Thread: Yehaw.

Lightbulb Yehaw.

Well, i have a suggestion.
    At the arena (arena only) for an exaple Tir.
    Lets say X duel's Y.
    Y has allmost killed X, X get's healed completeley by some jerk, and Y dies.
    Isent there some way FC could do something that dissables people to Buff/heal etc. other's when they'r allready engaged in a fight?

Most likely not because the coding would be too intricate. Might have bugs in pvm where you couldnt heal someone because they are in fight :/ wouldnt be a very good thing eh?

Thumbs down

PLAYER.FLAG_COMBAT_PLAYER = true
    PLAYER.FLAG_COMBAT_NPC = false

function INCOMING_BUFF(bufIn as BuffBlob) as boolean

if (bufIn.TYPE = "HEALING") and (PLAYER.FLAG_COMBAT_PLAYER = true) then

if teamCheck(bufIn.CASTER,PLAYER.NAME) = false then
    INCOMING_BUFF = false
    exit function
    end if

end if

INCOMING_BUFF = true

end function

' Although FC doesn't use VB, and I have no idea how their code is structured, I can't see how this is a code issue.

I don't agree with the idea. But it can't be that hard to code =D

Insida you're a Fixer... get used to people jumping in on your fights because once you level it will be the only way they will fight you unless they are one of the three or four characters that can beat you alone. Or don't level and let them fight you when they are 30-40 levels above you.

As far as the healing thing goes just kill the healer. Or bail out of a no-win situation. It will not be changed. This is supposed to be a PvP war type game.

Originally posted by Nen Nen

if teamCheck(bufIn.CASTER,PLAYER.NAME) = false then
    INCOMING_BUFF = false
    exit function
    end if

end if

INCOMING_BUFF = true

end function

' Although FC doesn't use VB, and I have no idea how their code is structured, I can't see how this is a code issue.

I don't agree with the idea. But it can't be that hard to code =D

are they teamd, wher are thet arena/camelot/mmd/2ho/random 25% - 0% zones

you hafto add this to it.. wher are they (so u can use heals in camelot and 2ho) are they teamd (becou you should always be abel to heal your team mates)

so it issent that easy afther all =/
    w00p w00p!!

I used a function called teamcheck in the code to check for a team relationship between the buffing player and the recipient.

And the zone % doesn't matter. Unless you only want non-teamed players to be able to heal within 25% and 0% zones.

Then it'd be this:

if (teamCheck(bufIn.CASTER,PLAYER.NAME) = false) and (ENVIRONMENT.GAS > 25) then
    INCOMING_BUFF = false
    exit function
    end if

end if

INCOMING_BUFF = true

end function

'Edited due to a missed comment. That took me approximately 1:27 seconds.
    Last edited by Nenous; Oct 28th, 2002 at 23:48:56.

I dont see why its such a bad idea to not allow ppl to heal others why they are dueling.. Sound like a bunch of gimps who need to have their gang behind them to fight.. Team only heal seem to be the only solution cause theres alot of coding and we all know FC.. I wouldnt mind if there was a special rule where u cant heal ppl dueling in the arena..

CH.................

Would be really fun and rewarding to be a doc and only able to heal your own team in fights. Supa-healing powers and the medic cannot head that wounded soldierfriend in battle, rotfl.

Get used to it, its war, get your own group if you feel multiple people are on you.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Insida
    I dont see why its such a bad idea to not allow ppl to heal others why they are dueling.. Sound like a bunch of gimps who need to have their gang behind them to fight.. Team only heal seem to be the only solution cause theres alot of coding and we all know FC.. I wouldnt mind if there was a special rule where u cant heal ppl dueling in the arena..

CH.................
    [/QUOTE

Well i dont want FC to go the easy way and make heals taem only.. becous i pvp outside the arena ( 2ho, mmd and camelot is 25%)

so if they make heals team only the doc can only heal 5 of the claners in 2ho/camelot and that would fugg the pvp for the non healers...

PvP is more then Arena fights, try mass pvp that 100% more fun
    w00p w00p!!

so dont try to nerf mass pvp becous of some ganker in Tir arena
    w00p w00p!!

MmmHmmm

Far too many people cry out for Nerfage. All of these people PvP at Tir Arena. By far, one of the worst places to even think to PvP. Zoning, teaming, it all goes on everywhere, but people are so hell bent over their titles at the arena, they never have any kind of fun. It's always WIN, WIN, WIN at all costs. So many people are turned off to PvP because of a few morons at the arena. You know what's funny though.. the ones making the biggest stink are the ones who just discovered twinking and want THEIR profession to own. The ones that ***** at zoners.. the ones that ***** at healers. Stick around long enough.. you'll find out that this has, and always will be, what happens at the arena. Period. Don't come here with your lame ideas like so many before you. I'm tired of Nerf. Try to make your class better instead.
    Last edited by Mundane; Oct 29th, 2002 at 19:57:24.

Re: MmmHmmm

Originally posted by SpikeMyPunch
    Far too many people cry out for Nerfage. All of these people PvP at Tir Arena. By far, one of the worst places to even think to PvP. Zoning, teaming, it all goes on everywhere, but people are so hell bent over their titles at the arena, they never have any kind of fun. It's always WIN, WIN, WIN at all costs. So many people are turned off to PvP because of a few morons at the arena. You know what's funny though.. the ones making the biggest stink are the ones who just discovered twinking and want THEIR profession to own. The ones that ***** at zoners.. the ones that ***** at healers. Stick around long enough.. you'll find out that this has, and always will be, what happens at the arena. Period. Don't come here with your lame ideas like so many before you. I'm tired of Nerf. Try to make your class better instead.
    I've given up at the arena crap. If Funcom were to implement a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 or 6 on 6 system, our own private little zone, hell yeah I'd be up for it.

Stupid thing is, I see enforcers fighting doctors and *****ing when they get hit with rapid palsey and cant kill the doc. They then whine for a nerf on doctors when they should have reconsidered fighting the doc in the first place. Then the doc fights a trader or MP and gets his a** debuffed and dies, then complains about how he couldn't kill the MP or trader.

PvP in AO seems like it's designed more for teams than 1 on 1 combat. Certain classes are just naturally weak versus other classes and it's always going to be that way.

But the arena needs to be rethought. I like to think of arena battles as "for fun" or as training for the real thing. Getting titles from same side kills or having six people gank one lowbie is just stupid.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Good idea Osma. Wise words from someone who started throwing absorbs at a fixer i was fighting :P Let me tell you its not a nice feeling.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.