Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camelot: Tables Turned?

Originally posted by Yazule
    color me ignorant, I dont understand the lingo

GS, GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4...

errrr *sigh*

sounds like a n00b question, but I gotta know hehe.
    GS = GroupSelector.

Basically, there are two numbers we use to refer to a playfield. One is the last three digits of the playfield id (PF) and the other is the GS. Both numbers are available from shift-F9.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Caol : thats cause i wasnt there :P

I never attended Tararaids for a very long time . I was one of the originals who camped tara back when it was on a 20 min timer . After you have killed it so many times u forget about it and move on . If you can prove otherwise then feel free to shove it in my face , till then hush up and get the word from FC on this .

wait , maybe this has to do with you calliung ark and being shut down ?

Is it fun to be 60 claners or 60 omnis in one PF??
    NO IT SUX BIG FAT PURJO!!!!
    i go to Tara becous of the pvp (the loot is a bonus, even tho i dont have ne tara loot :P).

it issent fun to go to tara when the GS your are in is 100% claners, it sux if u aske me...
    thats why warping sux, becous it ends whit 100% claners/omnis in one PF..

so the question we all hafto aske is this : Why do we go to Tara?
    is it becous of the loot or is it to have fun?

i dont giw a sheet about who wins the loot, if omnis wins it GRATZ to you . the only thing i want is the fights and the feeling i gett when i c 25 omni dots moving towards the boxroom. and everyone is rdy to fight them off or die trying....

Thats the reason im ther. the sad thing is that 50% of the time all the omnis is in a diferent PF =/
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Tolbat
    i go to Tara becous of the pvp (the loot is a bonus, even tho i dont have ne tara loot :P).

it issent fun to go to tara when the GS your are in is 100% claners, it sux if u aske me...
    thats why warping sux, becous it ends whit 100% claners/omnis in one PF..

so the question we all hafto aske is this : Why do we go to Tara?
    is it becous of the loot or is it to have fun?

i dont giw a sheet about who wins the loot, if omnis wins it GRATZ to you . the only thing i want is the fights and the feeling i gett when i c 25 omni dots moving towards the boxroom. and everyone is rdy to fight them off or die trying....

Thats the reason im ther. the sad thing is that 50% of the time all the omnis is in a diferent PF =/
    Hehe, last time you crit my ass to reclaim

Was fun though when we won
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

I am after fun more than loot. I think the 60 and PF is full rule should be changed to 30 clanners and PF is full for them and 30 OT and PF is full for them. Would make camelot the way it is supposed to be.

A fight against the other faction for control.

Anyways that is just me. That battle for GS1 was epic. 4 hours and the box room changed hands so many times I lost track. My hats off to all the clanners who put up an excelent fight!
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Originally posted by WIGZ
    clan has undergone a few changes and organization changes. mainly Tarabot
    Omni's now have a better chance, especially if they can get the numbers.
    Imho, a lot of clanners would just show up to fill up pf and sit afk in box.
    Amen brother.

I've attended both clan and omni raids with different characters and I gotta say that omnis put more heart into it overall. Clans go afk in the box room and only seem to care about loot, bickering amongst themselves over how loot is divvied, etc (At least it was that way when I played a clan char, I can't vouch for how it is now), whereas with the omnis, it feels like an honest to god war. My hat goes off to stomper2000. I get a certain chill when he says "ONE MORE PUSH WE CAN DO IT!"

One playfield my a$$. Can you even imagine the amount of lag we'd have then? What, it isn't bad enough as it is?

As for the one playfield for clan and one for omni thing, that's the biggest load of crap I ever heard. The pvp is what keeps me coming. I don't much care to sit in the box room for six hours waiting for loot to be distributed. If you don't care to pvp and you don't care to defend your side, then don't bother coming to camelot. Buy your padded coat and dragonflesh on ebay and pretend like you have the right to wear it. the mere suggestion of removing the pvp element from camelot defeats the entire purpose of having the dungeon there in the first place.

Hell, I'm not even going to whine about the level 2 clan wannabe ninja looters that show up EVERY day. Solution there is to bring in a level 2 omni twink and kick his a$$ or wait for the ghasap's minions to spawn.

Point is, Camelot is fine the way it is. No nerf is needed. Folks want the uber loot, but they don't want to work for it. That's the same way it is with everything in this game it seems. I may never get any more loot in raffles (I have notoriously bad luck), but kicking the crap out of people in a raid gives us a much welcome relief from "Veteran Clan Techhunter", "Veteran Enforcer", "Ace Ruffian", etc etc etc ad naseum blah blah BS missions. gives me a reason to keep lvling. Get stronger, contribute to the raids more, kick more arse. Amen.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

camelot

Camelot summed up in 1 word: stealmate

I was reading over the thread and there are issues with: # of GS's, # of people within the GS's, warping, time people go before raids, afk'ers, people there 'holding' GS's open, Alts logged to open new GS's, complaining about pvp, complaining about loot. And im sure there is alot more to be added to that list.

Guess there is no real solution and Camelot will always be the hot topic due to how many people really do depend on it for high level content. Not everyonen likes to pvp but they still show up. So im gonna do my best to drop the subject no matter how angry it gets me :P cuz deep down i know nothing will change, there is no way to tell half of each side to stop showing up, I just hope to stumble accross more evenly distributed fights but believe me ill stay to fight when its just me there vs a pf full of omni's cuz that to me IS high lvl content...

*Walks off slowly making a dramatic exit*
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

*sticks out his leg while pat is gloating, and walking away*

*laughs*
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

-On second thought lets not go to Camalot, its a silly place.

*yawn*

Boring arguement.

Omni own camelot at the moment. Clan used to. As for 3 hours before call on the raids.. well its the reason we get 80 people showing up because they arent caught in the middle of something... if you want tara show up 4 hours early.

I like the competition between omni and clan... so if you can provide us with some competition do so :P
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Camelot

I for one first off would like to thank people such as Wildwal and Spyderv for there tremendous organisation of the Camelot wars i've attended.

I would also like to add that i attend camelot for the PvP. Without this element Tara would just be another mob to camp.So the best suggestion for me so far has to be 30 omni or 30 clan=GS full for your side.Though on the downside this would then more than likely turn into a highest lvl fest.

Keep up the good work Omni.Cause what goes around comes around and i am sure the Clan will be back in force soon.I am one Omni who looks forward to it

SgtSlap

Hehe

I've been in Camelot pretty much, back in the day when omni owned it, when clan owned it and again now. **** in the meanwhile I've even been fighting in Camelot on RK3 :P

One thing I have to say about omnis currently, they are very organised. Attending the raids may not be the greatest pvpers or the highests lvled. But with the leaders we have, especially Mr
    CAPS LOCK "Skymarshal" SPAM, handing out orders, and Spyderv and the other guys, it's gr8.

The only thing I have a reservation against is how some ppl tend to think they are better then you, just because they get to be on the kill team, or have a "mini-boss" role in the box spamming for everyone to stay in there and "keep away from the door".

Maybe my situation is unique, I have a 170+ doc and a low 136 MA. In the beginning I went there with my doc and got drafted to kill team. Afterwards I understood how the system worked, I couldn't roll for Aura Mag since it was prof specific, so I started going with my MA instead, and of course, he's about 1/10 as effective in pvp and vs Tarasque as the doc.

Now you wouldn't believe what **** I've gotten, how hard it is to get buffs as a low lvl in there. When I go in with the doc I have to remove **** from my ncu since everyone keeps casting stuff on you.

Bah, this ended up as something I didn't attend. I'm just saying treat ppl with respect regardless of lvl and appearance, and doesn't just go for Tara raids.

GO OMNI!
    ----------------------------------------------

These past two weeks I have been going to the raids are some of the best game experiences I've had. Rushing the 'Box' and swarming in or being swarmed by the Clan are just some of the best parts of the raids.

As an Omni, I give a BIG THANKS to Skymarshal and everyone else who helps to organize and kill the Clan in these raids. They do a good job of barking orders and issuing commands. Remember its a war, and military commanders are suppose to do it.

Keep up the good work guys !!!

Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Camalot

Look, my liege!

(fanfare)

Camelot!
    Camelot!
    Camelot!
    (It's only a model.)
    Shh!

Arthur: Knights, to your new Nyitó. Let us ride...to ... CAMELOT!

- song -

We're knights of the round table, we dance whene're we're able.
    We do routines, and border scenes, and footwork imp-e-cable;
    We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spamalot.

We're knights of the round table, our shows are for-mid-able
    The many times, we're given rhymes, that are quite un-sing-able
    We're often mad in Camelot, we sing from the lie of hamalot!

Though we're tough and able,
    Quite in-de-fa-ti-gable,
    Between our quests, we seek incest and impersonate Clark Gable,
    It's a busy life in Camelot:

(Bass-Solo) : I have to push the pram-a-lot!

Arthur: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
    Assorted Knights: (mumble) Yeah, let's go, agreed, etc...

Originally posted by Tolbat
    I couldn't agree more. Right now, most of what could vaguely be considered PvP is one Faction or the other filling up the playfield so that the other Faction has no chance to compete. I won't say that Omni players are the only ones to have ever done this...

The Camelot Dungeon needs to be fixed.

I could care less if engineers whine and moan that they've been 'nerfed' because it is now an exploit to warp in the zone. It was a step in the right direction, but it isn't enough. The programming code for the beacon warp nano MUST not function within the zone, since players WILL do it anyway.

Also, a change in the way the player-limit works is in order. Right now, the winner is the faction which packs the most players in the playfield before the other knows what is going on. Setting a factionplayer-limit will help tremendously since if one side 'fills' the playfield with the maximum of 24 players, the other faction can also move 24 players in as well (a total of 72 players split between the 3 factions).

The scores of people who are turned off by the current configuration, including myself, justify a more frequent spawn timer. We cannot live our lives based on a revolving 18 hour day.

Funcom should devise a system where empty playfields have a forced respawn... but there is far too much 'lewt' in the economy, so I feel the loot drop should be reduced to chance of dropping ONE piece of special loot, and always drop an assortment of boss loot. There would always be something going on in Camelot.

I don't want loot, I want to be able to have 'fair' fights. The last time I went to Camelot, it felt like me against 59 Omni players. That is not fun, not at all entertaining and certainly not worth my time.

~Hoopspro

Re: Camelot: Tables Turned?

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!
    I'm guessing some clanners are writing to support@funcom right now asking how the hell FC could allow for such a thing to happen. After all, it's THEIR castle, and THEIR T .. right?

hehe Castle IS after all Clan dood
    so that basicly makes Tara Clan now doesnt it hehe
    i say someone give Tara a Clan application form if that is the case
    Neophyte Lagging "Tarasque" Dungeon, lvl 600 Dragon proffesion.Clan "Campalot Guild"

iik
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Why is it so laggy there? Is it all the people is that server fubar?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    Why is it so laggy there? Is it all the people is that server fubar?

both Or one is the cause of the other.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123