Thread: Ideas to make life easier on Rubi-ka

Cool Ideas to make life easier on Rubi-ka

A few suggestions I'd like to see asap:

1. World map auto centers on the player when first being opened.

2. Make everyone in your team un-tabable, shift tab for team mates even if they aren't on your side (Including their pets)

3. In the status bar at the bottom of the screen, make a small screen that shows your current coords somewhere near the compass.

4. Make team mates HP show up somewhere on the right side of the screen, my quick menu is filled with pet commands and with the nanoprograms menu down I lose about 1/4 of my visibility, unless I use the compacted screen, but then everything looks weird. Kinda hard to tell who needs healing.

5. New script commands, like randomize(1,100), if-then-else and a new variable thing, like %1- would mean the first variable and everything after it instead of having to use %1 %2 %3 %4 a.s.o.

6. Fix inits on bugged weapons. (BBI Faithful for example)

7. Lower "map nav" requirements. No one's willig to raise a blue map nav skill to 700+ anyway.

8. Remove Clan/OT shopping 1-50/50-100/100+ and replace them with one trading channel for each sides, make it automatically parse/display the item ql instead.

9. Make a swatch Beat watch at the status bar too, to allow players to easier make appointments.

End.

Tried to make my guild use swatch time way back in the days. Hope fc would implement this to ao, it is nice
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

1) Not always helpful, but a reasonable idea all the same.

2) how I would love this feature (says clanner-who-teams-with-neutrals man).

3) Again, not essential, but usefull all the same. Not much space down there though and F9 does give this info.

4) As you have said, this is quite do-able, just use compacted mode. You get used to it.

5) Doubt we'll see that somehow, and given the intentions of AO's scripting, not needed.

6) Fixed in 14.6

7) Or use implants, then its only 500+. Your choice at the end of the day.

8) Have no views on this. Better in-game player-to-player trading would be much welcomed, but that would take far more than just fiddling with the chat channels.

9) F9 shows UTC time (ie GMT) - again space issues would be a concern.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper