Thread: To be different?

To be different?

I have noticed that once you reach a certain lvl everyone almost looks the same , uses the same type's of weapons, wears the same type of armor. with slight variations ofcourse.
    I have also noticed in another way that everyone is the same , other than the nano crystals and certain equipment restrictions charcters are also the same in to many ways. The only real separations come with race and what crystals your able to use . This seems boring to me (Dont misunderstand i have a great time playing the game).
    I supose what im saying is there is nothing more than those 2 factors that i can see that separate individuals .
    I havent spent time thinking of a solution , I just wanted to know if i was the only one who noticed that at a later level everyone is almost the same.

Its easier to play it than to make it .

I'm not surprised you only see 2 "Classes" in the game - You are looking for Archetypes.

There are more or less only 3 Archetypes :
    -The Fighter
    -The Supporter
    -The Tradesman

Only the Tradesman is often not seen a lot and in this game doesn't really exists. Ultima Online had enough alternatives to fighting that there existed characters that had never fought a single rat his entire life. While it's theoretically possible in AO as wel, I've never heard of a character in AO that never killed anything.

Fighters are the ones that do the Damage - MArtial artists do it with hands and feets, Enforcers like it up, close and personal, preferrable with a spikey baseball bat in their hands and Soldiers use machine guns and assault rifles from a distance - Yet they are all Fighters. Thus they pretty much become just 1 "class" ... an archetype.

Supporters are characters that can heal, buff, debuff, snare, slow and do crowd control such as Calming monsters.

So, there, did that make any sense to you ?
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Wink

Its fun being all 3
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things