Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

Is 'Athen's Junk Yard' where the Trash king lives ? or somewhere else ?

ScottyB

I think there are 2 junk yards near Athens. The one you are looking for is the one in Athen Shire. Just wompa to Old Athens, travel west to West Athens (there is a grid point here too) and follow the road south. After a while it will turn west. Keep following it, and look for a small road north.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I'm kind of surpised no one mentioned this:

There is an NPC robot called "Best in Brass" that will spawn in Galway Shire and attack the guards outside the Rome Blue east gates. Best in Brass is a nasty high-level bot with AOE snare/DD attacks in addition to his normal attacks, which hit the guards for 300-850 per attack.

He will fight the guards and kill them, but they respawn fast enough that after several sets of respawns and about 15-30 minutes (depending on luck) Best in Brass will finally be killed by the guards.

UNLIKE NORMAL GUARD KILLS the body of Best in Brass actually stays on the ground. After a few minutes the loot block lifts and anyone can loot the corpse. The corpse always has an item to my knowledge, and it is NOT always the same. I have personally seen him drop two of the items on the list for this quest. The one I got was #8 on the list, and the one another player looted and showed me was #7 on the list.

I have also heard from other players in an OOC channel discussion that one person had looted #4 and another person had looted #6 on the list.

I think it's entirely possible that Best in Brass drops every item on the list, though my discussions with others indicate that #8 is his common drop. Unfortunately this battle with him doesn't happen often enough to make it worth camping his death rather than going after the -lets. I have no idea what his spawn rate is, but I have seen his fight to the death with the guards several times now and one person watching once said they thought he spawned once every several hours.

It really needs spoilers...

I agree with JBoss... no not everything has to be handed over to us, but taking into account the NPC dont accept the usual "tell me what you know", and does not accept any other answer that those listed (ej.: he explicity ask you if you are willing to help, but if you say "Yes", "Yes I do" or any other logical answer instead of "I will hunt robots" he doesnt know what you are talking about), I think its just reasonable to say that this is NOT easy, logical or reasonable to get unless you a) use this guide or b) Have like 3 h to figure out the correct words.

So, as a test it may be a start, but as a final implementation of static missions, is very bad.

President Breogan
    Rubi-Ka Reform Party
    RK-1

Dodga card 1

I used like 45 active minutes to get all those items. I where killin some robots in athen shire, a robot camp over there.

Anyhow for the one who wonder what the card is good for, we have to wait for the part 2 of Dodga mission, should be out in a month or so..

Good Luck!

Thumbs up

Great job on this guide!

Already got me some of these parts, going to go find the rest tommorow.

I've spent hours talking to Dogda and got nothing out of him. Everything I asked him I got 'I find this talk trivial.' or 'Interesting yes, but this is hardly my field'. Even basic questions I recieved the same stuff.

Only different response I got was when I said 'tell me about Omni-tek'.

Please Funcom, NPC interaction needs a lot of improvement...
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

But I might have never figured out the scooplets were the target without the wonderfu

What mini-guide are you refering to? The description of the quest above or is there a broader guide for the whole game?

This is to my knowledge the only guide ever created about the static quests...
    *poof*

Hi - I quite enjoyed this mission - well, it was a tad different anyway.

I am very aware that this is the only static mission GUIDE - however can someone please tell me whether there are any other static missions ? (Clan oreintated). ( I don't mean dungeons).
    I understand if you wanna keep stum about it - but a simple Yes/No answer ( or even a number) and I will continue my search for others (just about to give up - spoke to any NPC I can find *lol*)
    ScottyB
    Lvl 107 NT - Rubi-Ka 1 - Clan

No, this mission is the only one. It was put in as a test static missions, in order to gather feedback. The launcher also hinted at that earlier, and it was in the patch notes, although a bit missleading.

So this is, sadly, all there is to it. However, if you send in feedback on what was good, what was bad, and what can be improved, and neat ideas on future statics, then things could improve. I assume feedback@anarchy-online.com is the place to send it to.
    *poof*

As i remenber, you should get a token right?
    But then again, why dint i get one?
    Our problems start when we don't die young

Ront - RK2 Enforcer wielding EoT

Taus Fixer on RK2 - 12.7 Fixer (on perma - vacation)

I can't really confirm that you get a token, but it says so on the icon.

You need to have the icon to get the credits/exp/token reward though. If you turn in the items without getting the icon first, you only get the card.
    *poof*

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    I can't really confirm that you get a token, but it says so on the icon.

You need to have the icon to get the credits/exp/token reward though. If you turn in the items without getting the icon first, you only get the card.
    I had the icon. Got Money, XP and card. No token!
    Our problems start when we don't die young

Ront - RK2 Enforcer wielding EoT

Taus Fixer on RK2 - 12.7 Fixer (on perma - vacation)

Part 2

Anyone tried giving him back the card after the patch ?

I would - but scared of losing it - busted my butt for hours getting the damn thing

And I 'heard' that you don't get back stuff you give to NPCs.
    ScottyB

Yepp, open a trade with him and hand it over.

You will get a shoulderpad which gives you some first aid, some health and nano, and a bit of AC.
    *poof*

Thumbs up

Thanks WG )
    ScottyB

Post ...

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Yepp, open a trade with him and hand it over.

You will get a shoulderpad which gives you some first aid, some health and nano, and a bit of AC.
    The funny thing is: That shouldpad made a lot of sense when I first did the "quest". Now, it's not that useful...

Provisioner

What is the shouldpad reward called?

Also, the item database includes Alvin's card I and Alvin's card II. Any idea how to get the second quest?

ok....

Where does alvin spawn even (omni side)
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast