Thread: Mass PVP or Wars

Mass PVP or Wars

Hey there..again..

Mass PVP wars seem to bit a bit bland or boring..
    Firstly you NEED a doc in your team cuz you get about 10 people attacking you at once...which is why I am following onto Health points/Attack dmg.

Okay, I died instantly, I was attackl by 3 people all doing 1k dmg...AIMSHOT and 2 Nt's.

Wow, I really enjoed that, I ant even walk around in ghost mode to watch the people who attack get killed which they did after a while.

and there I was 5 minutes later back in the fight..
    As was everyone else.

All I am saying is, I didnt have a chance to do a beserk buff to run, I didnt get to see who attacked me until I ressurected.

I would be more fun if Body dev gave More HP for Each class, I wont be hard to change..Just simple make 1 point on body dev add so and so points of Health.

I know there are issues but it would be more fun to...at least...
    Have a proper battle.

I am also Thinking of other ways to make it..fun.

first person shooters Are decent...Simple rules...go in, die, wait for round to end blah blah.

But this is aO , no rounds....
    But we have two sides....

It was like..

<-- Clan [BRIDGE] <---- Omni

We pushed tthe clanners north, all of us....
    Most where low levels..
    4holes By the way.

I died 3 times but the fourth time I actually got into a fight killed some bots and a MA and woo got healed once.
    :]

In UO is was more easier to ...fight I find.

In AO im like tabbing to find a target, I lagged and died first time also.
    SO I unfroze and died.

IF people had more hp or dmg was reduced (if dmg is reduced mobs/npcs get too hard )

It would be more fun, having longer battles...but still, having the HP that"class" should have.
    enf having the most and uh..who has the least? nt? :P

But ...I know..Each idea has its downside.

More HP = Mobs and missions get easier
    Lower attack = Harder to kill mobs

Solution? none...They wotn do it, people wont like it...

But every other game gives you at least 10 seconds to try and survive/fight back/see the enemy..Well..snipers hehehe

I dont mind Agents with AS..Ah I do it hurts alot but...

What can FC do to possibly make LARGE scale fights better instead of 50 nts on one side nuking the same target all at once.

Or me getting rooted 4 times by 4 guys and..dying insantly.

I want ....Longer battles, I dont care If i die at least so I can...do something, walk...Trip over...take a few bullets....

Also Id like to beable to walk around as a ghost when u die, uz id like to see what happens to my enemy..then pres a button to ressurect.
    :P

On then...peoeple could be used as spys in ghost mode = bad idea..See what I mean..Always a downside..

And my other topic

How can we win wars when nobody literally "dies"
    We all ressurect, we are immortal....
    Fah

I am all against instant deaths, but if 10 people attacked you at once you should die pretty quick. Btw, it would be bad tactics on their part because they wasted their damage. It's better to kill a person just once, rather than 5 times over.

If you are one of the low HP type breeds, then you should not lead into battle, but be as far behind you tanks as possible. When they get attacked, you then come up and blast away.

I do agree that players are still doing too much damage vs other players. I am hoping the the over equipping changes that are comming will help with that.

I would love to see some real battles in AO but for that you need a reason to fight.

Forts, credits, rewards, ....?

Least with a "reason" to PvP people who are not hardcore-PvP might enter the 25% zones.

That idea sounds like the "borg events" where I zone into i.e. West Athens, get lagged, crashes and can't log on untill the next day?

Good idea though.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Iceman109

.. damn trolls
    Hey Pot, the Kettle called.... "You're Black!"
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

How can we win wars when nobody literally "dies"
    We all ressurect, we are immortal....
    Fah

(don't know how to quote)
    maybe one day 3 yrs from now, surpression gas will dissapear and death will become permantent.

That would be cool.

This is a typical 'mass' PvP scenario in all the MMORPGs i've played. Problem is, once you've been targetted by several enemies and they initiate attacks, there is nothing much you can do to 'avoid' taking damage since its up to the game's mechanics.

So I guess if you want the ultimate large scale PvP battles you'd have to go play Tribes or something similar. IF you jump in the air or strafe, an enemy might actually miss hitting you with that gun! Now there's a concept!

OMG TODAYS EVENT.

Now that was mass pvp.

A whole group of mother and other went after this clan metting point outside, forgot the name, selbula or something.
    We just all came in, fists hitting, guns firing left right a center.
    And WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM! OMG IT WAS SO FUN!

And I didnt die!!!!!!!!!! OMFG yes

Geez, damage has already been halved, what more do you want? It seems to me that some people moan and complain about pvp when they lose, but when they win they say how much fun it is. Show some consistancy.

I removed the posts that were degenerating into name-calling. Stay on topic, and be nice, please.

If you have anything against the original suggestion, make a counter-suggestion, or argue against the one made. "You're just whining" is not very constructive.

Thnx CZ.

Oh by the way, I thought you could only do 40% max of someones hp.

Some did 2020 Dmg on me and that is NOT 40%
    I worked 40% out as 1300 hp.

I have a pic and I alreadu have sent it to the exploits/bugs team.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Thnx CZ.

Oh by the way, I thought you could only do 40% max of someones hp.

Some did 2020 Dmg on me and that is NOT 40%
    I worked 40% out as 1300 hp.

I have a pic and I alreadu have sent it to the exploits/bugs team.

FYI only speicals are capped at 40%

Originally posted by Zerosignal

FYI only speicals are capped at 40%

Not true. . .
    All damage is capped at 40%
    I've had this proven to me over & over again with my lvl 40 Trader. I use a Vektor, which has no specials & I continually limited by ppl's 40% caps.

Make ur mind up..
    Cap on specials only or what?
    Ill just check the picture..
    2020 Fullauto

I have ...
    3311 Hp.

Then work this out
    3311/100*40

Interesting
    Specials are not capped at 40% :P

Mongo?

Cloud, did you Mongo?

Mongo Smash adds 1789hp

3311 + 1789 = 5100 hp

5100 x 40% = 2040

No I was in my yalmaha.
    He got in his yal, flew abut 100 feet over me, got out and attackd me when he was falling.

There was two instances, sorry the first I came out of a room and the second was in a yal, I dont think i hand mongo, its doubful cuz i wanted to make sure i caught it.

Hehehe.

Originally posted by Sredni
    Geez, damage has already been halved, what more do you want? It seems to me that some people moan and complain about pvp when they lose, but when they win they say how much fun it is. Show some consistancy.
    Large scale fights are fun, the longer the better. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. Sometimes it nice to be be able to tell who's attacking you and from where before you're at the reclaim.
    Watching people drop in a few seconds is ... errr STUPID!