Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

It's not Notum Flake ... It's a "Scrap of Notum" and It combines with the Biotech stuff to make a blabla, you'll find it out yourself
    Last edited by Caol; Jan 8th, 2002 at 17:21:01.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Thanks for that.

I only need the name of the actual first items. Please don't tell what actually comes out of this whole thing, as I really think that is up to people to guess/find out.

And yes, some robot mobs works, some don't. If I get more info, I'll make a Do/Don't list.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I now have all but the first one. Is it very rare or something? I have found several pieces of all the other items but never seen the first one.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Re: One little note of caution

Originally posted by Strycker
    Omni guards at the resort exhibit a surprising tendency to defend rogue scooplets over loyal omni personnel.... I guess the resort staff needs to be thoroughly investigated. I'll drop a note in the suggestion box back at Omni-Pol HQ as soon as my resurrection shock wears off.
    Yeah... I think all the noobs there got a great laugh when they saw me run by them dragging 2 guards and 5 scoops behind me.... luckily at Lvl101 I was able to outrun them to safety

Eleetist

Argh dammit I searched Rising Sun during the early days of the NPC hunt looking for NPC's - *never* found this one though.

Mind you, there were a lot of high level players around - perhaps he was being camped. And yes - I did check inside the huts - they've been visitable for a long time. (I remember climbing themountain back before the steps were finished - beta 4 days)

I didn't mean the indoor areas. I ment the round black hours, with a sloped roof, lines attached to the roof, and a open entrance. I don't have a better word for it, but I did use ' ' to signify that.
    *poof*

Where is the city of Arguentum?

The biothingie

The first thing (which I have found twice now) is called:

Su****ious Looking Parts of Biotechnology
    RetZamed
    Clan - Martial Artist
    Unit Member of Reborn

Lightbulb Junkbot village!

I tried the north west corner of Aegan. Found the 8 scoplets, but like said, it takes forever.
    So I thought I'd just run by the little junkbot "village" in Athen Shire...And I got the last five remaning parts in fifteen minutes
    The very last part took a while (10 minutes) simply because of the slow respawn of the bots in the village.
    The junkbots were all grey to me at lvl 63.

¤

Talking Junkbot village!

I found that Junkbot village is a much better place to find the parts. I spent many hours in Aegean looking for the parts and only found 6 of them. At Junkbot village I found the last 2 quickly.
    Last edited by Kyrron; Jan 14th, 2002 at 12:54:11.

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    Where is the city of Arguentum?
    If I'm not mistaken, it's just by the 4ho grid point.
    ::Godkill - Forsaken Enforcer::
    :: Level 200 and rising ::
    "this letting atroxes get away with murderously stupid things simply by saying "<- trox" is a breed/prof advantage." - Thyrra

Talking

From the looks of the card and what Dodga says after you complete the mission sounds like that if you give the card back to him he will give you a new mission. Has anyone tried this? I didnt want to stick around for 2 hours and find out.

Nah, the part where you use the card is not yet in-game. Since this is just a test mission, don't expect any follow-ups yet.
    *poof*

Angry Mission successful (or not)

Hello,
    I completed the mission (kinda) and I cannnot say that I'm particularly happy with the result. As it turns out, there are quite a lot of 0people who have been clued onto the existance of the quest by this thread...

I first went looking for the named NPC Dodga, after scouring the Rising Sun, I then asked around and discovered exactly where he spawns. Lo and behold, he was camped.
    So, I set my goals on finding the 8 pieces first so that when I managed to get my crack at the NPC, I could get the mission icon and complete the mission in one fell swoop. After a couple of hours in Athen Shire, I managed to find the entire set. So I headed back to Dodga.
    When I got back to the Rising Sun, I found that the camper had left and was replaced by a new camper. I sat down behind the fellow and started up a conversation, afterall the NPC couldn't possibly have a long respawn period considering that the static missions are somewhat important....
    Almost an hour later, Dodga spawns and the person at the head of the line gets his crack at the fellow. At this time there are three people in line. He inserts the relevant phrases and gets his mission icon... then Dodga vanishes. Not too bad, considering that I'm under the impression that Dodga has a one hour respawn. The fellow leaves...
    TWO hours later Dodga respawns... It's 3am and I don't have the patience to sit here for 4 more hours (there is one other person in line). I hand Dodga the completed item and get the card in return, completely skipping the process of getting the mission icon and losing out on any form of reward for completing the mission.

My review of this static mission is; Don't bother doing it. The GM's do not intend to change the respawn time of this NPC, and the fact that he is usually camped, make this a mission only for those who have too much tiime on thier hands.

Then I suggest everyone spams feedback@anarchy-online.com with the message:

Make NPCs stay after someone get the mission, but place a timer on the player instead.
    *poof*

I found the mission to be quite easy; I just hunted the athen's junkyard to gather all of the parts. I also did not have any problems finding or talking to Dodga (606,1120 in The Rising Sun area is his cords), he was not being camped the two times I went looking for him. I did encounter a problem however. After taking the mission, assemling the parts, and returning it to him; he gives his lil talk about how this is finally something useful and how he needs to study it and that you are to return in two weeks with the card he "gives" you for a further mission. But, he did not give me a card nor did I get a token for the completed mission (I did receive the money and xp though). Anyone else having this problem?

I completed it twice, both times without recieving the card. The first time I gave him the completed thingy after several hours of hunting in agean, gtc, athen shire, he said "bla bla, here's your card, bla bla, come back in a while and give me the card and I'll have another mission for you, bla bla". However I didn't get a card, looked all over my inventory got pissed and petitioned. After a while an ark answered and said the card was dropped on the ground instead of being placed in your inventory. I shook my head and wondered why funcom would make this mission different from normal missions and thanked the ark and proceeded to hunt up the items again. Another 3 hours killing bots in agean, gtc, and athen shire. Take it back to dodga, give him the item, get the speil look for item. No item, in inventory, no item on the ground. Looked all over. Now really pissed, 6+ hours of work on this stuipd quest, petition, hours later,

"Hello, this is gm so and so, if you're having problems with the quest pls send in a bug report, thank you."

"Yeah, well see I've spent hours finishing this quest, I gave this thingy *item info* to dodga, he thanked me for the item and said he gave me a card, but I didn't receive any card. E-mailing funcom isn't going to help me complete this quest at all."

"Thank you for your concern, if you're having problems with the quest pls send in a bug report, thank you."

"Did you not hear me? I want help! E-mailing funcom isn't going to magically cause a card to appear in my inventory. I've finished this quest twice already without getting the reward. How about you get off your ass and give it to me, make yourself usefull so to speak."

"Thank you for your concern, if you're having problems with the quest pls send in a bug report, thank you."

"Arg!"

Now I probably could have been a little more civil to the poor gm, but I was annoyed, and not in a good way. I still wonder if that ark was just making up his answer to get me to leave him alone too. But the gm's accomplished his goal anyways, I'm "e-mailing in a bug report", maby I'll try the quest again in another week or two.

I did Dodga's quest and didn't get a card either. Maybe because I'm Omni? I don't know.

Well, the card part is a *bit* bugged. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. Sometimes the item you turn in stays, and you can get a lot of cards by turning it in over and over again.

The card itself doesn't do a thing at the moment, so you shouldn't worry too much.

And things doesn't drop on the ground. If anything, they go to your bank.
    *poof*

Well I did it for the third time today and suprise suprise it actually worked . The only difference between this time and the two times I did it that it didn't work was I didn't have any other missions waiting in my mission window this time whereas before I had another normal mission to do in addition to the dodga mission. I think maby this screwed it up somehow tho honestly I'm just guessing about it .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast