Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animated Series

Animated Series

Just wondering if the animated series will start up again after NW? hm? lol prolly not but if someone from FC can please respond to this please?

-=Lord Tritoch=-
    140 MP
    Advisor - Hand of Chronos

The quality was resonable and I can understand that it likely takes people away from more important issues.

If they can spare the time and I cant see them being able to until they have sorted the balance etc then I quite enjoyed these and would like to see them reappear a bit.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

yeah i really enjoyed the animated series (not on my old 56k modem tho). having been able to download all the episodes on a new broadband connection i watched thema ll properly for the first time and thought it was really well done...maybe if they pick it up again they could perhaps work in well known and respected players into the story also.

MORE CARTOONS!!!!

BUMP LT, Mega BUMP
    Desandra: Uber Beta MP

Smile

glad that people remember these from so long ago hehe. I thought they were good and i want to see more =)
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I've always thought they should continue the stories in a less development intensive format. Maybe...

1) Online comic
    2) Flash animation
    3) In-game visuals with voice overs
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Good Theread... Bump

Yes.. I also liked the animated series. It communicated the story in a way that articles simply can not. And it really added something to the game. Bring it back, or at least a nerfed version of it (as I'm sure it was discontinued of purpose, not that it just got forgooten about) Maybe after the booster comes out you can give us an episode or two... or a flash animation shouldn't be to hard.

Talking bump

It was a year ago we got to see the series. Bring them back.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

sorry

I'm one of those annoying twits who wished the dev team would have given the artists in-game tools with which to apply their story-telling creativity, rather than have them produce an asynchronous cartoon.

I thought the series was fun but I would rather they spend the $$$ on infrastructure tools for coordinating players in story action. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Im not saying "bring them back or else!" im just wanting to know if they are being brought back at all ... any time soon =)

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

yeah

yeah, I understand what you are saying. My post is sort of irrelavent and falls into the:

"No, no don't do that because it takes away from my pet preference catagory."

I would ignore my post if I were me

I got such a thrill out of showing that music video that spliced all the bits together to a friend who had just signed up on my suggestion (yes, I made sure he's playing a Martial Artist).

I was like "see? that's Phillip Ross, he runs Omni-Tek" and "that's when Ross and Radiman were talking. There was a neat cease-fire ingame during that time" and "damn them pumpkin heads bring back memories, last Halloween ..." and BOOM! Corky blows up "hey, come follow me in-game and I'll take you Hope and show you the bar and you can see the remains of Corky outside town"

Man, I got chills and he was so excited. The game really seemed so much more real and alive back then. You didn't have to be on at a particular time or place. You didn't have to belong one organization or another. Things happened and you got entertained and the world changed. I always was excited to 'tune in next week' to see what was going to happen and how it would affect me.

I understand. But wouldn't it be cool if YOU were part of that story. It can be done, but it takes a role-based workflow system to do, and a lot of hierarchical programming of missions and submissions. Complex and with lots and lots of potential abuses and loop holes. Look for something like this in a future MMORPG.

It is bound to happen eventually. I am programming such a system, but I have to be realistic. Without being paid to work on it I will never finish it.

Yeah, it would be cool. BUT, if it were me next to Elena Oak when Corky blew up, then I would be depriving 20,000 other people from playing that part.

We had equality before where we all were 'Citizens of Rubi'ka' and we watched and waited on our powerful leaders to make their moves.

Then we had absolutely nothing for a while.

Now, we have some who are apparently more equal than others. I didn't see the option to pay an extra five bucks to be provided with greenies. I would pay it.

I would love for the story to evolve in-game and be at the fringes of it and actually have it impact me full frontal at times. That would take a complete re-write of the NPC code and the AI for key personallities and monster behavior models. The changes in guard behavior through the evolution of the story is like step 1 of 1000 that needs to be incorporated in your world to make this a reality. As I hear Asheron's Call is much better in this regard. Likely they'd still need 60 or so paid actors to keep everything moving.

The above assumes of course we are talking about the Story and not simply 'events'. Events can be run by anybody. Story is twofold. One is continuity and believabillity when it comes to your setting and plot. Two is interest. People actually have to care enough to turn the page. The animated series had both elements as far as I'm concerned. Some demon played by a greenie had neither for me and about 19,950 other people.

Tower capture-the-flag games I'm sure will have as thrilling a plot as reading the PvP boards and following the pissing and moaning regarding bot scams and ninja looters. Somehow Midguard capturing Albion's keep in DAoC didn't seem like a Pulitzer prize winning Story to me.

I wish you luck with your programming effort. I don't think it's as hard at the core as you think. You just have to anticipate everything you might need at your core object model. (Dialogue library, mood, allowable range, capabilities, attributes, faction, allegiance, friend list, enemy list, etc.) The system isn't that hard. It's the content that'll kill ya.

But when and if such a system is finally implemented, and you have to do a double take to determine if a character is PC or NPC, then we will finally see a stage where a story can be told in-game that can be experienced by and affected by all players.

Seems like i sparked some interest =)

good.

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

Animated Series

I loved the series and was really dissappointed that there wasn't more to the story, ya know?

I'd love to see something similar come back with the release of Notum Wars. Give thier artists something to do after all their NW work goes live and they become bored, lol
    Bakira

Unit Member of The Alliance
    RK2

I thought some aspects of the animated series where good, but others quite weak.

*cough* elenor oak *cough*
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

My greatest memory of AO is when the bomb went off in Omni Ent and when logging in it really was destroyed.

Bring back the animated series!

Yeah, and the saddest moment? The saddest was when Elena would pop off P-Heads with no armor and a god for saken pistol with one hit each! I had 1 character at lvl 10-30 during this time and was so happy when my group of 4 took one down after border hopping for an hour. And she mauls them with one pistol **** each! Stupid crit scopes...
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Talking

Bump to my gimped nano friend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast