Thread: New Article About Notum Wars

New Article About Notum Wars (Very Informative)

Last edited by omegadsl; Oct 26th, 2002 at 19:14:48.

Oh, if you get a message that you need to be an IGN subscriber when you are looking at the screenshots (there are a bunch on the media page), clear your cookies and try again.

This is interesting

"Whichever side, Clan or Omni, that holds the most land will receive global bonuses as well which everyone will see when fighting monsters with something like "You received a bonus because Omnitek controls the most notum". So when players don't see that, it means they're behind in the war. It'll also cause players to stop and give a helping hand when they see they're side's tower's being attacked by the enemy. Even if it isn't your specific organization, the greater good will call them to give aid."

gotta say i like the sound of it alot. it could really start getting players involved in the story to and gives players something new to fight for and a reason for building the control towers etc

it gets a thumbs up from me

Thumbs up from me too, I'm really looking forward to it.

I especially like the part where if you attack a tower array a PvP flag goes up on you for 4 hours, you can be attacked by anyone, anywhere until that flag goes down. So that means Tower wars are possible in non-PvP zones .

Also like how you only get so many towers per guild, and a tower cannot be higher in QL then the areas level is. So why would a large high level guild want to build a tower in say Athen Shire when it's only QL10ish when they could put one of there few towers in SAV and get some awesome benefits.

That leaves the lower lvl guilds those lower level areas to build there own towers in and have lower level REAL PvP conflict (not this arena 1on1 duel bullsh*t we've had for the last year and a half and called it PvP).

So the lowbies aren't left out.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

" Also like how you only get so many towers per guild, and a tower cannot be higher in QL then the areas level is. So why would a large high level guild want to build a tower in say Athen Shire when it's only QL10ish when they could put one of there few towers in SAV and get some awesome benefits. "

But, what would stop them from actually destroying the low level guild's tower in Athen Shire with their twink guild? OK they won't build there. But them people will be out to just gank any lowbie guild's tower that they can.

First: They will probably go attack the opposing side first, so it wont be in Athen Shire, it might be Omni Forest.

Second: It will take some determination to start the attack, you have to buy the key. They will attack one tower setup, not roam the whole zone. Even if they take out one setup they'll probably not continue with the rest of the zone.

Third: They are a long way from home. This means that the defending team (should) have easier to rally support from other Omnis.
    "Evil clanners on warraid in Omni Forest! Need help from all lvl 20-120!"
    Setting up an assault takes time and is tedious, but just rushing off to defend someone elses tower is a lot easier.

Fourth: If the attackers are a clan of alts from a high level org it means that they aren't around protecting their own high level towers from the omni super guilds.
    Maybe there will be an attack on the high level towers as a diversion.

The same applies for the other side too.

Actually I think you'll see a lot of people defending other peoples towers.
    The problem is getting them to the towers.
    Btw engies will become important for this when they can beacon warp in reinforcements. Fixer grid might also work.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

i stopped reading the article when it referenced the "four year story line," which i believe has been acknowledged as abandoned by funcom.

Originally posted by Borrace
    i stopped reading the article when it referenced the "four year story line," which i believe has been acknowledged as abandoned by funcom.
    I believe you're wrong, because the head of AO development just made a reference to it. You think it's abandoned, and you want to believe they've acknowledged it's abandoned. But they haven't.

so where is it?

simply updating political zones sporadically and placing ICC guards around rubi-ka does not a storyline make.

yeah well storyline = CONTENT. in the begining yes, this game lacked it. FC has been and is still trying to implament it. this stuff takes alot of time to develope and test. they cant have 5 full sets of dev teams working on this stuff non-stop they must have a profit. also u cant put up a new 30 meg + patch up everytime a user logs.

i have a feeling that since 14.7 is gonna be on a CD its gonna add SOO much more than what all they have talked about. think of all the new items, fixes, newly implmented stuff.... im really looking foward to it.

/sentak
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]

The storyline seems to be on their website rather than in the game for all to see and participate in. I wish they were more like AC with their events and storyline.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Borrace
    so where is it?

simply updating political zones sporadically and placing ICC guards around rubi-ka does not a storyline make.
    WTF do you want? Do you want Philip Ross to come by your apartment and put on a puppet show detailing the events of the last year? Yes, that does make a storyline. Changing suppression and changing guards are the ingame effects of out-of-game events-and I'm hard-pressed to recall something so major as a complete change of the police force ever happening in my state. Major changes are happening on Rubi-Ka, and just because you don't get the Council of Truth in your face every week doesn't mean nothing's happening.

w00t shub u tell his aRse!

like his tag says... Shub-man, Shub-man, does everything a Doctor can.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]