Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camelot: Tables Turned?

Thumbs down Camelot: Tables Turned?

I was sitting down in GS3 with a wolfpack of 80 OT waiting for T to spawn, while listening in on the battle-reports in GA1 where OT was barely holding box and getting overrun a few times etc.

Reports had it to be about 25 OT 25 Clanners in GS1. Now, T spawned in GS3 and we killed him pretty fast and instantly went out to Avalon Grid Point and waited for GS1 to open.

Once it opened, a flock of 60 or so OT came rushing into GS1, killing whatever clan forcers there in little or no time, only to proceed to killing T.

Now, what happens next is what makes me sick. All of a sudden clanners go around talking about "How FunCom should make one castle for OT, and one castle for Clan", "How FunCom should have one GS only" & "How stupid FC is for not making Camelot playable."

Let me ask you clanners. Do you think OT ppl don't have to suffer with lag also? The tables was turned today, and we had the numbers on our side, as you have had for such a long time.

And now, all of a sudden clanners come up with all these ideas on how to nerf Camelot. How come you never came up with these ideas until now?

Sore loosers?

This doesn't account for all the clanners. Many was just saying stuff like "OMG, what a raid. You totaly wiped us." etc..

But for the few that runs around *****ing.. are you so worked up over T loot that it truly ruins your day if OT takes 100%? It seems like this is the case for some.

I'm guessing some clanners are writing to support@funcom right now asking how the hell FC could allow for such a thing to happen. After all, it's THEIR castle, and THEIR T .. right?

I'll put 200M on the guess that Camelot get's nerfed or OT get's blocked out of the castle

Anyone else up for that bet?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Arrow Yep

Another 25M says its nerfed before the end of the year.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

<---bookie
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Isnt this the same clan who couldnt actually see it was just plain numbers for a while there and denial of play area by sheer numbers who felt queit happy with the current situation of that T was their complete shopping channel for unique loot.

Wasnt it the clan that actually believed they owned it becasue of superior skill?
    DOh silly me....bunch of sore losers

Come wake me up in a months time and see if omni is still holding it....probably not since enthusiasm for Camelot wanes on and off for the omnis.

Hehe but then 60 clan couldnt kill GRH....hehe but omni could

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

I really enjoyed tonight's raids. I killed some omni. Some omni killed me. Given the choice between outright owning Camelot and having control of the box switch back and forth like it did tonight, I'll take the latter.

The only thing that really bugs me are the playfield issues (getting into the right playfield, warping, getting the alternate playfields to open when desired, et cetera). It's a bad situation that funcom has created for us to cope with.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

clan has undergone a few changes and organization changes. mainly Tarabot
    Omni's now have a better chance, especially if they can get the numbers.
    Imho, a lot of clanners would just show up to fill up pf and sit afk in box.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

well im a claner and i think that its bad idea

and GS2 was fun like hell, Omnis wher controling Box room but the claners killed all the omnis and lateron defended the box room form the attacking omnis

the only problem whit camelot is when ther is 99% claners/omins in one PF, becous it issent fun to wait 20 mins for Tara 2 spawn.
    and the reason for me to go to tara is the pvp. and ther isent much pvp when 99% of the peeps in the PF is from one side
    w00p w00p!!

Yea I do believe the change in leadership on tara for the clanners is having the biggest impact on why the clanners are not winning. I for one have no desire till it all shakes out to go fight for tara loot.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

2 cents

1st off whoever thinks there should be 1 castle for omni, 1 for clan is a moron, Tarasque is the only pvp with meaning behind it currently in the game and i'd hate to see it go. As for complaining, I do my fair share of complaining over omni showing up 2-3 hours in advance and filling the pf's so clan cant even get a chance to get in, why do we have to fight for the 2nd spawn and not the 1st? Cuz we have absolutely no way of getting into the 1st unless some omni's decide to terminate.

As for the no warp rule, ive been against it and will be against it. I've heard about so many occasions after the 'agreed' rule was made for both sides where omni warps in. And if clan only has a chance in 1 pf for loot because of all the other pf's being at maximum capacity from omni's, why should there be no warping?

Parking engies in camelot so we have a chance to fight is going to happen if the showing up hours early bullsh*t keeps happening.

I'm sorry but i'd rather pvp in lag than not at all.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: Camelot: Tables Turned?

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    Now, what happens next is what makes me sick. All of a sudden clanners go around talking about "How FunCom should make one castle for OT, and one castle for Clan", "How FunCom should have one GS only" & "How stupid FC is for not making Camelot playable."
    I don't know who said this, but I don't think it represents the attitude that most of the clanners that go to camelot have. As far as I can see omni is just doing what clan have done for a couple of months now, show up in great numbers and put up organized fights in each GS. And I think that the quotes made by Caol here represent views found among omni aswell (maybe not atm because they are on top of the situation). I respect that OT- players have turned the tide, but it's no need to pretend that that one side whines more than the other.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

I've tried to explain this before, and Javas (I think) understands this.

Warping doesn't help the side with smaller numbers at all. This was a non issue for clan, sincethey outnumbered us, and warping benefitted them at the time.

Now that the numbers have swung the other way, you'll understand .
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

hmmm

If there were 25 OT 25 clanners in GS1....then clanners killed off some omnis and vice versa. Then how did you get 60 more OT into the playfield w/out beacon warping?

SPLOIT

Nope, we got into GS1 before the GS3 numbers became greater.

The NON FULL GS with greater numbers gets the people who are zoning in.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

The only way we can take GS 3 is... coming 4hours before ETA. Will that end by not leaving the pf once Tarasque died ?
    I was sitting down in GS3 with a wolfpack of 80 OT waiting for T to spawn...
    So you'll know, max player per pf is aprox 60.

I'm not for a camelot nerf... But i think FC would have to redesign the castle to prevent players of being LD / Stuck so often...
    Example : move Box Room away from the 100% zone, "remesh" the stairs...

Vergil : As I wrote above, max player per pf is ~60, so if there's 25 clans - 25 omnis, only 10 more players can get in the pf.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Refer to the omni posting:" But when you announce the raid in upwards of 4 hours from the spawn it's going a little overboard."

Proves my point.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader

There is nothing wrong with announcing a raid early.

This gives people time to finish their xping and whatnot, thus we avoid the issue of people having to drop everything they are doing and rush to camelot.

We do this to be considerate to those that are in the middle of doing something else.

I don't see your point, Pat.

None of the pfs last night were at capacity when omnis arrived. In fact, there were some VERY good fights with roughly even numbers.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

*sarcasm* hmm must of forgot *end sarcasm* i was in the clan chat 1 hour early and we couldnt even get in to the 1st pf due up
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader

<shrug> I think GS3 spawned first, Pat.

When GS1 finally opened, clanners held the box room and outnumbered us.
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

Just one thing, I dont think because a person has the alignment clan or omni it makes them any different, tis a game remember.

I personally love the battles, i ended up taking out 10-15 omni before i finally got taken out by an overwhelming amount of omnis :P.
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast