Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omni, Camelot, and acambot

As some of you know, I lead the occasional Camelot raid or at least lead whatever GS I land myself in. Those of you who know me only from this will think that I'm an abrasive ****-sucker who spams rude sounding orders. This is, in fact, true. I don't LIKE doing this, but the only way to maintain order sometimes is to spam the living hell out of acambot. This is not my idea of fun.

However, if everyone doesn't follow simple camelot survival rules, we lose. So if anyone has problems with me leading raids/GSs please contact Steffani, Skymarshal et al. and let them know. If there are enough complaints I will be quite happy to never come back to Camelot again. I only go there to see Omni win, I don't want the loot. I've been known to sit out raffles just because I don't care.

What it boils down to is this, I take pride in being an Omni player and I want to see Omni win these fights. If I am in charge, I will do whatever I see necessary to make sure that we win and that even the people who are causing me tremendous headaches get a shot at being in the raffle instead of it going to some scumbag clanner like Trellame ( )

PS if you see a situation arise where you have an alternate tactic to use (IE using NTs to AOE right outside the box etc) please send me a tell. Don't suggest it on acambot because people might think that's what we're doing and get themselves killed. I promise you that I will consider any alternate tactics when they present themselves.

Cheers.
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

I just want to say a big thanks to Skymarshal and spyderv who were running the show last night. They do a lot of work for the raids, organizing omni players, dealing with the masses of total noobs that show up, I'm still shocked that there are a ton of 170+ people that don't have a FRICKIN SIDE UPGRADE. If they are getting the ball rolling 4 hours before T spawns, that means they are on the clock working for your POTENTIAL LOOT maybe hours before you get there. They love that place, they thrive on the victory, and they can take the losses without turning into douche bags.

Someone has to bark the orders. Someone has to run the show. If someone doesn't there is no order, no strategy and no victory. It's not freestyle arena PVP, it's a tactical operation and it needs a leader. The word "please" does not need to preface every command. If you can't do what you are told, maybe it's better that you don't show, because at that point you are just a liability.

Here is why you stay in the box room and not down the hall:

In the box room you don't show up on the map until grace is almost over with a 1k run speed. This means clanners have to get in harms way to see if we hold it. This means that if they do they die and another omni outside Camelot can get in to strengthen our advantage. You don't stay in the hall because then you can be line jumped ala MMD, and then they can get more clanners into the GS. It's all about ATTRITION. The box room is the nearest spot to stop the clanners before any major forks in the dungeon, and tactically it's a sound position.

*added stuff*

The reason why you keep the door closed is to keep an NT from targeting 1 player and AOEing the life out of the boss room. This is why it's good to position 1 or 2 tanks on the stairs to the box room.

*end added stuff*

Anyway, GG Omni leaders, keep up the good work and get P. Ross on the bot if you can.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Oct 28th, 2002 at 17:07:56.

Originally posted by Nik
    Just wanna reply to rav's comments for a second.

If someone says HOLD THE BOXROOM, KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED, I usually do it. Problem is sometimes its just the wrong tactic.

The only part of that phrase that I have a problem with is the word usually. If we have 5 people who think that, say, having everyone do a mass assault on T to kill it before the clanners can get down there, 5 people who want to chase a clanner down the hall toward the lair, 5 people who want to go up and 'sweep the hallway', 5 people who are afk, 5 people who are standing in the boxroom following orders.. and the clanners have 30 people that all have the exact same plans, we are gonna get wiped out.
    What I'm getting at here is that whether or not you agree with the orders, they should be followed. If you have an idea that things would work better in a way that nobody has previously thought of, then bring it up with one of the raid leaders and next time maybe they'll be shouting EVERYBODY KILL A CLANNER - CHASE HIM DOWN IF HE FLEES - YOU MUST GET CREDIT FOR THE KILL!!!!!

Now, by no means do I mean for this to sound like a personal attack on Ravenous, because he is by no means the only person that does this.. My point is simply that we have raid leaders for a reason... to lead the raid.. not to give 'suggestions' for what everyone should be doing. I trust their judgement in these matters - the way I see it, if I knew better what we should be doing than they do, I'd be the one barking the orders to do things my way.
    I totally agree with you here Nik, and maybe I should've rephrased that.

I know why we stay in the box, i know why its important to keep the door closed. I'm pretty new to camelot, no doubt about that, but I learn fast and I knew from day 1 to listen to the admins, but even more listen to the vets there who know what they are doing.

I used "usually" because there were some (rare) occations where I didnt stay in the box, and that was when a few clanners formed up in front of the door. I kept rushing throught i, threw an area nuke on them and ran back. 3-4 times and at least 2 clanners were down. And this took their possibility away to form up a strike force big enough to take the box. If I (or anyother NT for that matter) wouldnt have done this, well you know what happened yesterday. They form up at the stairs till they have a strong enough force to attack and simply rush us. Lag + LDs etc do their part and we lost the box.

I just wanted to say that staying in the box is not always the best tactic, even tho I agree that chasing them through the hallway is deadly and can lead to the loss of the GS. But taking some tactical advantages away simply cauz the admin, who mostly will be fighting tara and has no clue what classes are in the box or what the situation there is, says to hold the box.

I dont want to make this look like admins dont know what they are doing, they sure as hell know what they are doing and i learned a lot from them so far, I'm just saying that I dont always agree with them. I personally dont see the point why we shouldnt use all tactics available to beat an enemy. I dont chase the clanners down the hall as this would be a suicide run, but what I wrote above works. Even if you damage them by those quick rushes, they will need to heal up, healing up means less time to attack and so on.

But its not on me to decide over what tactics and strategies are used at raids, I just dont like to be barked at when I decimate the number of enemies without me dieing or anything.

Still, when people chit chat on the bot, which is very likely when a GS is uncontested for some time, its kinda logical that orders can only be heared/seen when spammed in caps. I dont have anything against that, why would I.

Also, you know this is a game and not the army. I dont have to blindly follow orders without thinking, if thats what is needed from people at camelot, well then I'm outta there. I can follow orders and as I said, I follow them, but not when they bare any logic.

As for the rest, I couldnt agree more with Ityn. Its people like Spyderv, Wildwal, Rzrn, Skymarshall, Vergil, Stomper2000, Hirum, and all others, who make the raids fun and who should get all the cudos for organizing raids. Without those people Omni wouldnt be as organized as we are now, and we sure as hell wont take 4/4 spawns like the last 3 days. So a big thx to all of you, even if I dont agree on yer orders all the time

Rav

Going to add too, we need some locational commanders. Sky and those guys to a great over all tactical of the various GSs. There should be a box room officer that handles the situations you mention, including ordering advancment on a build up at the top of the stairs, retreats back to the box, and someone to designate a persuit team so those slippery guys that run past eveyone in the box room get hunted down before they can kite the whole dragon lair of lizards onto the platform.

Arrow

Rushes (in or out of box) = Spyderv

Getting people to follow him is the hard part.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Thumbs up

Admins might try using the color white for orders.
    You could either build in a command for the bot, copy the white character from kuren.org, or make a macros/scripts to do it.

For example, on one of my bots, I have a command like:

/tell bookmaker say JANKKAR/MADDE VS. NENOUS/STROMM

And then the text will come out in white on the chat channel like:
    [Bookmaker] Bookmaker: JANKKAR/MADDE VS. NENOUS/STROMM

It helps to separate it out from all the other shiz on the channel.

GL with the bot. =D

Nenous

Re: Re: Hood is plain ol' useful

Originally posted by Letah

I'm sorry but the fact that a fixer need an uber item like GPH for its stats just as a switch-out-and-never-use item terrifiers me, give it to people who can use it.

Well, from your point of view (as a doc) the hood is a nice item that adds a -15% nano cost reduction, as this allows chain casting CH for quite a long time. But for many other classes it is an item that adds +9 to all nano skills. I could easily picture a situation where a fixer (at least an atrox) could have problems self casting both GA IV and Frenzy of Shells for instance.

For soldiers, the +9 will allow an atrox to self cast OS without needing to put on sekutek stuff or whatever, opening the possibility of wearing outside buffed armor. For others it might open the possibility of a different implant layout, that could for instance add +35 attack rating by freeing up the faded MC cluster.

We recently had some very big debates where people complained about enforcers getting the hood. And enforcers probably need the -15% nano cost modifier more than anyone else, since they burn through nano faster than most classes.

As for your other point about the HPO, why should someone who paid 3-400M for a GA IV have any less rights to win this item than someone who didn't?

Well, this turned into a longer post than what I planned, but what I'm really trying to say is, be glad you got loot for your side. Put too many restrictions on things like this, and people will stop comming to raids very fast. After all, it is better to loose a hood raffle to a fixer than to not have a hood to raffle at all.

Need more Atrox dancing contests while we wait in teh box
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

I agree with most of this, and its really true that sometime the tactic isnt very good. Sometime Staying in the box is better cause if u die, a clanner might take your place. But sometime we have to rush the enemy or they just root'nuke'alpha'debuff you and manage to live before they run into the hallway. We have to take down those that can be a threat. STAY IN THE BOX is good when theres more than 10 clanners but otherwise, we should fight them. Alot of ppl goto cam just for the fight and it really sucks when theres 5 clanner in the stairs and we get ordered to stay in box. We want to fight! Its also not a very good tactic to let the enemy near your base thinking that youre safe. Even in small number, a good and strategic charge can be deadly.

Originally posted by Nen Nen
    Admins might try using the color white for orders.
    You could either build in a command for the bot, copy the white character from kuren.org, or make a macros/scripts to do it.

For example, on one of my bots, I have a command like:

/tell bookmaker say JANKKAR/MADDE VS. NENOUS/STROMM

And then the text will come out in white on the chat channel like:
    [Bookmaker] Bookmaker: JANKKAR/MADDE VS. NENOUS/STROMM

It helps to separate it out from all the other shiz on the channel.

GL with the bot. =D

Nenous
    Heh.......I came here to suggest this, but Nen Nen beat me to it.

/me waves hi to Nen

That green color for Acambot chat can be hard to read sometimes. Make chat from the Admins in a different color, to both be more readable, and stand out from the chitchat.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

just follow orders
    dont spamm chat
    /tell catalyste if u have some questions ...
    attc & defend when its needed ...
    team for use all buff all heal u can ...

Thats my secrets for try my best in camelot....
    Rookie Emeo 212 Neutral adv
    unit member of The league

My duty is to protect life and return the world to balance ...

I starting notice your only omni there lately Thanais :P

Originally posted by Zylina
    f) Are even bigger little ****s who enter raffles without even being there. (Last week a globe was won by someone who had to ask their guild how to get to Camelot. ****ing bull****.)
    Maybe they missed the Beacon Warp ride... Or maybe they were not logged in four hours before Tarasque spawned to make the trek to Camelot when everyone else was going to fill the playfield?

Nice to see you OT folks have some of the same problems us dirty clanners have (except for that Warp thing, we stopped that a long time ago).

~Hoopspro

Originally posted by Divinecross
    I starting notice your only omni there lately Thanais :P
    I'm still waiting on my HE
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

I'll be back in the country Friday Divinecross, then I'll be another OMNI there too. You can crit me to death again

Look forward to it err well I look forward to being back in Camelot again, but not you and that damned Ithica

Catch you at the weekend

Alt

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Twicer
    Its not a question about being rude. It honestly isnt. Its about information flow, and currently the chat system doesnt support a proper flow of information for that many people.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twicer joined chat
    Burt: Which GS ?
    Skymarshal: GS2
    Jimbob joined chat
    Jimbob: Which GS?
    Jimbob: I'm in GS3, I logged here
    Burt: GS3?
    Dolt joined chat
    Burt: Should I zone out?
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2
    Billybob: 67
    Dolt: What GS?
    Smaertypants: No idea, just got here, was AFK a bit for an hour
    Blondedude: Where do I go?
    Burt leaves chat
    Twicer: Go into GS2, boxroom
    Blondedude: Can I join killteam?
    Burt joined chat
    Burt: ok, I'm in boxroom now
    Smaertypants: Leave
    Jimbob: LFG in boxroom GS3!
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2, hold box!
    Burt: I'm in GS2 boxroom
    Smaertypants left the chat
    Dimwit joined chat
    Smaertypants joined chat
    Smaertypants: AFK again
    Brainiac: Tons of clans in GS2 now!
    Burt: Need help in box GS2!
    Paydirt joined chat
    Dimwit: I'm in GS2 - its swarming with clans!!!
    Blondedude: I cant register!
    Paydirt: I'm heading to GS1
    Burt: Need help in box GS2! claaaans!
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2, hold box!
    Jimbob: Come to GS3, there are no clans here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: fer bad engrish
    Lmao @ Jimbob. I love your average omni, must be very irritating having lots of people like that in your chat.

Still i hope you omnis get it sorted up, because this must suck for they ones of you that really do try hard to win the loot for your side, after all its those people that deserve it most.
    Last edited by Jankkar; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 08:40:15.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by Jank

Lmao @ Jimbob. I love your average omni, must be very irritating having lots of people like that in your chat.

Still i hope you omnis get it sorted up, because this must suck for they ones of you that really do try hard to win the loot for your side, after all its those people that deserve it most.
    too bad it's not just an "omni" problem.

(not quoting it) That long post by Twicer can't possibley have been the correct way it goes....

[Acambot] Skymarshal: GS2 HOLD THE D*AMN BOX NOW

now thats more like it :P

Honestly people are paying enough attention to listen to directions somtimes and that sucks =(

I hate having to repeat myself, 400 times, just so that people see what im saying, and understnad what to do
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Damm right.

You should'nt have to repeat yor self like that but thats the only way people will listen at times, look at the log and it seems like a Jimbob and others had you on mute or somthing.

Try kicking or banning a few and i bet you will get there attention easy.

Also Marcos with CAPS and red writing might help, just use that marco twice when people ask the same question.

gl need to see more omnis at T.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Whoa this thread is still alive heh. This thread got me in trouble Well 1 thing I know is no matter which way ya slice it people are gonna have a lot of chat spam going on. We have chats with friends, chats with guild, chats with /tell bla bla bla. Hard to catch the 1 liners often times with the crappy chat interface we all hafta live with on this game. Skymarshal can I be your friend

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123