Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni, Camelot, and acambot

Omni, Camelot, and acambot

So sorry for those that read to much into my post. It's history.
    Last edited by Unit99; Oct 29th, 2002 at 01:22:41.

Every Admin has a different personality, just like real people :P

And the loot selling is an Alliance Policy issue, don't mix admin of bot with Alliance policy.

The selling of loot is a sore point for many though. It takes the entire group to win camelot, but one receives the loot.

To go around and sell the loot feels like selling a birthday gift someone just gave you, at least some of us feel this way.

<edit> i don't mean trading loot for something you REALLY need of course.

And a lot of the rudeness just comes from the fact that it's hard to type full, carefully worded,polite sentences with clanners shooting at your head ...
    Last edited by Vergil; Oct 27th, 2002 at 20:02:35.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

And that damn Vergil has a lot of clanners shooting at his head.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Talking

hehehe
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Honestly you should thank the omni leaders for doing what they are doing by leading the raids. Sure they are bossy and order everyone around, but guess what.. someone has to do it. I can only imagine the kind of crap they go through by leading the raids. Nothing happens when nobody listens and do what they want instead. If more people listened the first time and did what they are told, the admins wouldn't have to act like that. It's war, not a time to make sure no ones feelings are hurt.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

lol calling raid 4 hours in advance, thats the BS im talkin about

*considers leveling engie*
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

As frustrating as it can be taking orders from someone in a *videogame*, it is done to help ensure that omni is able to take every GS each and every time. Sometimes you just have to drop your pride and follow orders. If you don't let it bother you, camelot raids can actually be a lot of fun, even if you are just stuck in the box room.

The one thing that makes it confusing is when multiple people start giving orders (i.e. people who really shouldn't be doing such). Having designated admins makes it a lot easier to know exactly what it is we are supposed to do. For my part, I'll sometimes say what I think is a good course of action but strictly as opinion... you'll never see me on acambot shouting orders. I leave that up to Sky/Spyderv/etc, and I'm more than happy to have it that way.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted by Rebbeca
    Honestly you should thank the omni leaders for doing what they are doing by leading the raids. Sure they are bossy and order everyone around, but guess what.. someone has to do it. I can only imagine the kind of crap they go through by leading the raids. Nothing happens when nobody listens and do what they want instead. If more people listened the first time and did what they are told, the admins wouldn't have to act like that. It's war, not a time to make sure no ones feelings are hurt.
    So true, if people would actually listen noone had to go around 'barking' on the chat...

It may SEEM rude but leaders are shouting/spamming orders because frankly, alot of people just don't know how to read.

Half

and this thread was started by someone that sat in the grid during 1 T raid and had the nerve to enter a raffle.

Spyderv

...bleh...
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Kinda agree with the earlier posts. First off all.. if you don't write in caps and repeat it several times noone listens. Then people sitting in trade or grid or whereever and entering raffle doesn't belong nowhere.. And yes.. i Do mean you!
    If you see this as rude, well if it requires a lot of tolerance and patience to be a raid leader.

2.) Showing up that early, k its not that much fun sitting there. But then what do i do else in this game.. oh lemme see.. sitting in trade at the BB chatting or playing an alt. So if i'm in camelot sitting there and chatting, well what difference it makes.

3.)
    lol calling raid 4 hours in advance, thats the BS im talkin about

*considers leveling engie*
    Were kinda the opinion that warping into a already full GS is considered exploit now. Warping into an empty one cause the other side or an "afk" person are blocking a correct closing of last GS on the other hand is not. Not that clan were able to hold the GS's they had box in lately anyways.
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    ----------------------------------------
    General of Legion

Originally posted by Spyder
    and this thread was started by someone that sat in the grid during 1 T raid and had the nerve to enter a raffle.

Spyderv
    lol, gg
    Last edited by Wal; Oct 27th, 2002 at 22:44:20.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

hehe

Its not a question about being rude. It honestly isnt. Its about information flow, and currently the chat system doesnt support a proper flow of information for that many people.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twicer joined chat
    Burt: Which GS ?
    Skymarshal: GS2
    Jimbob joined chat
    Jimbob: Which GS?
    Jimbob: I'm in GS3, I logged here
    Burt: GS3?
    Dolt joined chat
    Burt: Should I zone out?
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2
    Billybob: 67
    Dolt: What GS?
    Smaertypants: No idea, just got here, was AFK a bit for an hour
    Blondedude: Where do I go?
    Burt leaves chat
    Twicer: Go into GS2, boxroom
    Blondedude: Can I join killteam?
    Burt joined chat
    Burt: ok, I'm in boxroom now
    Smaertypants: Leave
    Jimbob: LFG in boxroom GS3!
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2, hold box!
    Burt: I'm in GS2 boxroom
    Smaertypants left the chat
    Dimwit joined chat
    Smaertypants joined chat
    Smaertypants: AFK again
    Brainiac: Tons of clans in GS2 now!
    Burt: Need help in box GS2!
    Paydirt joined chat
    Dimwit: I'm in GS2 - its swarming with clans!!!
    Blondedude: I cant register!
    Paydirt: I'm heading to GS1
    Burt: Need help in box GS2! claaaans!
    Skymarshal: Get into GS2, hold box!
    Jimbob: Come to GS3, there are no clans here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesnt work =) It just doesnt - the only way to get people to notice you saying stuff is this:

Skymarshal: GET INTO BOXROOM IN GS2 - IF YOU ARE IN GS3 YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE!
    Skymarshal: GET INTO BOXROOM IN GS2 - IF YOU ARE IN GS3 YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE!

Which sucks, yes - but thats life =) Shouting at people isnt something you really enjoy (believe me, I'm a teacher RL) but when people cant/wont/doesnt care to listen to it..

I would rather have a strong leadership shouting orders at me, than going around going "uh, whut?" all the time hehe...

(oh, btw - I never had so much fun in my entire life as when we were going to rush the clans in GS2 last raid, a friend was watching and I went something like "check this out - this should be fun - a bunch of us is going to rush down the stairs and get them, oop, here we go!".. and moments later it seems only like 5% of the people in 100% actually understood that "rushing" part so we got SOOOO dead! I was laughing like hell and my pal went like "You're a retard - thats fun?!")

EDIT: fer bad engrish
    Last edited by Twicer; Oct 27th, 2002 at 23:05:37.
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Perhaps add some way for the admins to set a message on the bot that would tell people where they need to be?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

You sicken me.

Sky and all the others who've taken to organizing Camelot raids take a LOT of **** from people like you. They've literaly logged off in frustration over the hoardes of idiots Camelot attracts once the raids are over. If they're 'rude', it is because there are clueless idiots who:

a) Spam the chat bot with their life's problems, their dreams, what they ate last night. Like I give a ****. Acambot isn't your personal therapy channel.
    b) Can't follow simple orders like 'Stay in the BOX.'
    c) Complain about not knowing what is going on despite Sky using caps and spamming the situation 20+ times in a row.
    d) Are little ****s who use the hours of effort by 50-100 omni then enter for a raffle just to sell it.
    e) Are little ****s who use every alt they have to enter raffles for an item.
    f) Are even bigger little ****s who enter raffles without even being there. (Last week a globe was won by someone who had to ask their guild how to get to Camelot. ****ing bull****.)

If people could reign their egos in, and listen to the very simple instructions being handed out, and stop thinking the world is out to prevent them from getting loot, Sky and the others who have led these raids would not have to resort to being 'rude.'

Frankly, I have no idea how Sky puts up with people like you.

Don't want to come? Good.

oh

forgot these bits...

--------------------------------------------------
    Announcing raids ahead of time...
    Personally, I dont know about you, but I get mental anquish if people go "RAID NOW!!!!!" and suddenly needs/wants me in Camelot. I would much rather know in advance when the raid is starting... so thats why the early announcements..
    It is, and I want to emphasize this, it is NOT meant like this:

Catalyste announced a Camelot raid! << actual message
    GET THERE NOW AND CAMP IT LIKE NOBODIES BUSINESS << perceived message

Warping
    If you have 10 clans going AFK in GS1 for the single reason of "not letting us have GS2" then I think warping "around" those is a good way to get the playfield open. Once it is open, we dont warp.

Mind you. If a playfield is CONTESTED, like Nyleve describes it (if there are both clans and omnis already fighting) no warping should take place.

*waves to all the clans that killed me like the man-slut I am in GS1 today, me and my filthy 5k nanomage HP butt will be back soon again*
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live

Kenlon

Kenlon - its a good proposition, but unfortunately..

1. It means Sky would have to sit and update that every second (I mean it)

2. People wouldnt know how to use that anyhow =/

My PERSONAL feelings is that a chat channel should be able to be moderated (by other means than kicking people off it) and then leave the information out to the admins and the bot itself. Once the admins and the bot had said theirs for say 5-10 minutes, it would be unlocked

(and even that isnt the best solution because during those 5-10 crucial startup minutes, you really need to find a team and buffs and whatnots, and the chatchannel is there for that as well)
    Anarchy Arcanum

Live

Freaking hypocrit

Unit99 you DO NOT complain when u stay in the grid durings raids and then join raffles, be happy you can join them. And then you proceeed to pick on the people that were in camelot even when clan totally owned it ? This is sickening me freaking loot whores that think they can start bad mouthing devoted people, if you dont like it then dont join the chat and dont register you phoney.
    Thats also acurate for the others /afk punks that just sit their asses wherever they like it and come out of afk just to enter raffles, there are people that arent afk for hours, that do pvp at least respect them.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Re: Freaking hypocrit

Originally posted by Infamine
    Unit99 you DO NOT complain when u stay in the grid durings raids and then join raffles, be happy you can join them. And then you proceeed to pick on the people that were in camelot even when clan totally owned it ? This is sickening me freaking loot whores that think they can start bad mouthing devoted people, if you dont like it then dont join the chat and dont register you phoney.
    Thats also acurate for the others /afk punks that just sit their asses wherever they like it and come out of afk just to enter raffles, there are people that arent afk for hours, that do pvp at least respect them.
    Yeah IMO there should be some kind of check to makesure people are actually there. I mean someone, not mentioning names, could just sit in the grid and raffle on the tradeable items like a coat, then say "oh I evac'd/died/zoned and cant get in...etc" and just pick up their won loot. IMO the admins should ban and I mean PERM ban anyone who screws with the system and ALL of their alts.

This system is actually worth it. It is exciting wondering if you will win something. It is exciting when clans show up.

As for rude/yelling. You wouldn't believe how STUPID some people that attend this event are. STAY IN BOX room means stay...people running all over just screw it up. Or people who like to wander down to tara don't realize that it means more lag there if lots of ppl show up.

Omni have tried camelot a lot. You know why a lot of the old raid leaders don't even come anymore? They are fed up with the babies who whine or don't listen etc.

Omni has been doing well so far, it is because of the numbers showing up, and a lot of people are winning good stuff...it makes omni stronger! w00t omni! If you don't like the way it works, don't come. I dont go to each and every raid, but if I am on and have some freetime I like to check it out.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast