Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pumpkin heads?

Originally posted by Emiko
    KROMOZ is such a loser. PK'd me while im actually in a fight with a pumpkin.. i mean come on how pathetic is that, the only way you can get a player kill is when their back is turned and in a fight with a mob? How pathetic is you??
    Hah hah hah

Oh wow...

you really need to play in more pvp areas

Originally posted by calvara

Hah hah hah

Oh wow...

you really need to play in more pvp areas
    yea, i think so

Originally posted by Taxe
    Can All Pumpkinheads drop Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats, or only those lvl 100ish? Or more?
    < 100 too.
    Originally posted by Bionitrous
    So are they only spawned by GM's?
    Doesn't look like it.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Its a nice idea but poorly implemented.Its absolutely pathetic how greedy people can be.I just renewed AO and was outside of Tir hunting with my level 15 characher for Pumpkinheads and i had one engaged and was fighting it for about a minute when some high level jerk comes up and hits it a few times then loots it and runs away.Its an absolute joke and pathetic how people can be.This is something that supposed to be fun but its ruined by childish people and a poorly implemented idea by FC.To say the least im highly disapointed.

This has to be the crappiest holiday event I can imagine. Fly around for hours on end trying to find one of these damn things and then get kill stealed twice. Kill another one because I manage to get the thing to half before 6 people show up and they just watch as I almost die a couple times. Then I loot it and get a friggin' nanocluster.

What a mess this is. Gotta be one of my worst memories in my AO career. Damn Pumpkinheads should be ALL over the place and dropping 'goodies' left and right. That's the spirit of the holiday.

This is once again like everything else in AO: Work. Fly like a fool and hope to find one 'pop' before someone else comes and steals it. It's approximately an hour between times that I find one. Yay, fun. Then I'll get it 1/4 dead and "Apprentice Soandso" comes and wipes the floor with it.

Sometimes I really hate this 'game'.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    This has to be the crappiest holiday event I can imagine. Fly around for hours on end trying to find one of these damn things and then get kill stealed twice. Kill another one because I manage to get the thing to half before 6 people show up and they just watch as I almost die a couple times. Then I loot it and get a friggin' nanocluster.

What a mess this is. Gotta be one of my worst memories in my AO career. Damn Pumpkinheads should be ALL over the place and dropping 'goodies' left and right. That's the spirit of the holiday.

This is once again like everything else in AO: Work. Fly like a fool and hope to find one 'pop' before someone else comes and steals it. It's approximately an hour between times that I find one. Yay, fun. Then I'll get it 1/4 dead and "Apprentice Soandso" comes and wipes the floor with it.

Sometimes I really hate this 'game'.
    Yea that's my only problem with it too, spent 6 hours looking and all I found were 4 lvl200 ones in PW, total BS on all of em, which could be forgiven if I could have FOUND MORE. :\
    Yagyu for life

You know it's funny, I had the opposite experience. When I first logged on they were all over the place. Killed about 5 in PW until I heard that the shades were dropping in mort. Moved on to mort, killed a bunch, and then couldn't find any more so i wento to 20k where somebody else had found one. eventually made my way to SFH and killed about 15 along the river and got 2 ql 100ish FAs. Dunno though, maybe that's just rk-2 for oyu.

Thanks for the event Funcom, did manage to find and kill a pumpkinhead. More importantly, while looking for them in Omni Forest, killed Joo the leet 4 times so now have 4 white sacks (hehe, anyone want to party?).

I loved Bionitrous' hilarious comment about the FC Christmas present being horse poo to 999 people and a black yalm to 1 as stated on the closed thread (theads are being closed way too much BTW). This is an understandable attitude in some respects, but this is a game, like Monopoly or Chess, not "life." If you are roleplaying, then the pumpkinhead thing wouldn't have appealed to you anyway. Looking at this from a "holiday"perspective instead of a "gaming" perspective may be a mistake.

The items dropped don't sound all too cool or uber, just like candy which drops in a sack at halloween. It is cherished for a moment and then forgotten. The shades have that kind of superficial shininess to them, and aren't really useful in the game, so are perfect in that regard.

I had a great time

I did spend an hour in a playing field that I had never been in, and saw lots of cool stuff. The dark skies were cool - and I had to buy night vision goggles - finally at lvl 83. I did find 1 lacky pumpkin head, and three real ones. I did find a legchopper clone during the experience. It just took a bit of guild help, some asking of questions in the ooc channel.

Also, The parade was really cool and I now have 15 leet dolls.

I would have liked to find a lacky that was in my level, that would have been cool.

Sorry to hear others had a poor time of this.

I am hoping that there is snow at christmas, and santa clause casting items at random.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I must say that ...

... I was a little bit disappointed in this event. I flew around for about 3 and 1/2 hours and didn't find a single one. It was always "oh you just missed the spawn" ... grrr ...

But it was really cool to have something like this event happen. And I'm very glad that many had good experiences. It's nice to be excited about AO again.

Just wish I could have at least seen one ...

Oh well, maybe next year, right?

Kymmie

Arrow

Uncle pumpkinhead (for those who missed him...)

And... some other wierdness...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Nov 1st, 2002 at 19:33:59.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123