Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

-WARNING-
    This quest takes a LONG time. And it's just killing, killing, killing during that time. If you can stand that, then please feel free to check out this guide.
    -END OF WARNING-

Unless I got everything wrong, this quest is for clannies only. The Omni variant seems to be in Lush Fields, but I have not tried it out. Look for Alvin there.

If you have some corrections or additions, please post them and I'll update after I've confirmed it.

1: Wait until you are above level 55. There are some nasty things there. As long as you avoid them, you should be fairly safe. Don't forget to scan before.

2: Get to Old Athens, by wompa or otherwise, and exit the east gate. Then take the southeastern road and follow it until you zone into Agaean.

3: Look for a place called the rising sun. It's an outpost on top of a round mountain. You can access it by swimming through the waterfall to the southwest. Just follow the river and you'll find it.

4: There is a person called Dodga in a 'hut' in the middle. If he isn't there, wait until he gets back. Seems like he vanishes after someone completes this quest. If he is there, ask him 'Have you seen any strange things?', then 'Vigilant?', then say 'I will hunt robots.'. You'll then get the mission icon. (Note that Dodga might be camped, because he will vanish for 2 hours after someone gets the icon or completes the quest.) NOTE: I have not checked out the keywords after the 13.6 patch, so these might have been changed.

5: Get down from the mountain, and take the northish road till you get back to the gates of Old Athens. This time, take the northeastern road, until you zone into another part of Agaean.

6: Go directly north from the zoneboarder until you reach the Danger Dunes. I've found this place to be the best for this mission. If you find someplace else, please let me know. And people, please share.

7: Once there, look for white dots. They are most likely scooplets or shovlets, which are the things to be mean to. Watch out for anything else. If you find a lone -let, violently take it apart (they are not aggro).

8: From time to time, you will find a NODROP item. There are 8 different ones. Get one of each. You will have to kill a LOT of scoop/shovlets though.

9: Combine all the items in the right order. They do not require any skills, as far as I know. Check the list at the end.

10: Go back to the rising sun and see if Dodga is there. If he is, open a trade with him, and trade the item you made to him. You should get a Dogma's card I.

11: Wait till Dodga comes back again, and give him the card (Try to just click it on him first, then trade...). Note that if 2 persons does this at the same time, only one person will get the reward. You get a normal token, a bravery token and a clan shoulderpad of the su****ious for this.

Things to think about:

- Although scooplets are fairly calm, they will group up on you if you attack one of them. Try to find some that are alone.

- If you find a mob called Desert Eremith, then RUN!!! Look out for Vultures and Anun mobs too.

- Take a screwdriver along. You get a lot of junk to convert.

- The items you need have NODROP and UNIQUE. You can't pick up those you already have, but you can pick up those you've already assembled.

- The last few items takes a LONG time to find. Don't despair.

- You can get these items from certain kinds of robotic mobs. Scooplets and their kin are the best shot, but it also occurs on the A-series, and perhaps some other mobs. Zone does not matter, as long as it is outdoors.

Credits:

Thanks to those who has posted on the boards about this.

List of items and the order they should be assembled:

1. Su****ious Looking Parts of Biotechnology
    2. Scrap of Notum
    3. Microscopic Pulsating Nano Crystals
    4. Bundle of Nano-Tubes
    5. Liquid Based Conductors
    6. Large and partly fused lump of strange tetrahedral CPU bundles.
    7. Ancient Looking Lamp Relay
    8. Highly plastic mother-circuit array

These things combines into something really nasty. Check it out for yourself. Most of the later steps comes with a really descriptive message, and there are sepparate graphics for all the products. They did this part right.

- Areas to look in-
    The robot 'village' in Athen Shire seems popular, and Agaean is quite okay. Other than that, anything with the proper mobs is okay.
    Last edited by WGMelchior; Mar 27th, 2002 at 12:56:33.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I found 2 of those items in oops I think I'll keep that a secret :P
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Hmmm, so that's what that lamp relay is for. Looted it off a vulture that aggroed me in Aegean a little while ago.

THings of use

Or you can go to the trash king and punk his buddies. ONly problem that I can see is that Dodga doesn't give you a card like ALvin does. At least not the 5 times I've used the construct on him.

Frustration....not just a name....

putting the Un in fun

So you don't get anything at all?

And I never had a vulture give me these things. Are you 100% sure about this?
    *poof*

Red face my $0.02

Anyway, I got the mission icon off of Alvin and have explored both Aegean and Lush Hills looking for *-lets, as well as Clon****, where there are of course many of them. In each of the first two places, just about the first one I killed gave me a component, but the next 10 or so did not, until finally I pretty much ran out of them in the area. Was this just a coincidence, or is it meaningful? I certainly wasted several hours pointlessly killing gray *-lets in each location with no further useful results.

So this pattern would lead me to suspect that I should be looking for 6 more concentrations of *-lets in other regions, except that WGMelchior mentioned no such thing. Are you just supposed to keep wandering around Aegean and the Resort indefinitely waiting for the little bastards to spawn?

BTW, there seems to be the occasional scooplet scattered around Aegean without all that much pattern, but the ones at Lush Hills are mostly in and around the resort; so far as I could see there weren't any anywhere else.

Came back to Aegean a few hours later and found a total of one scooplet in the whole zone. I didn't find any components in Clon****, but that's to be expected since presumably all those bots are operated by Omni-Mine. My brilliant idea for aoe-ing that large gang of waste collectors in Galway Shire bore no fruit either, by the way; pity, because it would have been convenient if they had components.

Oh yeah, the mission reward is about 2.7k cred and 2.7k xp according to the icon. Could be good if you were first level, but I get more than that for a regular kill in a mission these days. Considering how dangerous Aegean is for players who find scooplets to be green or yellow, I suppose there may well be a further reward not listed on the icon though.

BTW, thanks for the guide.

-Strycker

Re: THings of use

Originally posted by Frustration
    ONly problem that I can see is that Dodga doesn't give you a card like ALvin does. At least not the 5 times I've used the construct on him.
    I got a card from Dodga today (1/6/02). Seemed to be working ok.

Eh, you can kill the same pile of lets over and over again. It's totally random, but be prepared to put down a lot of hours into this.

As I said, in the northwestern of Agaean, in the deserty part there, there should be about 8 of them. Just run around that area, until your feet bleeds.

And if that is the only reward... *shrug* Was kind of expected, wasn't it?
    *poof*

'Completed' the quest! And yes, you do get a card. For some reason, the thingie you gave to him stayed in my inventory.
    *poof*

I noticed the completed product stayed in my inventory as well after completing this part of the quest. However, after logging out and then back on it had properly vanished.

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    'Completed' the quest! And yes, you do get a card. For some reason, the thingie you gave to him stayed in my inventory.
    This happened to me as well, but it vanished when I zoned.

Will you tell us how to get the mission Icon or please /tell eleetist in game to let me know.

Exclamation One little note of caution

Omni guards at the resort exhibit a surprising tendency to defend rogue scooplets over loyal omni personnel.... I guess the resort staff needs to be thoroughly investigated. I'll drop a note in the suggestion box back at Omni-Pol HQ as soon as my resurrection shock wears off.

I've updated the guide.

Edited a couple of steps, and put in the exact words I used to get it. Try it out.
    *poof*

Thank you so much for your effort in sharing this information!!!

/me is glad there are people like you who play the game

How the hell are people supposed to know these questions w/o you telling us? Trial and error, or is there something that happens before? This is insanity. "Have you seen anything strange?", "Vigilant?", you gotta be kiddin me.

damn jboss, use your imagination. everything wont' be handed to you. :P

Question Guesswork in this mission

Well, I for one had few problems talking to Alvin once I knew in general that he was interested in robots. I got the mission token right away. The "stay vigilant" thing comes from something he says when you give him a keyword which I have unfortunately forgotten, and then he outright asks you a question. He should then respond to "yes" but as he stupidly doesn't I had to try a couple of things before I got "I will hunt robots." to work.

But I might have never figured out the scooplets were the target without the wonderful Mini-Guide. Maybe I might have killed one or two and found nothing, but why should I continue killing random gray mobs indefinitely? Alvin as I recall specifically says something about robots right outside cities and he also talks about robots which are seemingly intelligent. The scooplets are neither of these things. Lush Hills Resort is not a city. I suppose it's not a huge distance from Omni-1, but it's got to be around 5 to 10 km if distance has any meaning in this world. There are zillions of robots throughout Lush as well as elsewhere. I would never have just killed a whole bunch of gray scooplets on my own. I would just have assumed I was supposed to kill, uhh, whatshisname, that annoying unique robot NPC at Harry's, and since he is ultra-deep red to me, (for fun I rooted and nuked him once, and brought his health bar down 2 pixels) I would have blown off the mission indefinitely.

The question is, was the first person to figure out the scooplets brilliant, stubbornly stupid, or just lucky? :-)

Re: Guesswork in this mission

What's all this about scooplets?

I found all of these items killing A-xElite / Soldier robots outside Arguentum or whatever that wicked city is called...
    Last edited by Caol; Jan 8th, 2002 at 14:36:22.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

theese things I have found

And they was lootet off the mobs in bot mountain.
    Stay clear of 'live metal' thou its a tiny killer thingy. And it is aggro.

3. Microscopic Pulsating Nano Crystals
    7. Ancient Looking Lamp Relay
    8. Highly plastic mother-circuit array
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast