Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni, Camelot, and acambot

All Please Remember~!

No Matter What, Please remember this ...

It's Omni vs Clan, Not Omni vs Omni or Clan vs Clan.

Try to have fun, it's our daily Omni vs Clan football match after all!

Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Last edited by Unit99; Oct 29th, 2002 at 01:25:04.

My deepest thanks To Skymarshal and all the admins that have given me a chance to particapate in and win loot at Camelot.

Are they rude sometimes? Yes, but they have to be. People just don't listen, they have to spam messeges in caps just to get through to people.

The system does have it's flaws. Many are unavoidable.

The only suggestion I would make is to the "able to win an Item only once per week" rule. I honestly think it should be once period. What people do with the item is thier business, sell it if you want, but don't expect to win that item again. I just think that this could help spread the loot around a little more in game, and give those who haven't won an item yet a slightly better chance of getting it next time.

Just a thought, but I'll be at Camelot regardless.

Thanks agiain Sky and all the rest.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

I also like the idea of only being able to win a particular item once. But on the second hand this would mean a lot of teadious work for someone to keep track of. None of us are here to work we're here to have fun. I've been coming to raids for some time now and I've seen a couple people win a couple times. Does this upset me well kinda but it's just luck of the draw. I get mad when I don't win the Florida Lottery too

If you don't like it there - don't go there. Noone is forcing you.

I'm sure everyone will be happier with the less arguing on the Camelot-bot.

Not that I know how it is nowadays. I stopped going there a long time ago - of the exact reason of crybabies complaining.
    ~Lone

The truth of the matter is that if you are going there with the expectation of getting loot, you just aren't going to have fun. With 60+ people entering raffles for the most popular items, chances are slim that you'll win a thing.

If, on the other hand, you go there to get away from the tedium of missioning, on a good night you'll be rewarded with a good intense fight in either the box room or lair. Sure, I was pessimistic over GS1 last night (*grin* @ spy), but that was due more to the time the clock read than anything else. I didn't win a thing but damn was it ever fun having the box & lair trade hands over and over, and even moreso that omni managed to pull it out in the end.

As far as the raffling system goes (I think it was brought up in a previous reply)... imo it's not the best and I've seen at least one raid where 1 person won items in more than one GS but, to be blunt, there really isn't much that can be done to fix it and at least it's done efficiently. With 14.6, the booster, and shadowlands coming, the stuff that drops at camelot will eventually wind up being less important in the grand scheme of things. I seem to remember similar arguments when mk2 armor first came out.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

So Unit99, when you get a gift from your friend you think it's normal to sell it right away just because you saw a even better thing to have?

Every piece that's looted is a result of massive teamwork by all of us, it shows disrespect to them to just sell it when you can. If you cannot *use* the item then don't raffle for it! Leave it for people who really would have a great day because they can use it themselves, so they can brag to friends and say: "look, I won this from a tar raid".

Today GA Fixers even raffled along for the Gaylee Painted Hood, a nodrop hood that's by far the best item to have for caster classes. Oh, and also not wearable if you have GA. In the end a lvl 150 MA won it.

IMO people need to stop thinking $$$ sometimes and think of the joint effort made to make this possible. I'm sure you haev a guildy in the tar raid who needs that item, rather then just wanting hard cash for it.

How would a fixer feel if there was a lottery 'save the fixer' with a price: GA4 and I would've entered and won? I'd get spammed to death why I entered the lottery. If I say that I just need the money for it they will get quite mad, and that's quite justified.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Actually Noer I rarely talk in cambot aside from the occasional wise crack or joke. But I do get quite a few laughs at some of the goofy things people say.

Originally posted by Letah
    Today GA Fixers even raffled along for the Gaylee Painted Hood, a nodrop hood that's by far the best item to have for caster classes. Oh, and also not wearable if you have GA. In the end a lvl 150 MA won it.
    Ah, the age old "who deserves the hood" topic..

I just started to attend at camelot raids a week ago, and to be honest, had a blast so far. Acambot is a great tool, and huge cudos to the makers and admins who run it for providing such a tool.

About the yelling and loot problem, well there are 2 sides of each story.

1) The yelling and orders:

If someone says HOLD THE BOXROOM, KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED, I usually do it. Problem is sometimes its just the wrong tactic. Clanners form up at stairs, get mass people, and at one point everyone lags like **** and we get rushed, losing the box room. If we would have rushed them in small waves while they were forming up, we would have held the box room (happened yesterday for example).

So while generally I agree with the admins, I sometimes seriously disagree with their tactics on how to defend. if there are 5 clanners on the stairs, with 5-10 more in the hallway, why not get the NTs together and use waves of Kels (area nuke) to either remove them or at least drive them back? Not like a rush of 5 clanners could take the box room alone.

But its true, to get the orders through on the bot you have to scream and use caps, or nobody listens.

2) Loot

This is a tricky issue and I usually get fed up really fast. To all those peeps sitting in the grid, in 100%, outside camelot or wherever, go "youknowwhat" yourself. Its those little morons that ruin everyone else's, who fights honestly, chance at loot.

I attended every camelot raid for the last 10 days or so, every day, every GS. I went from untitled to Apprentice in 3 days, and I sure as hell didnt do it by sitting afk in the box or anywhere outside camelot. It sickens me to death to see people work and fight their ass off day for day just to have some lvl 130 moron sitting in the grid winning the GPH or HPO. Call me jealous, I sure am, but thats honestly BS.

People like Hirum, Spyderv, Stopmer2002 and all the other peeps who work and fight their ass off deserve the loot, not your sorry afking in the grid ass.

I know everyone kinda does their part, be it buffing or just standing in the box room in case a wave of clanners comes in. I know the loot and raffle system will never be perfect, heck it'll never be fair. The game just doesnt offer a system to control and administrate such things, and thats why it will stay like it is now for a long time.

For a perfect system the admins would have to know where every bot user is, which GS etc. And since that is not possible, at least atm, there will always be people in the grid or afking wherever, winning some loot.

I personally go to camelot for the PvP fun AND a chance to get some ncie loot. While loot is nice and I would give a lot to get a GPH or HPO (the only things i actually want out of camelot lootwise), its still the PvP what drives me, and what keeps me coming back for more. All that BS with people outside camelot being eligible for raffles, even bringing alts to increase their chance, is so low its not even funny. But until someone thinks of a better system, I guess we have to live with that kind of crap, even if it sickens some of us to death.

Rav

Nice sum up Rav and I agree.

As for the starter of this thread pack your bags and dont come to camelot. This sytem aint 100% fair the tactics of going early to ensure enough numbers in the play area...is just that a tactic....if you dont have the time dont come....and therefore dont whine about it.

You either turn up do your bit ajnd have a chance in the roll. You stating oh kudos to sky and oh vergil is polite....your still backhanding actually the whole of them with this attitude.

Get a brain and stop your pathetic whining.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Hood is plain ol' useful

I would say GA fixers can use the hood...to help recast GA

I would also say GA fixers, especially GA4 fixers don't need padded coats. They could argue (if they don't have GA4 yet) that they need it to trade with though.

Everyone can benefit from the nice -15% bonus.

Hell, I'm a trader...getting hood means starting with divest advanced at title6. Great when theres 5 other traders and you don't want to see 'better already running'.

The only way I could see a bot checking on people would mean everyone would have to turn off /anon, and you would need an extra /list bot char in every GS, which won't happen since usually you need to clear a GS and nobody can keep 4 extra chars logged in for hours and hours. Then you would still have people who just got killed or can't get back in etc etc. Wouldn't work.

Still sucks major *** when someone sitting in grid wins. I don't care if they never come back.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Just wanna reply to rav's comments for a second.

If someone says HOLD THE BOXROOM, KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED, I usually do it. Problem is sometimes its just the wrong tactic.

The only part of that phrase that I have a problem with is the word usually. If we have 5 people who think that, say, having everyone do a mass assault on T to kill it before the clanners can get down there, 5 people who want to chase a clanner down the hall toward the lair, 5 people who want to go up and 'sweep the hallway', 5 people who are afk, 5 people who are standing in the boxroom following orders.. and the clanners have 30 people that all have the exact same plans, we are gonna get wiped out.
    What I'm getting at here is that whether or not you agree with the orders, they should be followed. If you have an idea that things would work better in a way that nobody has previously thought of, then bring it up with one of the raid leaders and next time maybe they'll be shouting EVERYBODY KILL A CLANNER - CHASE HIM DOWN IF HE FLEES - YOU MUST GET CREDIT FOR THE KILL!!!!!

Now, by no means do I mean for this to sound like a personal attack on Ravenous, because he is by no means the only person that does this.. My point is simply that we have raid leaders for a reason... to lead the raid.. not to give 'suggestions' for what everyone should be doing. I trust their judgement in these matters - the way I see it, if I knew better what we should be doing than they do, I'd be the one barking the orders to do things my way.

Looks like omnis going through same problems as clanners did that brought our admins to get very bored and at the end our bot was taken down..

Now our bot is up again, with harder "rules" about *****ing in chat and afew other things.

The last days I haven't actually seen almost any complains at all (except complains about omnis)

Only thing I can say to the omni admins...There will always be people complaining, start with kicking from bot for 1 raid, if that doesn't work, have 1 week suspension or something, and then it's a perm ban.

Another good thing is to have a forum up there all complains can go so people feel like they get heared without complaining during raid.

I hope the omni admins will work it out.

But wtf are you doing there 4 hours before, that must be boring as hell
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

People complain when it is going well usually, because then all the complainers show up who were never there when it wasn't a 100% win-situation.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer
    People complain when it is going well usually, because then all the complainers show up who were never there when it wasn't a 100% win-situation.
    That's also true, strange that we had 107 people in a raffle before, but I never see 107 people in any raid when omnis there
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Hood is plain ol' useful

Originally posted by Mercatura
    [B]I would say GA fixers can use the hood...to help recast GA

I would also say GA fixers, especially GA4 fixers don't need padded coats. They could argue (if they don't have GA4 yet) that they need it to trade with though.
    I'm sorry but the fact that a fixer need an uber item like GPH for its stats just as a switch-out-and-never-use item terrifiers me, give it to people who can use it.

Everyone can benefit from the nice -15% bonus.

Hell, I'm a trader...getting hood means starting with divest advanced at title6. Great when theres 5 other traders and you don't want to see 'better already running'.
    Of course! Trader is a caster class is it?

Anyways, this is not the thread to start discussing loot raffles, we'll do that somewhere else

It would be a better world if everyone would actively listen to the leaders and not take advantage in the flaws of the system and "exploiting" raffles. But we dont live in a perfect world..

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

agree with rav about tactics but it s not the good thread to discuss about it

Sky has done a great job, we all have seen the difference when no admin is present for a raid.
    Without Sky and the admin Omni wooldn't have
    owned 90% of Tarrasque for one week, and thats a fact

Arrow

I mentioned traders 'cause we are the next in the list (mps a close third) if people want to remove some classes from a loot list. "You got self buffs so you don't need + nanos"

Give them 1 class to take off and they will want more I don't see a way to draw the line without everyone having 400 opinions about it. Ask NTs or Docs and of course they'd love to have it a NT/Doc only raffle

BTW, all in all, the moaning has gotten less and less in just in a week, so they must be doing things right
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast