Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another win for Patk9/Johiyat in Deathmatch Oct 26

Yet another win for Patk9/Johiyat in Deathmatch Oct 26

Thanks for everyone that showed up, some remarkable fighting last night as always. Thanks again to Nenous for his help and his awesome bot. Congratuations to Patk9/Johiyat for winning 1st place and Gmupter/Talanie for 2nd. By winning 2 weeks in a row, Patk9/Johiyat are a reminder that MA/ADV is indeed a lethal combination. Now someone come and put em in their place

Teams Entered:

Patk9/Johiya (sold to Halfdeck for 21 mil)
    Talanie/Gmuptor (sold to Unit99 for 8 mil)
    Pogobear/Kasean (sold to Talanie for 14 mil)
    Jankkar/Madde (sold to Abid for 5 mil)
    Dyha/Mazine (sold to Gmuptor for 9.5 mil)
    Nenous/Stromm (sold to Talanie for 6 mil)

* Note: All teams paid 4 million

TOTAL ENTRY FEE POT: 24 million
    CALCUTTA TOTAL: 63.5 million

Brackets

1st ROUND

03 Pogobear/Kasean VS. 05 Dyha/Mazine

04 Jankkar/Madde VS. 06 Nenous/Stromm

SEMI-FINALS

01 Patk9/Johiyat VS. 03 Pogobear/Kasean

02 Talanie/Gmuptor VS. 04 Jankkar/Madde

FINALS

Patk9/Johiyat VS. 02 Talanie/Gmuptor

CHAMPIONS

Patk9/Johiyat (Received 24 million credits total)
    Halfdeck recieves 63.5 million

EDIT: Btw, a word on calcuttas. Any team bought in the calcutta has the option to pay half of the bid to the buyer for a chance to win half of the calcutta money. So lets say Talanie bought Pogobear/Kasean for 14 mil. Now Pogobear/Kasean has the option of paying Talanie 7 mil (1/2 of 14) for a chance to win 1/2 of the entire calcutta pot if they win. Also, pooling credits with someone else to outbid someone in the calcutta is allowed. However, the original buyer of a team has the right to refuse any offers after fixtures are announced.

Finally, let me know if anyone likes the idea of rewarding 1st and 2nd place for Calcutta pots, instead of winner takes all.

-----------------

TOURNEY INFO:

SERVER: RK1
    PLACE: Meet outside Bar in Wine. Whompa from Tir->Varmint Woods->Wine. Actual matches will be held inside a building near save.
    TIME: November 2, Saturday 7PM EST

600k credits entry fee for lvls 150 and below
    2 mil creds entry fee lvl 151-200
    Calcutta (Team auctions)
    winner takes all

No level restriction
    Profession restriction: You cannot have two of the same profs on one team (e.g. 2 docs, 2 traders, 2 mas, etc.)
    Outside buffs are allowed (ask for buffs outside the bar)
    Bring a partner; if you can't find one, come anyway, there's gonna be other ppl there that needs a partner

We'll hold a calcutta (team auction) before the tourney starts. Starting bid is 500k. Anyone (even if you're just watching) is allowed to make bids. The record calcutta won is 88 mil.
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 27th, 2002 at 21:30:07.

/rocky
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

*sigh* seems i gotta stay awake next time to have a go with pat :P anyone wanna enter with me?
    Gatorojo - Proud member of Apocalypse

Power to the Atrox!

I'll team with you if you want
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

muahah

More participants need to show up.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader

Re: muahah

Originally posted by Patk9
    More participants need to show up.
    Hm why you didnt tell me?

I wtill want to have that match me Javas vs patk9 and Johiat.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Unhappy

Shame on you! why didnt you tell.
    And gratsicuz!
    Ipex Monkey
    Mithril Iphek
    ~Tranquility

pff

not my job to tell you all when to come, i do go in warchat and mention it before it starts...
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader

heh, when were all online we can have it pomy.
    muhaha
    DIE!

Why didnt u tell me? Well if ur smart u would know that it is the same time every week!

No need for tounry to 2 v 2.

BRING IT!

*Turns on patk9/johiyat entrance theme song*
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Silly RL always getting in the way, Morrizon and i will be there next week... expect a humbling experience all around

PS i want a theme song too, gotta think about that one.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Lets bring back the past duel of Johiyat and Patk9 vs Abid and Morrizon in mort bar! BWahahaha

Length of Match = 10seconds.
    Winners = Johiyat and Patk9

muhahaha

BTW next saturday is my last day ingame
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Fair nough Joh.

Would mentioning the abid v joh, abid v patk9 fights then be appropriate? Your attacking morrizon first thing worked well once but well, hopefully we both learned from that. Either way we'll find out next week, and i'm ready to put some serious cr on the line for it too.

Really sorry you're leaving though, have a great time till Saturday.

Oh and jacksr was talking a lot of smack bout how he, finalbreaker and firedragon were so unbeatable.... how bout backing some of that up too?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

LOL good ole crackhead Jacksr/Silverammi

/me lol

/me bwahahaha
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Pff joh, I still remember Georg and me as Firerose

I really wished I was there this time.. Ill try be here next weekend

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Gatorojo
    *sigh* seems i gotta stay awake next time to have a go with pat :P anyone wanna enter with me?
    I will go with j00 jojo
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

2nd of november is the next? I gotsta be there!
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

bah

when me and joh fought firerose and georg my attack didnt kick in right away after i sat to nano kit. no excuse we could have still lost but once it did kick in i got the soldier to half w/o doc realizing the hp is moving..then joh died so who knows. but dont use it for bragging rights :P

abid/morrizon is a good team and will be a good team in the tourny that im looking forward to for some great competition.

to everyone else: leave tells for johiyat letting him know how much omni is gonna walk all over clan ass if he isnt around, maybe he'll stay
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader

Pfft, sorry guys I've been on a break from AO. I was pretty sick of playing AO when I "left", but I should shoot myself in the foot for not getting a replacement for me to run the 2v2, since reading this post reminded me how much fun it actually was. Thanks again to those regulars like Abid, Joh, Pat that keeps the heat up to full in the tournies and help me with the tournouts.

I've asked my guildmates to sub-in but no answer yet (most of them are anti-pvp. lol) , so if anyone can keep it going while I recover from an overdose of AO I'd appreciate it. I know that Kasean/Pogobear is itching for another shot at Patk9/Joh too.

Half

Btw, one thing that's bugging me about the 2v2 is that I want to see winners walking away with more creds. This one the winner split 24 mil, plus half of my 63 calcutta winning (they agreed to go 1/2 with me on bid) -- which adds up to about 55 mil going to the winning team. Yeah if you buy yourself in the calcutta and win, the return would be 90 mil -- but I'd like to see people walk away with 100 mil each. This really depends on the entry fee and the kind of bids people make in the calcutta. In the beginning I've added 20-30 mil to boost the tourney reward, but its a pain to "have" to blitz for 30 mil every week just to try to get more people to show up.

So, how much are you guys willing to pay to enter the tourney? I'd like to see 5 mil entry fee, but I dont want it so high that it discourages too many from showing up.

Half

5m is doable but starting to get high, maybe add another step, say 5m for title lvl 6 and below your original fee.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast