to the story and so on.

The developers at FC rawk. and when the devs are finaly able to get the big and slow marketing/financial guys moving, FC do churn out some cool things

If the last few months is a sign of FC/AO's future,
    things will only get better and better and better.

And if anyone here listened to the chat that Tristalyn and Threx had on their T-N-T show with former GM and now Developer (organizer/supervisor?) longshot you'd have heard that he reveald the Booster brings with it a bunch of awsome stuff.
    And not just for those bying the booster. those not bying it will also get a bunch of cool stuff.

And we are seeing a bit of that popping up on test allready as seen in those screenies.

So kudos to FC.
    Dang FC why'd it take ya so long? AO today sooo should have been AO a year ago. Better late than never I guess

Keep it coming FC, we wanna see more player "luv" in various forms
    in the time to come
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12