Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camelot: Tables Turned?

to vergil

I know GS 3 was due 1st, thats the pf we couldnt get into and had to wait in GS1 for omni to come to us.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

It was indeed a massive sight to stay in Avalon, blue dots spamming my map window then seeing the capped msgs:

ALL RUSH INTO GS2 NOW GO GO from our leaders; seeing the bobbly sluggish blue dots quickly move over the bridge to zone in; then taking all over by sheer force.

Filling a GS to spawn a next one was easy too with that amount, spamming 'clear this and that GS', seeing all the dots run out, then occuping another with 60 persons to unlock the next. Yes the GS things kind of put a damper in playing, but its a massive sight to see so many people work as a team, don't you agree?

The whole event made me smile, such things are the things why I signed up to play AO for in the first place, it was a good day.
    Last edited by Letah; Oct 28th, 2002 at 02:38:26.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Multiple Playfeilds

Ok , the contraversy has started now that Omni Has regained its ability to bring mass's to camelot . I applaude omni and the people behind them that orginized them to be a powerfulll force inwhich to take over camelot , but at the same time i am disgusted at tactics used . I am not here to discuss the tactics , i am here to settle sevral arguments inwhich people have been petitioned for .

So we start off with this item first :

1) Are GMs/ Arks allowed to " move " players who are in one Playfeild while the opposing side is trying to open another ?

my answer is no . Reason: Everyone is allowed to do as they see fit , that makes them happy . If i want to sit on the round table in camelot and talk / chat to friends and guild i should have that right. Am i ruining your fun or chances of opening another pf ? Is sitting there on my time and game payed dollars fun for me ? yes , if it suits a purpose such as getting things solved and chatting with friends . If it means u cant get the 4th tara to spawn then thats not my problem , i am enjoying the game as i see fit . ( see next question for further explanation)

2) is opening another alternate Playfeild allowed or an exploit ?

Many sides to that debate . The dungeons themselfs have a player limit , once that player limit is reached another playfeild will open . That seems fine to me . That is what is intended . BUT ... exploiting that gamne mechanic by haveing logged "alts" into those playfeilds and then clearing one dungeon out and logging those alts in to open the next is IMHO an exploit of this game mechanic .

The questions are simple , pls define what we can or cant do . pls inform us if it is an exploit and will be treated as such or if it is exceptable . Pls let me know if im allowed to enjoy the game as i see fit or if i will have to obey what people dictate to me and ruin my own personal fun in the game .

Ah, Erinsuin. It's always nice to get the lamer take on a situation.

Had fun today even though died more than killed :P

Originally posted by aaronb
    I really enjoyed tonight's raids. I killed some omni. Some omni killed me. Given the choice between outright owning Camelot and having control of the box switch back and forth like it did tonight, I'll take the latter.

The only thing that really bugs me are the playfield issues (getting into the right playfield, warping, getting the alternate playfields to open when desired, et cetera). It's a bad situation that funcom has created for us to cope with.
    I had great fun trying to kill T in gs1 last night. Till my kill team hit the grid I had my fingers crossed. I wish every GS is fought out that way.

Half

Re: 2 cents

Originally posted by Patk9
    1st off whoever thinks there should be 1 castle for omni, 1 for clan is a moron, Tarasque is the only pvp with meaning behind it currently in the game and i'd hate to see it go. As for complaining, I do my fair share of complaining over omni showing up 2-3 hours in advance and filling the pf's so clan cant even get a chance to get in, why do we have to fight for the 2nd spawn and not the 1st? Cuz we have absolutely no way of getting into the 1st unless some omni's decide to terminate.

As for the no warp rule, ive been against it and will be against it. I've heard about so many occasions after the 'agreed' rule was made for both sides where omni warps in. And if clan only has a chance in 1 pf for loot because of all the other pf's being at maximum capacity from omni's, why should there be no warping?

Parking engies in camelot so we have a chance to fight is going to happen if the showing up hours early bullsh*t keeps happening.

I'm sorry but i'd rather pvp in lag than not at all.
    The Alliance perma bans any omnis caught warping into a playfield where there are clanners inside. If you or any other clanner spots an omni warping give us a tell. I personally hate warpers period, it doesn't matter to me if he's omni or clan.

The only time we will warp is if the playfield is uncontested, or if clanners try to block us out of a playfield by going afk in another playfield, which to me is total bull****. Other than that, any omnin caught warping will be permanently banned from Tara raffles, simple as that.

As for being in camelot 1-2 hours before spawn, well, at lvl 200 I dont have much to do besides sitting my ass in trade chatting on guildchat, so if I'm gonna do that I might as well do it in camelot. In all fairness, most omnis don't show up for raids until its 1 hour before expected T spawn. You can believe Unit99 if you want, I've been there almost every raid recently and 99% of the omnis that show up are late.

Half

Refer to the omni posting:" But when you announce the raid in upwards of 4 hours from the spawn it's going a little overboard."

Proves my point.
    I hope you don't take whatever Unit99 says seriously. He raffles while in grid!? and usually are not even there in Camelot. Yeah we try to spread the word hours in advance, but no omni actually goes there till 1-2 hours before spawn time.

Half

after taking a break for awhile i come back get a quick lvl ipr my gun to ma head to 2ho fun there and the camelot lag fest killing spree brings back old memories and fun as hell unfortunatly close after i died i had to leave so what was teh out come of gs4
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by gwend
    after taking a break for awhile i come back get a quick lvl ipr my gun to ma head to 2ho fun there and the camelot lag fest killing spree brings back old memories and fun as hell unfortunatly close after i died i had to leave so what was teh out come of gs4
    My brain hurts from reading that.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Btw is tarabot back online?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Third Eye

My brain hurts from reading that.
    use your first 2 eyes instead of the third
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

I had great fun at last raid, even if they had prob with connection from Sweden and many other EU countries so even worse lag

I died afew times and killed afew omnis, was great.

Even if omnis won...grrrrrr
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by gwend

use your first 2 eyes instead of the third
    Using all 3 didnt help me here We're not all american and are not familair with the slang you speak mostly Have mercy on us Europeans

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Arrow

Even in the US they teach people to type, spell, capitalize and of couse everyone's favorite thing: punctuation.

Unfortunately diarrhea of the mind is a common ailment.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: 2 cents

...As for complaining, I do my fair share of complaining over omni showing up 2-3 hours in advance and filling the pf's so clan cant even get a chance to get in...
    why doesnt clan show up 3-4 hours early?

color me ignorant, I dont understand the lingo

GS, GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4...

errrr *sigh*

sounds like a n00b question, but I gotta know hehe.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Re: 2 cents

Originally posted by Jerra

why doesnt clan show up 3-4 hours early?
    Because we don't care enought about totally filling a whole pf so omnis can't get in, and reason for that is probably cuz we had Camelot for ourselves for afew months.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Ah, Erinsuin. It's always nice to get the lamer take on a situation.
    LMFAO! mwhahaha. you know, I never saw her complaining about people getting warped out of Camelot when it was done to allow clanners to respawn T by keeping dungeon free for 20 min. *disgusted*
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast