Thread: Stop the cover ups!

Stop the cover ups!

When fighting in mission front rooms, it is often necessary to zone when your health is low. You must zone while your health is above the "critical hit" of your opponent because of client server lag.

You learn this when you kill a mob, look at his dead body, then die seconds later from weapon damage (the parting shots, I like to call them).

Anyway, if you happen to kill the mob while zoning with your parting shot, you get no credit for the kill. When you zone back in the mob is gone.

At the end of the mission, you see you have a 97% chance of token, but everyone is dead. So the mob was counted in calculating the mission success %, but never registered as dead. He essentially goes into a black hole.

What's up with this cover-up?

A good run is better than a bad stand anyday, I should get credit for the kill. I am surprised I haven't seen this mentioned before, but I finally got irritated enough today to post this long time problem.

Conveniently, I have calulated that you owe me 1.2 million xp,(over the 100+times this has happened) please add that to my character at your earliest convenience.

Really, each occurance is only a minor inconvience and I am more intrigued by what is actually occuring than angered by it. I am a computer lay person, I'm wondering where this data goes?

But as interesting as this is, I would still like this ip loophole fixed.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Not sure its a cover up.

I havent said anything about it because if I have to run for the zone, Im just glad Im not dead. Many others are prolley the same as me on that.

Think its like a game mechanic, if your not in the zone be it your last shot on in some cases DoTs then no credit is issued.

Also, Ive found something else that is of point. Sometimes when I have zoned to avoid death and returned the NPC/MoB isnt anywhere to be found. I know he wasnt close to death. Ive completed the whole mission to find one of two things:
    1) They respawn in the room they first started at after a few minutes.
    2) Are waiting at the front door when I goto Leave.

I think this is kinda like the Disappearing pet trick, they are chasing u and have excellent following ability. Your coords show u just beyond the mission wall, and they follow. You in fact are zoning, but do to lag they still have u targeted. Thus u return, they have lost your target and are essentially behind the Walls.\, under floor, in cieling.

Just a thought.